Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They have made a mess of it, I just don’t know if it was deliberate or not.

Having originally been Blatter's great pal (heir presumptive?) at FIFA, Platini then fell out with him.

I reckon this farce of a tournament was Platini's idea to reinforce his powerbase at UEFA - i.e. divide the sweeties amongst as many Associations (i.e. votes) as possible.

Tbh, I've never liked Platini, ever since he sabotaged the career of fellow French international Jean-Francois Larios, who was all set to sign for Spurs, all because Larios had the temerity to be knobbing Platini's missus:

I mean, if she could "take one for the team", I don't see why he couldn't have - he was team captain, after all!

Was this not exactly why this tournament came to be, Platini buying political votes for years to come? It's clearly an utter nonsense of a setup. They might as well be giving Israel games to host to spread the tournament further and wider. Tournament for the fans my hole.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Just give it to Germany permanently 

Yeah, with the final in WeltHauptStadt Germania.

Wait a second....
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:56pm
My Euro 2020 was in Tbilisi last October. It was a great few days. I thought the venue was great. It was beneficial for the fans, the locals and the Georgian economy. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic