You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2016 group games predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:42pm
I think we're dependent on what happens in the first game. We need to beat Sweden. If Italy beat Belgium, then the Belgians will go all out to hammer us. Likewise if Belgium beat Italy, they'll be after every last goal until the closing whistle.

Italy 1-1 Belgium
Ireland 1-0 Sweden

Ireland 0-0 Belgium
Italy 2-1 Sweden

Ireland 0-2 Italy
Belgium 1-0 Sweden

Swedes out in the first round.
Sponsored Links

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:44pm
Italy 7 points, Belgium 5 points, Ireland 4 points, Sweden 0 points.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:08pm
1-2 vs Sweden
0-3 vs Belgium
1-1 vs Italy

Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:40pm
Ireland 2-0 Sweden
Ireland 1-1 Belgium
Ireland 2-1 Italy
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:32pm
2-1 win v Sweden
2-0 loss v Belgium
1-1 v Italy

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:42pm
I defo think Sweden are the worst team in the group, but they have Ibrahimovic...that said he's 35, which is a massive credit to him for been a striker and still at a really high level. 

So I think we might just get the win against them, no idea what happens after that, the momentum of a win and very likely qualification for the next round on that win could really galvinise us. 

If we lost against Sweden, I still wouldn't assume we are f**ked like we were in Poland.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:43pm
ps back the hell out of a 1-1 draw in the Italy v Belgium game
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 1:01am
Yeah it's good that no matter what happens we're most likely going to Lille on the final matchday with something to play for
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 1:29am
Ireland 1 - 0 Sweden They struggled throught qualifying and have a terribly average squad, even less so than us I reckon. It'll be a fairly tight game I reckon and theyre there for the taken, but we never do things the easy way. We'll edge it. Close out their midfield to stop Zlat being fed and we'll be grand. Theyve a very suspect defense.

Belguim 1 - 1 Ireland This can go either way I feel. There wont be much in it. A lot of people are over estimating Belguims chances. Unbelievable talent on paper, but it doesnt always translate onto the field. Willmots is a poor manager tactically. They struggled in qualifying also and despite reaching the semi's in the last world cup, they never beat anyone by more than a goal, including Algeria and the US. I feel they'll take the lead, but I also feel we could pull one back.

Italy 2 - 0 Ireland Italy have a habit of just turning up to these tournaments, we'll give them a go but I feel they'll need this game more than us to book a place in the next round and grind out a comfortable result against us.
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:10am
Ireland 2 - 0 Sweden Think we are a better team than them and if you stop Ibrahimovic then that's them pretty much sussed.

Ireland 1 - 1 Belgium On paper a fantastic squad, But so are Germany! so I think a hard fought draw with little Possession and a goal from a set piece possibly!

Ireland 1 - 1 Italy Both teams going through ala Ireland/Holland Italia 90
Briii1 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briii1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:29am
I really dont think Belgium are the great beast everyone is making them out to be. Their results in qualifying in last campaign were not unreal. In the last World Cup, they squeeked past Russia and Algeria not counting the Korea game as they were already through, 4 points from Bosnia, 6 from Israel and 1 from Wales teams that are compareable to us shows that its possible to get 1 point from the game. They have a very good squad but I think the fact that alot of their players play in the Premiership is really benefitial to us. Think it will be a close game can't see us losing by more than 1 goal.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I defo think Sweden are the worst team in the group, but they have Ibrahimovic...that said he's 35, which is a massive credit to him for been a striker and still at a really high level. 

So I think we might just get the win against them, no idea what happens after that, the momentum of a win and very likely qualification for the next round on that win could really galvinise us. 

If we lost against Sweden, I still wouldn't assume we are f**ked like we were in Poland.

We would be. Don't beat Sweden and we don't qualify, it is that simple.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:24am
A lot of the Belgian big name players are having shockers at the moment. Lukaku and Mirallas can't wait for the season to be over, I'd say, Courtois ends a shabby season with a straight red. When did we last see Kompany? Fellaini, don't make me laugh! Benteke can't get a game. The only player of theirs that I'm worried of is De Bruyne.
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

A lot of the Belgian big name players are having shockers at the moment. Lukaku and Mirallas can't wait for the season to be over, I'd say, Courtois ends a shabby season with a straight red. When did we last see Kompany? Fellaini, don't make me laugh! Benteke can't get a game. The only player of theirs that I'm worried of is De Bruyne.

Alderwiereld and Verthongen are arguably the best CB partnership in England at the min. Origi having a strong end to the season

DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:50am
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Alderwiereld and Verthongen are arguably the best CB partnership in England at the min. Origi having a strong end to the season

Not anymore. Goosed his ankle last night
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 11:02am
I have a feeling Italy will flop at this tournament. They might not get out of the group.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 11:09am
I think how we fare against Italy/Belgium will be massively influenced by the outcome of the game between those two.

If either of them win it, then the pressure will be off them to beat us, and we could take a draw.

If it's a drawn game then there'll be more pressure to win against us, potentially. So, best outcome for us is probably a Belgian win.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I have a feeling Italy will flop at this tournament. They might not get out of the group.
Strangely enough Itlay have flopped alot at the Euros when you compare their record at WC's.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic