You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 Squad Ladder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2012 Squad Ladder
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 10:21pm
1. Given - Definite XI
2. Keane - Definite XI
3. Dunne - Definite XI
4. Duff - Definite XI
5. McGeady - Definite XI
6. Andrews - Definite XI
7. St Ledger - Definite XI
8. Doyle - Almost certain XI
9. Whelan - Almost certain XI
10. Ward - Probable XI
11. O'Shea - Probable XI, disappointing last night
12. Kelly - Probable XI, although a team without O'Shea anywhere would be unusual
13. Gibson - Could dislodge Whelan, although Trap may not trust that midfield as solid enough, definite for the squad, depends on his fitness form til the end of the season
14. Walters - Could dislodge Doyle in the starting XI, depends on Doyle's form as much as Walters
15. Hunt - Trap favourite and a first choice sub
16. O'Dea - Solid when called upon and a definite for the squad
17. Fahey - Squad certainty, playing well for Birmingham
18. Cox - Increasingly likely, especially after the goal vs the Czech Republic
19. Foley - Needs to get back in the Wolves team, as he could slip behind the likes of Coleman for right back
20. Coleman - Enough wingers in the squad, and he hasn't been playing enough this year, although versatility may say him on the plane
21. Long - Cox and Walters have staked their claims well, leaving aside league form, looking like most likely of the five to miss out, poor showing last night did him no favours
22. Westwood - Probably 2nd choice keeper, fitness permitting
23. Forde - Will probably make 3rd choice keeper
24. Murphy - Could make the squad but it is hard to say who will make it as no 3 keeper
25. Henderson - Ditto
26. Green - Will make the squad if Gibson not fit, could well have dislodged McCarthy from the squad after solid enough performance last night, definite Trap favourite
27. McCarthy - Whelan and Andrews are regulars at teams playing better in the league, Gibson definitely ahead of him if fit, would need to show more in the league to book his seat
28. Duffy - Enough centre backs in the squad, especially with O'Shea able to play there, unlikely to make it barring injuries
29. McClean - Barring a big change in heart from Trap, or prolonged good form for Sunderland, or injuries to others, looks unlikely he will make it
30. Clark - Depending on injuries to others to make it

Tracey, Stokes, Wilson et al are dependent on injuries or catastrophic lack of form to make it. Leon Best obviously injured and unlikely to play enough before the summer to make it. And who knows what Hoolahan has to do?

Edited by SuperDave84 - 01 Mar 2012 at 10:24pm
Sponsored Links

trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:05pm
any chance of pounding green underneath that ladder!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

1. Given - Definite XI
2. Keane - Definite XI
3. Dunne - Definite XI
4. Duff - Definite XI
5. McGeady - Definite XI
6. Andrews - Definite XI
7. St Ledger - Definite XI
8. Doyle - Almost certain XI
9. Whelan - Almost certain XI
10. Ward - Probable XI
11. O'Shea - Probable XI, disappointing last night
12. Kelly - Probable XI, although a team without O'Shea anywhere would be unusual
13. Gibson - Could dislodge Whelan, although Trap may not trust that midfield as solid enough, definite for the squad, depends on his fitness form til the end of the season
14. Walters - Could dislodge Doyle in the starting XI, depends on Doyle's form as much as Walters
15. Hunt - Trap favourite and a first choice sub
16. O'Dea - Solid when called upon and a definite for the squad
17. Fahey - Squad certainty, playing well for Birmingham
18. Cox - Increasingly likely, especially after the goal vs the Czech Republic
19. Foley - Needs to get back in the Wolves team, as he could slip behind the likes of Coleman for right back
20. Coleman - Enough wingers in the squad, and he hasn't been playing enough this year, although versatility may say him on the plane
21. Long - Cox and Walters have staked their claims well, leaving aside league form, looking like most likely of the five to miss out, poor showing last night did him no favours
22. Westwood - Probably 2nd choice keeper, fitness permitting
23. Forde - Will probably make 3rd choice keeper
24. Murphy - Could make the squad but it is hard to say who will make it as no 3 keeper
25. Henderson - Ditto
26. Green - Will make the squad if Gibson not fit, could well have dislodged McCarthy from the squad after solid enough performance last night, definite Trap favourite
27. McCarthy - Whelan and Andrews are regulars at teams playing better in the league, Gibson definitely ahead of him if fit, would need to show more in the league to book his seat
28. Duffy - Enough centre backs in the squad, especially with O'Shea able to play there, unlikely to make it barring injuries
29. McClean - Barring a big change in heart from Trap, or prolonged good form for Sunderland, or injuries to others, looks unlikely he will make it
30. Clark - Depending on injuries to others to make it

Tracey, Stokes, Wilson et al are dependent on injuries or catastrophic lack of form to make it. Leon Best obviously injured and unlikely to play enough before the summer to make it. And who knows what Hoolahan has to do?

excellent summary superdave Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:18pm
I dont think Coleman will go, and yes I do think McClean will as McC and Seamie wont.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I dont think Coleman will go, and yes I do think McClean will as McC and Seamie wont.

Same here (injuries being the great unknown).  BTW Dave, Whelan should be a lot further up that list, given he has started in every competitive game (that he has been fit for) under Trap. Whether people agree with that or not, I reckon Trap sees him as probably our most important outfield player after Dunne and Keane. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Same here (injuries being the great unknown).  BTW Dave, Whelan should be a lot further up that list, given he has started in every competitive game (that he has been fit for) under Trap. Whether people agree with that or not, I reckon Trap sees him as probably our most important outfield player after Dunne and Keane. 

I dunno, he was taken off last night when Andrews wasn't. Might have been cos of the injury, but Andrews has been a lot more impressive this year. Both in green and for his club (even if a lot of that was in the Championship).
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:22am

Without a doubt , Whelan is a Trap type player and definitely one of his favorites. He was off the field for something like 6minutes , alot of managers would have kept him off but Trap saw different. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:26am
Ya, I would agree with ya alright re Andrews/Whelan, but I doubt the main man agrees with either of us. Whelan has actually had a good season for Stoke though, he has cemented a position in the first 11, to the point where he is one of the important lads rested for Cup/Euro games, an achievement in itself given he was meant to be moving in last years January transfer window. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:33am
Incidentally, the guardian did a piece this evening that has 22 of the 23 above in the probable squad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/01/giovanni-trapattoni-ireland-squad-euro-2012

The difference is Green for Coleman which is probably not unreasonable given last night. I got the impression Green thought he was playing for a place on the plane.

And I should add that this appeared on their website at 23:00, after I posted above.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:37am
Jaysus, these ladders have taken off in popularity....

Here's 3 of them from Miguel Delaney...........

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:40am
Miguel's choice 6 strikers Confused
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

miguelhasn'taclue.............LOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:46am

And 24 players
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:06am

miguelhasn'taclue.............LOL

LOL

The sheer number of these "potential squad" list's is gone beyond a joke at this stage , there is probably 2 places on the plane up for grabs maximum if everyone is fit and healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if Trap has the 23 picked already. 

trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:10am
green devil you think green is 1 of them?
Skipper View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:34am
I think John oshea is more definite than probable
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

I think John oshea is more definite than probable

Kelly - St Ledger - Dunne - Ward?? O'Shea didn't play in Moscow or Tallinn and he wasn't suspended for either. I don't recall him being injured, but I could be wrong. I think he might not play every game.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:38am
From today's Times

PAUL BUTTNER

RICHARD DUNNE has targeted Aston Villa’s visit to West Bromwich Albion on April 28th for his comeback, Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni said in Dublin yesterday.

The 32-year-old central defender is recovering from a fractured collarbone suffered against Manchester City in the middle of February.

While Dunne was always confident he would be back playing by the end of the Premier League season, yesterday’s news confirmed he is ahead of schedule in his recovery, easing any doubts of his availability for Euro 2012.

Should he indeed return against West Brom, Dunne would have two further games, at home to Tottenham and away to Norwich, to boost his match fitness ahead of teaming up with the Ireland squad before the send-off friendly with Bosnia on May 26th.

I was in touch with him and he said ‘Mister I am well. I am confident that I play maybe the last game in April for Aston Villa’,” said Trapattoni. “He answered me [on Monday]. Every two or three days I call him and ask him to answer immediately.”

The Ireland manager had a morale-boosting message for his Wolverhampton Wanderers contingent of Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward, Stephen Hunt and Kevin Foley, who are facing the prospect of relegation. Wolves are six points adrift at the foot of the Premier League table after five straight league defeats.

“They are last in the table, but we can give them enthusiasm,” said Trapattoni. “The last time they came with us they were a little bit disappointed, but we have the possibility [to lift them] because they must believe us and our system and mentality. It is another team and another situation.”

The good form of Sunderland winger James McClean continues to give Trapattoni something to contemplate as he finalises his 23-man squad for Poland.

“Yes, he scored and plays well,” said Trapattoni of McClean. “And also [James] McCarthy. I have 50 DVDs. Every day I look, Norwich, Wigan and Sunderland and they play well. He goes always now with confidence, McClean.”

Asked about the final make-up of his squad Trapattoni gave a broad hint that McClean, in particular, is playing his way into contention.

These names you said, McCarthy, McClean, that is important.

“It is not difficult,” added Trapattoni on having to disappoint some players. “I am sorry because it is my duty to choose. I am sure they deserve to come. Not only 23, at this moment 28 deserve to come. For me it will be disappointing and I am sorry, but it is my duty to choose this 23, that is our job.

“We have also one or two or three options. Sure, it’s a pity that I have to let one or two options out at this moment.”

Hello MisterLOL

Its probably a negative he mentions McClean in the same breath as McCarthy as I dont see McCarthy having a prayer. I still think McClean will get the nod ahead of Coleman but maybe he'll shock us all and bring both Mcs

EDIT: Funny he mentions watching NorwichLOL

Edited by Kerrzy - 04 Apr 2012 at 10:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic