You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EPL Manager of the year 11/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Who deserves it this season?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [10.34%]
24 [41.38%]
19 [32.76%]
2 [3.45%]
1 [1.72%]
6 [10.34%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:48pm
pardew, sold his "best" players in the summer, and even toon fans thought they'd go down. rodgers and lambert have both done equally good jobs this season, but pardew shades it as he was a surprising and unpopular appointment.........not anymore.

by the way, why do people say fergie ? great manager but has hardly shocked people this season by topping the league
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Sponsored Links

max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 7:50pm
Brendan Rogers is getting all the respect for the way Swansea play when Martinez set the foundations and actually created and implemented there playing style and got them Championship promotion has still done a greta job none the less but martinez gets no credit whatsoever.. its fergie for me though hes done it again end of 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

pardew, sold his "best" players in the summer, and even toon fans thought they'd go down. rodgers and lambert have both done equally good jobs this season, but pardew shades it as he was a surprising and unpopular appointment.........not anymore.

by the way, why do people say fergie ? great manager but has hardly shocked people this season by topping the league

because this is apparently the worst utd team for years and they have no midfield if you listen to some people

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:02pm
I went Pardrew.

If there was a chamionship poll I would have went Chris Hughton.

Birmingham should be fighting off relegation not challenging for a playoff spot.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:40pm
Between Pardew and Rodgers in my opinion. Rodgers just shades it for me given that it's Swansea's first season in the top flight and they play nice football. Newcastle have spent that bit more but the business they have done in the transfer market has been extraordinary
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:41pm

The award isn't called "Shock of the season"...it's about who has managed his club the best for the campaign...

How can anyone NOT say Ferguson...He has had to contend with an average of 10 injuries to his squad between September-January (that's not an exaggeration, that's fact; lost his main midfielder and capatian for the entire season)....and he has still managed his side to winning the title..

...Oh yeah; and not only winning it; but winning it in fine style.  They'll win it with a record-breaking points total for Manchester United (yep; this is not only Fergie's greatest ever top-flight season, but the club's greatest ever in their 130-years)...and could (if they only drop two points between now and the end of the season) win this title with the MOST AMOUNT OF LEAGUE POINTS EVER in English top-flight football!

You can't say Fergie shouldn't be the Manager Of The Year just because he has won it many times before...fact of the matter, who was the best manager in the Premier League this season?..answer is easy...it was Ferguson!  No doubt about it!  In fact, this is probably the best managed squad of all time in the Premier League...looks that way. It may well be THE record-breaking season!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:00pm
So who did you vote for SA?
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 11:36pm
Pardew for me. Still has a chance of making the top 4, playing some good football also.
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

King Kenny with 4 votes ffs Embarrassed

Give any manager outside the top 4 what he has had to spend and they'd have probably won the league cup to!!!

LOL
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:09am
Lord Kenneth of Dalglish, no question about it.

His astuteness in the transfer market in getting value for money signings, keeping his side from avoiding the drop, the brilliant way he handled the Suarez affair (especially the t-shirts idea), and his superb media skills which are there for everyone to see, all mean he is fully deserving of manager of the season.

Needs more money of course. so hopefully he'll get at least £200m from the owners this summer to spend in the same wise way as before.

5 more years please Kenneth, your majesty. Clap

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

So who did you vote for SA?

LOLClap
Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

His astuteness in the transfer market in getting value for money signings, keeping his side from avoiding the drop, the brilliant way he handled the Suarez affair (especially the t-shirts idea), and his superb media skills which are there for everyone to see, all mean he is fully deserving of manager of the season.

Needs more money of course. so hopefully he'll get at least £200m from the owners this summer to spend in the same wise way as before.

Could be worse,
You could end up following a team with zero ambition whose sole purpose is to avoid relation LOL.

Regardless of the money we spend we still have a decent young squad and a trophy to show for it Clap

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Could be worse,
You could end up following a team with zero ambition whose sole purpose is to avoid relation LOL.

Regardless of the money we spend we still have a decent young squad and a trophy to show for it Clap

Yep, like I said, 5 more years and another £150m to spend please. Clap

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:50pm
Everton the peoples club LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Everton the peoples club LOL

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 4:34pm
Fergie, to rebuild yet another team having been slaughtered for their CL exit is yet again testament to his peerless position in management history.    Plenty of teams come up and are one season wonders........if Swansea repeat or better it next season, I'd think about Rodgers but Fergie is a fookin genius.   I think this award is silly anyway.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 04 Apr 2012 at 4:34pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 5:10pm
Ferguson
Rogers
Pardew

Great season from all 3.  As FW says for Utd to win the league which it looks like they will with that team is unreal. 

Pardew has done a great job with the money he got from the sale of Carrolls.  Cabaye, Ben Afra, Cisse and Ba,  unreal work done in the transfer market. 

Rogers,  best coach of the year.  Unreal achievement to get a team made of players who have knocked around the divisions for a few years with a few up and coming talents to play ball the way they do without any fear.    If Redknapp goes to England, Spurs should appoint Rogers in my view.  His stye of football and management woudl suit the spurs squad.  Something that is often overlooked when managerial replacements are sought. 
AKA pedantic kunt
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

The award isn't called "Shock of the season"...it's about who has managed his club the best for the campaign...

How can anyone NOT say Ferguson...He has had to contend with an average of 10 injuries to his squad between September-January (that's not an exaggeration, that's fact; lost his main midfielder and capatian for the entire season)....and he has still managed his side to winning the title..

...Oh yeah; and not only winning it; but winning it in fine style.  They'll win it with a record-breaking points total for Manchester United (yep; this is not only Fergie's greatest ever top-flight season, but the club's greatest ever in their 130-years)...and could (if they only drop two points between now and the end of the season) win this title with the MOST AMOUNT OF LEAGUE POINTS EVER in English top-flight football!

You can't say Fergie shouldn't be the Manager Of The Year just because he has won it many times before...fact of the matter, who was the best manager in the Premier League this season?..answer is easy...it was Ferguson!  No doubt about it!  In fact, this is probably the best managed squad of all time in the Premier League...looks that way. It may well be THE record-breaking season!

err, yep think i can say it Wink
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic