8 [26.67%]
12 [40.00%]
1 [3.33%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premier League Champions 2011/12
    Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:36am

Arsenal I believe have no chance and will be fighting for a top 4 spot and I believe will finish 5th

Chelsea have also strenghtened and also a new manager which will give them a new voice. Torres will have to be firing on all cylinders if they have chance. There Midfield have aged and is not as strong as it once was. 3rd place is where I believe thay will finish.

Liverpool FC have signed a few Downing will be a good signing, Gerrard is injured for the start of the season and they need him fit to mount a seroius challange. The defence is questionable and they are lucky that they have Reina is goal. Suarez is a class act, Liverpool need to agree of a formation early on and settle on a strong spine of the team, 4th place for me.

Man City have signed a few players but have they enough quality to win the Premierleague. They now have four forwards that they can call upon. Man City certainly have the individuals to win the league and have a huge squad of players to pick from. I am not Mancini biggest fan and i believe that if Ferguson was in change of City then they would be certs for the league. They also have an open cheque book to call upon in January should they need reinforcements. There Mildfield is stronger that both Man Utd and Chelsea. In Defence Kompany has proved to be outstanding 2nd only to Vidic in the Premier League. I believe that the top 2 positions in the Premier League will be filled by both Manchester Clubs but with the Midfield Silva & Toure I believe may fire City to there 1st Premier League title but its a tough call.

Man Utd have made some great signings in Young and De Gea also strenghten the defence. They will start as favourites as rightly so. There defence is so solid, De Gea will be an able sub for Van Der Sar. The central midfield is where I believe they may fail in there quest for Title no. 20 Fletcher is a good player but they need a quality player maker beside him Carrick is simply not up to it, he is fine against the lesser teams but against the better teams he goes missing. A player like Wesley Sneijder could make the differance.

Spurs are lacking 4 or 5 players to make a serious challange

On current standing I think that Man City might rise to the challange and become league champions.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:40am
1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal.
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs

City will win the league in the next two to three years, it's inevitable with the money they have.
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:40am
Has to be spurs all the way, along as we get 2 new strikers Thumbs Up
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:43am
why is there so many choicesLOL
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:45am

I always predict Chelsea so i will stick with that.

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

City will win the league in the next two to three years, it's inevitable with the money they have.

They have to get rid of Mancini first. Ive seen 5+ games last year where they had absolutely no intention on winning whilst United and Chelsea try to win every game. Even on the 1st game of the season against Spurs they didnt even bother trying to win the game. 

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:46am
I had to give that many choises in order that I don't offend the Spurs fans
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:49am
Sorry about setting up the tread twice, my computer crashed as i was about to post, can the first one be deleted
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:02am
I have voted city but I am basing that on kun aguero hitting the ground running.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:42am
1. United
2. Chelsea
3. City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs

Honestly don't see what has changed an awful lot from last year. Landon is right - City need a stronger manager than Mancini to win this league. His style is suited perfectly for Serie A, but the Premiership is a different kettle of fish.

City have signed a lot of players again in the summer, and I expect them to challenge for the title as part of a three horse race with Chelsea and United. Below that I can see Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs battling it out. I think Spurs might dip a bit this season, but it's tough to separate Arsenal and Liverpool. Arsenal will just edge it for me though due to Wenger's record.

As for winners, absolutely has to be United. Anything else would be a major shock if you ask me. They've gone out - and relatively speaking - spent big this summer and their ambitions appear to lie higher than just winning the league again. They're out to try and topple Barca at this point, and I can see them being too strong on a consistent basis for the rest of the league to handle.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 8:43am
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

Has to be spurs all the way, along as we get 2 new strikers Thumbs Up
You are by far the most optimistic person EVER!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 8:54am
Chelsea will be six points clear of United and City in November....City and United will close that gap with a great run of consistency to the point that United are one point ahead of City and three points ahead of Chelsea on New years Day...City will be neck and neck with United until March, when the pressure of the possibility of winning the league gets way, way, way too much for them.  United will race towards the title, six points clear of Chelsea in the end and nine points clear of falling-apart Man City with Arsenal and Liverpool off the pace by about 15-20 points from January onwards.

1st MAN UTD               86pts
2nd CHELSEA              80pts
3rd MAN CITY             77pts
4th LIVERPOOL          68pts

We all know that's exactly what's gonna happen!
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Chelsea will be six points clear of United and City in November....City and United will close that gap with a great run of consistency to the point that United are one point ahead of City and three points ahead of Chelsea on New years Day...City will be neck and neck with United until March, when the pressure of the possibility of winning the league gets way, way, way too much for them.  United will race towards the title, six points clear of Chelsea in the end and nine points clear of falling-apart Man City with Arsenal and Liverpool off the pace by about 15-20 points from January onwards.

1st MAN UTD               86pts
2nd CHELSEA              80pts
3rd MAN CITY             77pts
4th LIVERPOOL          68pts

well thats that then

Siralex has spoilt it for everyone

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
City pose the biggest threat to Utd I think. Just can't see how Utd won't be as good as last season. Their home form was unreal and I don't see it changing and it should be good enough to retain the league. Young is a great signing too and Hernandez and Rooney can floorish from the start.
Would agree with Siralex and they will probably get more points than they did last year which will be good enough for the league.
Think City will finish second. As pointed out, they are happy to take draws in some games away from home plus I can't see them or anyone picking up as much points as Utd did at home.
Chelsea will always be there but don't think they have brought in any players who can really bring them closer to Utd than they were last season. Think with their ageing team, City also have their number.
I wouldn't right Arsenal off. They still have some fine talent and in Van Persie, they probably have the most prolific striker in the league. If he can stay fit then it should be good enough to get them fourth.
Liverpool have improved. But I think there are still too many weakeness in the team, particulary at the back. Carragher is past it but won't be dropped. I would prefer two new centre halfs (like Cahill and Dann for example) and I would be a lot more confident of challenging for the CL. But we will only buy one at best and he'll partner Carragher so the problem will only improve but not be gone. Hopefully the Carroll/Suarez partnership can florish then we would have a chance of finishing fourth. But realistically I am thinking 5th.
Spurs, if they can hang onto Modric and get in another striker or two will also challenge for 4th place. But overall I think it's really between them and Liverpool for 5th and 6th
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
MAN UTD              
CHELSEA              
MAN CITY          
LIVERPOOL        

Cant see anyone but Utd win it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Only a fool would bet against United winning it again, but I think both Manchester clubs will be fighting it out for the title come next April. Citeh's time is coming and soon.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:43am

United showed last year how important your home form can be, they were average away from home but the near perfect home record won them the league.

I cant really see any of the chasing pack being as formidable at home as United should be again

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Aug 2011 at 9:43am
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:47am
United have the strongest squad in the league without question- whether they add another player or not they will be the team to beat in england and should go close again in europe
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm
TR Andy often talks a lot of sense.  Doesn't get carried away.

On a sidenote, baffled that 6 people think Man City can win the league.

City won't win it.

City will only have a chance of winning the title following a seaosn after they close.

The mentality around March-May is vital to winning the title, and players really need to get experience in this area.  Just being a better football team means f**k all in April!

When City go through the experience of losing a title run-in or two and go close, only then can they be considered possibilities to win it.

Mentality is EVERYTHING in the closing months and City aren't there yet!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic