You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Premier League 17-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 29>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Incredibly uncompetitive PL this year and possibly as uncompetitive as it will ever be.

With a month to go, we know:

The champions (and have known for at least a couple of months)

Who will come 2nd,3rd and 4th, just not the order (and have known for weeks)

Who will come 5th (as above)

These things are already known before the season began man LOL

The divide between the top 5/6 and the rest is so huge you know who they are already it's a case of what order it will be in.
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Incredibly uncompetitive PL this year and possibly as uncompetitive as it will ever be.

With a month to go, we know:

The champions (and have known for at least a couple of months)

Who will come 2nd,3rd and 4th, just not the order (and have known for weeks)

Who will come 5th (as above)

These things are already known before the season began man LOL

The divide between the top 5/6 and the rest is so huge you know who they are already it's a case of what order it will be in.

How soon you've forgotten Leicester.In the championship in 2013/14 to winning the PL in 2015/16. We just need more of that kind of thing next season. Smile
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

IT's being announced Friday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
Left back is probably the one position in which you don't have an obvious pick. If Robertson had been a regular from the start, he'd probably be picked.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its done and dusted
If we don't beat Leicester then yes...Still give us a 10% chance of staying up!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Its done and dusted
If we don't beat Leicester then yes...Still give us a 10% chance of staying up!

Looking at the remaining fixtures, Southampton have two fixtures you say they could win Swansea and perhaps Leicester/Everton.

again looking at remaining fixtures Huddersfield have a terrible run in Chelsea, Everton,Man City, Arsenal. They really need to win one of those or they could be in serious trouble if they don't and Southampton and Stoke pick up points in the remaining 4 games.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 18 Apr 2018 at 10:38am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Left back is probably the one position in which you don't have an obvious pick. If Robertson had been a regular from the start, he'd probably be picked.

They should have crowbarred Sané in there instead of Alonso. Sure he played wing back for City at some point this season anyway!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They should have crowbarred Sané in there instead of Alonso. Sure he played wing back for City at some point this season anyway!
I'd have put him ahead of Aguero
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'd have put him ahead of Aguero

He should have been in ahead of Aguero alright, sympathy pick after missing out the past few years.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
I wouldn't have Eriksen in the team. I thought his form in the majority of the first half of the season was below par tbh (apart from at the Aviva annoyingly!)

I probably wouldn't have Aguero in there either and think it is a bit of a sympathy vote, despite him having a good season overall. He's had a few spells out through injury though and wasn't always first choice.
I think Sterling and Sane should be on the team.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:36pm
For the last 2 months Eriksen has been excellent but was below that level of performance for the majority of the season prior to then.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:10pm
I'd have Mane ahead of Sterling.

Not sure about Otamendi either.

The rest seem fine.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm
Sterling isn't on the team

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm

Sterling isn't on the team
Good LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm

I wouldn't have Eriksen in the team. I thought his form in the majority of the first half of the season was below par tbh (apart from at the Aviva annoyingly!)

I probably wouldn't have Aguero in there either and think it is a bit of a sympathy vote, despite him having a good season overall. He's had a few spells out through injury though and wasn't always first choice.
I think Sterling and Sane should be on the team.

Argument for Firmino to be in there tu.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Argument for Firmino to be in there tu.

Good shout. Has an outrageously good work ethic and really links the play together so well for Liverpool. Added more goals to his game this season too. I'd nearly have him there ahead of Kane and Aguero alright, who give very little outside their admittedly excellent strike rates.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:42pm
Firmino has been brilliant, but the striker positions usually go to those who have most goals. Lukaku made the team last year.
Spurs having 3 players in the team compared to Liverpool's 1 seems a bit wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 29>
  Share Topic