Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Premier League 17-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Premier League 17-18
    Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:45am
2 days til it kicks off, with Arsenal v Leicester on Friday night.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I am getting sick of hearing pundits talk as if Chelsea are in a crisis. They'll still be very strong.
I'm sure they're going to get at least 2 new players in as well to take their spending over the £200m mark

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Aug 2017 at 10:46am
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:46am
In the absence of games you have a vacuum that filled by people talking a lot of nonsense.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:24am
Yep, If I hear a pundit say Newcastle are going to struggle one more time

Edited by lassassinblanc - 09 Aug 2017 at 11:24am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

And lets hear it , one more time Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:00pm

How are they not though?
They've made 1 good signing in a team where they need about 9 replacements Dead

The 3 teams who went up this season are absolutely awful. Huddersfield have spent but they're still miles behind.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

How are they not though?
They've made 1 good signing in a team where they need about 9 replacements Dead

The 3 teams who went up this season are absolutely awful. Huddersfield have spent but they're still miles behind.

I didn't disagree, Majority of the time they state the bloody obvious is what I meant
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:15pm
I think Brighton Huddersfield and Swansea will go down this season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:35pm
Tammy Abraham might keep Swansea's head above the water if they can create the chances for him
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Tammy Abraham might keep Swansea's head above the water if they can create the chances for him

Who's gonna do that if they sell Gylfi then?

Swansea don't replace, I'm still waiting for them to replace Bony and Williams which is why they're in this position in the first place!

Same can be said for Burnley, they've made these cute small signings but they've just lost Andre Gray which puts them in that relegation mini-league as it stands
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:53pm
Theres two "if"'s in there.

A wonderfully powerful word
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 6:02pm
edit : wrong thread

Edited by TonyNotJack - 09 Aug 2017 at 9:14pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm
Great that it's starting on a Friday...

I think Chelsea are the team to beat. Still can't believe they sold Matic to Man U.
I can see him being Man U player of the season.

I think Swansea will go down this season.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:42pm
Gylfi not playing for Swansea this weekend, I think we all know what happens from here.

It's a shame really, Swansea entered the league with an identity, a brand of football easy to watch on the eye and they've cashed in on all of their prized assets and replaced them with cheap. Sold themselves out in the end and I see it being the season they go down, and TJ gets his wish of Paul Clement being sacked, although none of his fault, but the Manager always goes first regardless who sanctions the transfers.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:45pm
Two men that Brendan Rodgers bought a few years ago are set to leave for a total of £150m+ - Coutinho and Sigurdsson

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Two men that Brendan Rodgers bought a few years ago are set to leave for a total of £150m+ - Coutinho and Sigurdsson

Countinho going nowhere !
And I think he was a transfer committee buy anyways.

With regards to Swansea, it seems the likes of themselves and Stoke really has stood still over the summer. I do agree this might be the year that they go down. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:08pm
Great opening game. Leicester playing like the season before last, Arsenal playing like most seasons and not giving a single f**k when defending.
Kolasinac looks a good signing going forward, Lacazette looks decent too
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Great opening game. Leicester playing like the season before last, Arsenal playing like most seasons and not giving a single f**k when defending.

sh*te opening game. The standard is terrible and the EPL bubble is going to burst one of these days. Anyway I've no interest in it but will comment on it every day for the rest of the season on ybig.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

sh*te opening game. The standard is terrible and the EPL bubble is going to burst one of these days. Anyway I've no interest in it but will comment on it every day for the rest of the season on ybig.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic