You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 22/23 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Fulham 1 0 up against Liverpool at half time trademark Mitrovic headed finish.  
classic mitrovic .. slowed down his run as the ball went wide , drifted off to the left so he’d be on Trent’s side and giving himself space / run on Trent’s shoulder. Cross was perfect for Mitrovics movement.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:32pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2022/aug/09/david-squires-on-the-opening-weekend-of-the-premier-league-season?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other 

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2022/aug/09/david-squires-on-the-opening-weekend-of-the-premier-league-season?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other 

Thumbs Up

I’m not sure if I preferred the Liz Truss thing or the Mitrovic one.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 7:55pm
Hard to believe our league is 30 years old!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 7:58pm
“Bruce…yes!”
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

“Bruce…yes!”
Ah the good old days of brand building. We play till UTD get a winner!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:05pm
Nunez looked horrible even before his red card! Certainly doesn’t look a natural finisher.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nunez looked horrible even before his red card! Certainly doesn’t look a natural finisher.

Has a heavy touch on him 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:46pm
Bad start to season. The midfield looks very bare. Milner you love him but he is not at the required level at his point. 
Elliot a trier but not really going to reach the level of majority of City's midfielders. 
Nunez I think will come good but at the moment not up to the Mane level.

Think this will be a bit of a transition year for Liverpool in terms of not being at the level for a title push 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bad start to season. The midfield looks very bare. Milner you love him but he is not at the required level at his point. 
Elliot a trier but not really going to reach the level of majority of City's midfielders. 
Nunez I think will come good but at the moment not up to the Mane level.

Think this will be a bit of a transition year for Liverpool in terms of not being at the level for a title push 
Thought Elliott was superb tonight, particularly in the first half. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:46am
As said, he is a trier. He will be a good level player. But not sure if he is going to reach the highest heights. When you are competing against City and the quality in depth they have, you do start to see even more there is a big gap in quality certain areas, especially midfield.
Still early days and Thiago to come back. Carvalho as well could end up being important, not far off getting a lovely goal near the end
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:10am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

“Bruce…yes!”
Ah the good old days of brand building. We play till UTD get a winner!

Aguerooooooooooo, was the logical conclusion.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 6:10pm

David Squires on … Antonio Conte, Thomas Tuchel and Ha Ha Land Our cartoonist on all the commotion around the big news marking the sacred 30th anniversary of the Premier League Like what we do?...

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 7:52pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11661/12675893/morgan-gibbs-white-nottingham-forest-agree-44-5m-deal-for-wolves-midfielder

Im truely flabbergasted at this. I had to look it up as i couldn't believe it when i see it in Sky Sports. HOLY FCUK. i mean im speechless. How in any world could a club pay that for a player of his quality. I mean 5 million is probably more his worth. How are these clubs so fooking stupid in payjng so much for English players. I still cannot believe this one..
I love beer gardens
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11661/12675893/morgan-gibbs-white-nottingham-forest-agree-44-5m-deal-for-wolves-midfielder

Im truely flabbergasted at this. I had to look it up as i couldn't believe it when i see it in Sky Sports. HOLY FCUK. i mean im speechless. How in any world could a club pay that for a player of his quality. I mean 5 million is probably more his worth. How are these clubs so fooking stupid in payjng so much for English players. I still cannot believe this one..

I remember in the 90s when valuations were set in stone.

7 million would get you a top striker.

5 million for someone decent.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:05am
I remember in the early 80s when a fizzy pop was 6p and a pack of cheese and onion was 3p

It would damage this forums' reputation
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 1:03pm
Ah ya buy up to 45 million for Gibbs White? Who? Exactly. This has to be one of the most bizarre transfers in recent times.
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 5:15pm
You just know Kyle Walker is City’s weak link.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic