You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 191>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:58pm
Have alot of time for David Wagner, very outspoken easy to hate personality but very passionate.

Just took a team who finished 19th last season to the Premiership. He'll be around in English football for a long time I imagine.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:58pm
Was hoping Reading would do it but fair play to Huddersfield.

When was the last time they were on the old first division?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:11pm

They were in Division 4 by 1975.

That leaves only one team who have ever been champions of the top flight in England who have not played the Premier League. Huddersfield were the second last.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 29 May 2017 at 6:14pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:15pm
Preston ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Yeah, it would be Preston. I reckon Grayson might change that stat though.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Very quick. Very good.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:09pm
Wagner at the end. "I wish Ian Holloway all the best for next season" LOLLOL

If you don't get it - This was Holloway's Sky Sports predictions. 

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:29pm
Huddersfield the first team to finish the season with a negative goal difference and still get promoted.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:51pm
It's good for Liam Kelly in the long run that he plays in championship next season.
Hopefully he makes the starting position his own
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That was a brilliant penalty by Kelly! The better team, just, win out. Penalties gave us some drama at least, the game itself was tedious.
It was a quality peno from Kelly.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:13pm
Stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago in Spain as Huddersfield. They are now my 4th PL team
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Huddersfield the first team to finish the season with a negative goal difference and still get promoted.

Didn't score a goal in the play offs either. Goal against Wednesday in the semi was an og.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Stayed in the same hotel 2 years ago in Spain as Huddersfield. They are now my 4th PL team

Dundalk Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:04pm
Some absolute stinkers in the Premiership fixtures calender with plenty dross clubs......I hope Sky don't ever try to sell Huddersfiled/Watford ...Brighton/Burnley as a 'Super Sunday'
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Brentford to go down (finished 10th) and QPR to finish 11th (scraped in 18th, two points ahead of relegation)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

DundalkĀ Clap
was definitely in Spain!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Brentford to go down (finished 10th) and QPR to finish 11th (scraped in 18th, two points ahead of relegation)

First and second right though.....

"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee."

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:43am
Awful game yesterday - Think the EFL might need to look at this again as teams are just afraid to lose and that doesn't lend itself to going out to try and win the game.
Bloody wrecked today - Reading players were back in my local last night for a few beers. Was after 2am when I got to bed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 191>
  Share Topic