You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Rugby Supporters Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England Rugby Supporters Thread
    Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:27am
Good win (Fred) today for the boys in the RBS Six Nations opener. The Calcutta Cup is back where it belongs - the Twickenham trophy room. 

This nicely sets up a massive clash at Lord Lansdowne Park next week. While the Irish are to be respected  (we're far too smart and gentlemanly not to respect an opponent), their innate fecklessness will out and we will win. 

Chris Ashton's class, Manu Tuilagi's flair, Owen Farrell's tactical acumen and Chris Robshaw's leadership will prove too much. These guys are all British Loins test material. 

Stuart Lancaster's coaching has been a revelation. It was little over a year ago that people said English rugby was dead. Now these people are eating their words. I hope your association footballers don't plough up the pitch too much for our twinkle-toed runners on Wednesday. Come Sunday, you'll know you were second best. 

We will win, and win well. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 5:06am
One of the oddest looking trophies out there, it has to be said. Not quite as ridiculous as the Cricket Ashes, or the minature egg chasing trophy for the 10 nation world cup, but right up there with them all the same.

File:Calcutta Cup, Twickenham, July 07.jpg
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:15am
Back to the top for you, Mister. 

Who wants to ride in this chariot?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:35am
That trophy looks like a urn.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:43am
is it only England that make up sh*te trophy's  to win ? 
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ireland and England play for the Millenium Trophy. I think it was us that made it up that time, for the 1988 Millenium (the original and best Millenium, f**k that Y2K sh*t)

Australia and New Zealand play for the Bledisloe Cup.

This thread Thumbs Down
Sir Clive 2 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Clive 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 11:47am
I really enjoy coming over to Ireland.  I gotta say its one of my favourite parts of the UK. So much beautiful scenery and I usually stay with my pal Donal Lenihan #real nice guy.   We normally go to the Waterloo bar for a few pre game pints then after the game we have a dinner party back in Donal's.  #good laugh.

Anyways boys lets have a good game or rugby today and may the best team win.
#England legends number 1.

P.S. Guys I just thought I would let you know that I work these days doing after dinner speeches on how to be a world class performer in business and in sport.  I ran a very successful company before taking the England job and we strove to be a world leader in our field. #winner on and off the field
for more info please contact:  sir.clivewinner@gmail.com

Edited by Sir Clive 2 - 10 Feb 2013 at 11:51am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
Nothing worse than an unfunny wum.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Ireland and England play for the Millenium Trophy. I think it was us that made it up that time, for the 1988 Millenium (the original and best Millenium, f**k that Y2K sh*t)

Australia and New Zealand play for the Bledisloe Cup.

This thread Thumbs Down

LOLLOL
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:21pm
Worst thread ever
Chips don't bounce
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Nothing worse than an unfunny wum.

+1

To think grown men actually start up fake profiles and go to all that effort to be unfunny, ffs Confused
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:11pm
The Calcutta Cup is the oldest trophy in rugby football. People would be well advised to show it some respect. 

This game is going to plan for us, with only the appalling conditions keeping the Irish in it so far. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm
Tremendous bravery from Courtney Lawes. Loin-hearted. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:44pm
England's defence has been heroic. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm
12-6 didn't reflect our dominance at all there. The Grand Slam should now be a formality. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:12pm
Very disappointed for the boys after this evening's "Le Crunch". We got off to a bad start but that trademark English resilience kicked in.

Nevertheless, despite the performance, it counts for absolutely nothing. We don't do moral victories, unlike some other "nations". 

But there's a championship still there to be won. 
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:17pm
They were real Loins today Sidney Thumbs Up
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Northerner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northerner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Very disappointed for the boys after this evening's "Le Crunch". We got off to a bad start but that trademark English resilience kicked in.

Nevertheless, despite the performance, it counts for absolutely nothing. We don't do moral victories, unlike some other "nations". 

But there's a championship still there to be won. 

Yeah, Italy and Scotland get them moral victories a lot. Form is temporary, class is permanent. The French always have that ability to hit you when you least expect it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic