Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEngland Friendly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 5:39pm
Ah but Donal, these fellows i mention had no interest at all in the game, yet wearing ireland tops,  well drunk barging thru everybody..these kind of lads are becoming more frequent on away trips and some day they are gonna cause a riot somewhere amd tarnish the good name of ireland supporters
Sponsored Links

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

Ah but Donal, these fellows i mention had no interest at all in the game, yet wearing ireland tops,  well drunk barging thru everybody..these kind of lads are becoming more frequent on away trips and some day they are gonna cause a riot somewhere amd tarnish the good name of ireland supporters

Oh dear, tirchonaill, and I thought we had gotton rid of them. I remember a "hard core" of supporters in the LOI who had no interest in the game only causing trouble. I remember one particularly nasty bloke who used to turn up at Bohs v Derry games (when they attracted a big crowd) and had no interest in the game or either team. He was there to cuase trouble and was part of this Youth Defence sh1t. I seem to remember once he was set upon by some Derry fans and we never saw him again.
And now they are turning up at Ireland away games? Probably more of those "Bohs fans" who started trouble in Norn Iron. I think it is time to rescue our game from these people and not go down the road of the English fans.Angry
There are friendlier places to drink.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 2:20am
I was talking to an Italian friend at the weekend and I asked him where our game might be played against them and he reckons Sicily. He says Catania could be the venue because the FIGC have no need for earning extra money (World Champions and all that). If it is Catania it will cut back on the skanger element who just want to go see San Siro.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 3:15am

Thats exactly it, these pricks have no interest in the game or in following Ireland, it just seems to be an excuse for them to go on a sesh and cause hassle. Look at the fools who were at the San Marino game - throwing something at our own players and then physically fought amongst themselvesAngry Really shameful. Its just pure ignorance.

As for them not travelliing on this double header, I'm not so sure. Money doesnt seem to be an issue for them and now Trappa's on board and the Rugby is not doing so great Sleepy they might be inclined to jump on the soccer band wagonAngry
First Commander-Galway Regatta
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 3:27am
Definetly cannot see them being in georgia as you well know, very limited flights going into Tbilisi...Montenegro though, maybe, as this can be done part of a package holiday and seems handy enough to get to after all...thats if another mini war does not break out down there in the meantime after Kosovo going independant yesterday(russia, serbia not happyAngry, usa happyBig%20smile )
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 3:31am

Dont think they will even be bothered about the game Rolling%20Eyes
In stuttgart, I had 2 spare tickets when i asked this irish fellow had he tickets, he said no, he wouldnt even buy them off me at face value..
His exact words were "fook the game, am ere for the crack" Evil%20or%20Very%20Mad Evil%20or%20Very%20Mad

Tirchonaill, I had a spare for the Stuttgart game too, didn't get rid of it in the end cos the amount of idiots not willing to even pay face value for it, even though I paid 400euros for 4 tickets off a young german donald trump on ebay.

No offense to the sound Dubs on this forum but going to Ireland home and away games lately is like going to a Dublin game in Croke Park in the summer. A large element of Dub fans all think they're a fooking cross between Pat Spillane and Tommy Tiernan. Comedian experts, or expert comedians.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 3:42am

LOLgot a few of ours of german ebay as well..got mine sold eventually though to 2 germans we were drinking with who wanted to sit with the irish fans because they thought it would be better crack( imagine them doing that playing the english)..they did not even bother trying to sell their own tickets..

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 4:44am
Still laugh at this photo when I look at it, should be a YBIG photo - Irish lads singing away in the square where English fans ran riot a few months previously. Old German guy in the middle of it, loving it. The Fook England scarf and the huge glasses of beer...ah, great days!

96 days to the Serbia game and 201 to the first qualifier...looking forward to it already!
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 4:49am
seaniemac, class photo, i think i recognise the fella holding the fcuk england scarf Clap
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 4:57am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Still laugh at this photo when I look at it, should be a YBIG photo - Irish lads singing away in the square where English fans ran riot a few months previously. Old German guy in the middle of it, loving it. The Fook England scarf and the huge glasses of beer...ah, great days!

96 days to the Serbia game and 201 to the first qualifier...looking forward to it already!

Stuttgart was my favourite trip of that campaign (and a close second after the Faroe Islands over all) - the craic was briliant. Was so bizzare the amount of people we met and have stayed mates with, we adopted a little German girl on the train, met many many lovely men in uniformClapWink and bar one little fool everyone was great fun. I cant wait for these qualifiers to start. Clap 
First Commander-Galway Regatta
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 6:44am
I'd love it. We are trying to arrange a friendly for the Wednesday following the Serbia match. Croker is unavailable so we'd have to play away or in the UK. We've played Wales and Scotland recently. Why not get a game with England? But i don't think it will happen with English players finishing off a long hard season and no Euro's to go to they are probably looking forward to a rest
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 6:49am
Would say we'd be a home friendly for one of the teams building up to Euro2008. What about Spain or Portugal away?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 7:02am

Would say we'd be a home friendly for one of the teams building up to Euro2008. What about Spain or Portugal away?

Could be an option alright. Would be a good test away from home with Italy to come in 2009. We could also go for someone like Poland. We've played them away recently, they are close enough to the style Bulgaria will play and they will be looking for games before the Euro's against medium opposition.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 7:27am
Plus some of the old FAI heads could meet up with some old friends....if all though rumours years ago were true!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 7:47am

Plus some of the old FAI heads could meet up with some old friends....if all though rumours years ago were true!

ha ha dirty buggersLOL
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:24am
Yeah, there had to be a reason we played Poland so many timesWink.
However, I can see Trappa getting on the FAI's case to arrange games against opposition he believes play in a similar style to our opponents. England is not an option but I could see Spain, Russia, and Greece being fitted into the schudule.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:27am
Me thinks Greece would be a good one indeed.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:35am
romania would probably fit the bill, looking for similiar teams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic