You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 67>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

absolutely ridiculous, could have a very negative effect on our World Cup seeding. Plus, no need whatsoever for a friendly during a pandemic.  

Because of rankings we still have to play a match that day, we can't just sit it out.
But out of all teams, especially when we're trying to pick up ranking points.

Fair enough didn’t realise that cheers! Why England tho, they will destroy us. I would have took Oman ffs! 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:13pm
Rice and Grealish in a heap with only 5 minutes gone. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This could end up 4 or 5-0 too.  It's now much more important than the Wales game.  Rice and Grealish on the teamsheet to round off a great 2020.

One of them two are almost a cert to score, you just know it 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 21 Oct 2020 at 12:15pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:15pm
I can fully understand why but disagree with what some of what's being said here. Going to all the way to Sarajevo for a friendly in the current climate would have been madness given our two games are in Dublin and Cardiff would have been needless travel.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Oct 2020 at 12:16pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

f**k sake.  We will get a hiding and drop into pot 3. 

Where we belong
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm
Typical Fai really looking for a quick bit of money for the friendly when they should be thinking long term, getting 2nd seeds and improving our chances of qualifying for World Cup.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I can fully understand why but disagree with what some of what's being said here. Going to all the way to Sarajevo for a friendly in the current climate would have been madness given our two games are in Dublin and Cardiff would have been needless travel.

Could we have just not played? Was that an option? What were Omam up to that week?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Could we have just not played? Was that an option? What were Omam up to that week?

Have to play as far as I know.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:22pm
There goes the proud 35 years unbeaten record
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:27pm
Right in the middle of poppyfest 2020 too
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm
what money is even available for a behind closed doors friendly? surely the TV money is the same whatever
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm

Ignoring the ranking points I'm looking forward to this. Nothing else to look forward to during lockdown.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Ignoring the ranking points I'm looking forward to this. Nothing else to look forward to during lockdown.

Clap

Would have felt very indifferent if we had to play Bosnia.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Oct 2020 at 12:30pm

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Will you be saying that after a 4-0 loss and the anti Kenny brigade out in force? Then we have pot 3 to look forward to in December.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:33pm
Get the feeling there's some on here who'd love us to get tanked. 

Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:35pm
great friendly. Happy to play Ireland.  What will be ur take if grealish scores though knowing southgate he won't even be in the squad. Doubt kane or rice or the likes of rashford will play 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

great friendly. Happy to play Ireland.  What will be ur take if grealish scores though knowing southgate he won't even be in the squad. Doubt kane or rice or the likes of rashford will play 
It would b g8 2 c, m8!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:38pm
yeah don’t get the pessimism you would swear England were Spain 2008 to 2012.   Most likely result is they win by one or a draw in my view.  

Looking forward to it but rankings are a concern I suppose but money probably overrides that concern.  Don’t fancy the Swiss in pot 2 or Germany if they drop into it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 67>
  Share Topic