Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley
    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:16pm
As predicted New Zealand have cancelled their friendly with England in November.

I know their was a gentleman's agreement between the losing playoff semi finalists but due to Covid travelling to Bosnia for a meaningless friendly that no team really wants to play.

Do people think we should step in to the void left by New Zealand to have an extra game for Kenny to work with the team.

I'll also point out that I do know that it probably wouldn't be a good game for World Rankings as we'd most likely lose.

Edited by nvidic - 21 Oct 2020 at 12:04pm
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

As predicted New Zealand have cancelled their friendly with England in November.

I know their was a gentleman's agreement between the losing playoff semi finalists but due to Covid travelling to Bosnia for a meaningless friendly that no team really wants to play.

Do people think we should step in to the void left by New Zealand to have an extra game for Kenny to work with the team.

I'll also point out that I do know that it probably wouldn't be a good game for World Rankings as we'd most likely lose.

Was just thinking that. Would suit SK. Cuts down on the travel as the Cardiff game is first
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:24pm
Playing friendlies right now is just irresponsible. The Nations League still going ahead is madness as it is.

Therefore,  I expect it announced tomorrow. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:29pm
I think the fallout from this international break for the weekend games will decide if England even try push for another game. 
The amount of players going to be out this weekend because of covid and travel impacts will be quite high and can see managers going ape sh*t
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the fallout from this international break for the weekend games will decide if England even try push for another game. 
The amount of players going to be out this weekend because of covid and travel impacts will be quite high and can see managers going ape sh*t

Clubs can't have the end of Internationals and still have European football. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Clubs can't have the end of Internationals and still have European football. 

True enough, they will argue they have their own bubble though and international football,people are coming in from all over. 

Even if international breaks are still going ahead, I can see the clubs putting a lot of pressure on their players not to travel. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:33pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm

Looks like it is being discussed 

Edit not sure why link isn't working

Edited by lassassinblanc - 14 Oct 2020 at 1:39pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm
Getting beat out the door by Grelish, Rice and the chaps is a fitting way to end 2020
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:06pm
0-0 get on it early.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Getting beat out the door by Grelish, Rice and the chaps is a fitting way to end 2020

Relish, rice and chops

Homer Simpson Drool GIFs | Tenor
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm
Glassman has just put 1000 pounds on an EIRE victory
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
This would be such a stupid idea on several levels. We would be battered, and also it would affect our coefficient. Wouldn't even be fans at it. Why would we agree to this?

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Relish, rice and chops

LOL
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm
Purely speculation, nothing in it yet. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm

Relish, rice and chops

LOL

LOL
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:45pm
Play it and break a few legs.  Keane, Grealish, Rice, Kane and Maddison.  Yes i'm narrow minded and bitter but what odds!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm

Relish, rice and chops

Never lets us down LOL
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm
I thought we were obliged to play Bosnia? has that been scrapped
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
  Share Topic