You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eiran Cashin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 6:22pm
in the last year of his contract so derby would do well to cash in on him while they can
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

John Percy reporting Derby have turned down bids from Brighton.

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1691852658569609575?t=aACaFP9vGZ5W1R245RursQ&s=19

I tell you one thing, he's destined for the top if Brighton are in for him!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 7:25pm
Surprising interest and bid.
Would Cashin have a hope of getting any game time at Brighton tho? Or would he be seen as a signing for the future?
Would defo like to see him get out of League One.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 7:42pm
Cashin's good on the ball and robost in the tackle, but he's both on the short side for a centre half and he's not the quickest. You can probably get away with one of them at the top level, but very hard to make it with both.
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Surprising interest and bid.
Would Cashin have a hope of getting any game time at Brighton tho? Or would he be seen as a signing for the future?
Would defo like to see him get out of League One.
Would be loaned out you'd imagine
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:13pm
Brighton still in discussions with Derby over Cashin as per the Telegraph
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:19pm
Is Cashin any good? Seen him a couple of times for the 21s and wasn’t impressed! Looked short for a defender too.

Would be some move if it happens.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 29 Aug 2023 at 6:19pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:23pm
Would have thought he was too old to sign as a development player - are they looking to sign him with a view to the first team? I suppose after Adam Webster's disaster against West Ham at the weekend they might be.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Would have thought he was too old to sign as a development player - are they looking to sign him with a view to the first team? I suppose after Adam Webster's disaster against West Ham at the weekend they might be.

I suspect he would be a squad option initially Brighton are light in that position and haven’t replaced Colwill yet. They have plenty games this year with Europa.

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Aug 2023 at 6:31pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:35pm
Thought he was excellent for the U21s and any time I've seen him for Derby, he's been commanding. Left footed and a good passer out of defence. I'm not surprised there's PL interest, he was the best CB in League One last year by a distance, no mean feat for a 21yo. I read Derby were looking to loan him back for the rest of the season, but I think Brighton may want him around their first team squad with European football on the horizon.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I suspect he would be a squad option initially Brighton are light in that position and haven’t replaced Colwill yet. They have plenty games this year with Europa.

They brought in a LCB in Brazilian Igor from Fiorentina. Though Igor can also fill in at LB/LWB his main position is CB.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:11pm
Brighton had a fee of £3.6m agreed with Derby but supposedly was too late in the day to get the move completed. As part of the deal Cashin would have been loaned back to Derby till January according to Charlie Parker Turner.
https://twitter.com/CParkerTurner/status/1697732634590298617

Tony Bloom though could pull a fast one come January and use Union SG to sign Cashin on a pre contract come January. Would get him for much cheaper.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Brighton had a fee of £3.6m agreed with Derby but supposedly was too late in the day to get the move completed. As part of the deal Cashin would have been loaned back to Derby till January according to Charlie Parker Turner.

Tony Bloom though could pull a fast one come January and use Union SG to sign Cashin on a pre contract come January. Would get him for much cheaper.
Can't go from Union to Brighton though that back door until January 2025. Part of UEFAs rules placed on clubs in Europe with the same owners
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/07/brighton-aston-villa-cleared-europe-uefa-multi-club-ties-toulouse

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Can't go from Union to Brighton though that back door until January 2025. Part of UEFAs rules placed on clubs in Europe with the same owners
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/07/brighton-aston-villa-cleared-europe-uefa-multi-club-ties-toulouse

A season in Belgium wouldn't be the worst thing for him, especially as they'll probably have European football. Though could use that option as a way of getting a cheaper deal done in January to buy him.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 4:43pm
Was a sub at the weekend. Warne was asked about it and said Cashin didn't join up with the squad until 2am Friday night. Move was that close he had remained in Derby waiting to do a medical.

Given how well Brighton are run I'm surprised they left this one too late when they've been chasing him all summer.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 10:54am

Was a sub at the weekend. Warne was asked about it and said Cashin didn't join up with the squad until 2am Friday night. Move was that close he had remained in Derby waiting to do a medical.

Given how well Brighton are run I'm surprised they left this one too late when they've been chasing him all summer.

Is it not half convenient for Brighton not paying the money now and just waiting for January/the summer. They can wrap it up for buttons in Jan compared to what they’d pay this summer. Especially with Derby suggesting ridiculous solutions like £4m and leave him their on loan for the year. 

This is on Derby tbh and shades of Obafemi at Swansea just ridiculous management now is their optimum time to get out. Thank him for his service and try maybe to swindle a sell on. 

What Cashin needs to do differently to Obafemi is keep his head down now and focus. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 1:59pm
Cashin's contract has been extended till 2025 after Derby activated a clause in his contract last week.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 4:29pm

Cashin's contract has been extended till 2025 after Derby activated a clause in his contract last week.

Why didn't they just Cash-in on him? 

I'll get me coat Embarrassed
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic