Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EFL Cup 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EFL Cup 17/18
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 1:49pm
Wonderful corporate chaos in Thailand for the draw for the EFL Cup, now known as the Carabao Cup for money. Nobody really seems to know what has happened but Charlton might be playing twice.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm
And it has the worst sponsor I've ever seen
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:03pm

What happened with Charlton?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What happened with Charlton?

It appears they were drawn out twice, then the stream crashed. They are now suggesting they were drawn out once and it was a technical fault. Nobody really knows. I am pretty sure my local boys are away in Brizzle though.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:15pm
MkDonalds at the vegans in the plastic club derby should be a thriller.Dead

Edited by pre Madonna - 16 Jun 2017 at 2:15pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:22pm
Nothing will top Rod Stewart's cameo when he made a right tit of himself LOL

Or the year before that when they had to re-do the entire draw LOL
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:54pm
Who wants to win the Carabao Cup? LOL

Never thought it was an energy drink
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:59pm
They gave out free Carabao on the way into the Reading Festival last year (Raising brand awareness given they sponsor Reading FC). That was still over-charging for it : it's muck. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:06pm
Now this is what you call a disaster of a draw.

It's made Rod Stewart's cameo for the Scottish Cup look good now.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:19pm
I actually don't get it. They've split the teams North to South.

Newport is in the North Pot
Burton Albion made it into the South pot.

This is completely f**ked LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Newport had to have an away draw, since their pitch is being relaid. Which means it made no real difference to them whether they were North or South. I guess their travelling fans might be a bit miffed, but they might always have got Leeds had it been a normal, non-regionalised draw anyhow.

And Burton is pretty central, so maybe they needed an even number of teams in the South or something?

But does seem strange.

Edited by Territorial - 10 Aug 2017 at 11:42pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Newport had to have an away draw, since their pitch is being relaid. Which means it made no real difference to them whether they were North or South. I guess their travelling fans might be a bit miffed, but they might always have got Leeds had it been a normal, non-regionalised draw anyhow.

And Burton is pretty central, so maybe they needed an even number of teams in the South or something?

But does seem strange.

EDIT: Just noticed this on the Newport website from earlier:

"Newport County AFC have this afternoon received permission from the EFL to reverse any potential home draw due to the resurfacing of the Rodney Parade pitch. A similar approach was granted for the first round draw when the Club were drawn at home to Southend United and the tie was reversed. In addition to ourselves permission has also been granted to West Ham United due to other events taking place at the Olympic Stadium, therefore to avoid any potential fixture clash with West Ham United it has been agreed that Newport County AFC will be placed in the Northern Region of the Carabao Cup"

Makes sense, I suppose and presumably also explains why Burton had to be in the Southern section (even number of teams North and South)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:37pm
The draw for the next round of this is going to happen at 4.15 am Irish/British time!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:24pm
Fair play to Forest and Wolves knocking out PL teams.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:41am
Draw's not being televised anywhere in the world but they're posting the graphics on their Twitter feed before the draw's being announced.

Not fixed at all, honestly.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:50am
City have had ten successive away draws in domestic cups, 9 of which were against premier league teams.
No draw against a team from leagues 1 or 2 in a domestic cup since 2011

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:31pm
Can't remember an English major domestic tournament as boring as this season's

Suspicious drawing in the last round
Still no good ties in the 4th round, an absolute snoozefest.

Man City should of been out tonight, Robson Kanu missing a 1 on 1 at 1-1, didn't even hit the shot on target it was the poor, I dare say Carabao will be the most relieved from that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:23pm
Some winning goal from Sane

Hopefully Gundogan is ok, seemed to be running the show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic