You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

E-Cigarettes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E-Cigarettes
    Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 5:11pm
I used to smoke years ago and quit. Since then, I go through phases of having a few when I drink. I stupidly started vaping when I was drinking earlier this year thinking it was better but the things are so addictive. Starting to reach for it now even when I'm not drinking and find that once it's near me, I'd be flat out on the thing.

Many others on here in the same boat? Time to go cold turkey I think Cry
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 5:51pm
Gave up the smokes on the 25th Feb 2001 never looked back Cool
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Gave up the smokes on the 25th Feb 2001 never looked back Cool
January 2nd 2013 Cool
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 7:48pm
The amount of kids using these is crazy. I see it everywhere. f**king morons. May as well start on nicotine patches. I can understand people using them for smoking cessation but people starting on these things, FFS.

I’d be fairly certain that these things are lethal. Only a matter of time I’d say.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:04pm
See people at work and everywhere going round sucking on them like lollipops. FFS just give them up for jaysssus sake. 
I love beer gardens
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:36pm
Get rid Gaz. Convinced they are worse for you than the cigs. Finally off both myself, thank fook.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The amount of kids using these is crazy. I see it everywhere. f**king morons. May as well start on nicotine patches. I can understand people using them for smoking cessation but people starting on these things, FFS.

I’d be fairly certain that these things are lethal. Only a matter of time I’d say.

The thing is, you put a cig out and then wait a while before starting the next one. Plus you usually have to go outside to smoke a fag   

Kids who have never smoked in their lives are on these constantly. I’ve seen them in stadiums, on buses, in pubs. Places you wouldn’t get away with a cigarette.

Are they as expensive as smoking?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:40pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

The thing is, you put a cig out and then wait a while before starting the next one. Plus you usually have to go outside to smoke a fag   

Kids who have never smoked in their lives are on these constantly. I’ve seen them in stadiums, on buses, in pubs. Places you wouldn’t get away with a cigarette.

No they aren't, not even close. I used to soend near €70 to €80 a week on smoke before I gave up. Swapped to the vape and max €12 a week
Chips don't bounce
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 9:49am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Get rid Gaz. Convinced they are worse for you than the cigs. Finally off both myself, thank fook.

Yeah I have a feeling you're right. Very sketchy research gone in to them and FDA review of them keeps being delayed and dragged out which is suspicious enough. Cold turkey time again Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 11:17am
All Vapors should be deported and dropped on Rockwall island. Such a pointless activity unless it's your first step to quitting smoking. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:01pm
I would tax them to the same amount of cigs , €15 on top of what they cost . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I'd also add it's more down to general lack of basic manners from the youth of today in regards to them using on buses etc. 

[someone insert man yells at cloud image] 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 2:52pm
You see the disposible ones littered everywhere. They really are a pox. Grand for lads giving up cigs but they are just getting young people hooked
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 4:00pm
started these to quit cigarettes and they are far more addictive. Brutal when driving at work. Always in your f**kin hand. Cold turkey job as well I think
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

You see the disposible ones littered everywhere. They really are a pox. Grand for lads giving up cigs but they are just getting young people hooked

Those stickers from the disposable ones as well! I was wondering what they were, seeing them everywhere. 

This kind of thing:

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

started these to quit cigarettes and they are far more addictive. Brutal when driving at work. Always in your f**kin hand. Cold turkey job as well I think

That's the problem - you'd never chain smoke the entire drive to work but very easy to be puffing away on the vape and not even realising it. Highly addictive - fare more than the normal smokes
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:08pm
Check out “Broken” on Netflix

Great doc on vapes on this show. Defo better than smoking, no doubt about that, the science is there to support that. Gave up myself on NYE last after around 25 years of smoking and couldn’t have done it without the vape, even if I only use it when I’m having a drink.

Edited by Max Power - 01 May 2023 at 3:08pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic