You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eamon Dunphy's use of incorrect information

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Still doesnt mask the point that Trap was on nearly 20 times what Bilic was on...............

Exactly
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:54pm
Did eamon not also describe alabas goal in the LR game as the first goal,the equaliszer and the winner as he got more irate?
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 2:05pm
I knew it sounded ridiculous that a manager of a major country like Spain who have won so much would be on 50000 a year. Dunphy would come out with anything when he is on a rant to suit his argument. He'll be kept on RTE panel as he is good entertainment.
Schillinger View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schillinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 2:29pm
Tv gold. What will we do when these cats retire CryCryCryCry
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 2:47pm
He also said Steven Reid was dropped and ignored by Trap after a row until Brady pointed out that he was injured and Dunphy ignored him LOL Think he meant Andy!
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:04pm
Dunphy is a joke. A drama queen whose sole purpose is to get the Ireland manager sacked.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:10pm
There was an issue with Reid when he was with Blackburn was it?,sure didnt Trap say he was "finished" on the back of the injury he got?,big sam came out and had a go at Trap over it and reid is still playing!,he was one of the first of many communication problems trap has had with players,you may have just forgotten about it.

I find it funny people having a go at Dunphy after last night,he simply said Del Boque when he meant Bilic,hardly a shooting offence!,he was still correct,a nation in our euro group with a "far superior" team had a manager who earn 20 times less than Trap. He may have muddled the details but the core point he made was correct and valid.

Bradys performance on the other hand was an absolute disgrace and has been for a long time now!,I cant believe theres a 2 pager on Dunphy and not a mention of Brady. Just goes to show how some people can just become a hate figure,bit like Roy Tongue both talk sh*te but what Brady was spouting out of him was borderline treason. What if MON or other potential was listening to him slating the squad,Brady holds a lot of weight in England and to think he was on the FAI's payroll not so long ago.
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:18pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:27pm

I guessing that Brady played a part in Trap getting the job to start with after all he is the link between Trap and Don Howe, Don Givens and Ray Houghton.

I'm guessing again that Brady briefed Trap on our players when trap took over and it may be that Bradys imput influenced Traps mindset when opting on the tactical approach to take.

Certainly, Brady was highly critical of the players last night. Then again Brady should know about average players after all he signed Martin Hayes,Stuart Slater, Tony Cascarino and a crippled Gary Gillespie.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Kerrplunk View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrplunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:29pm
Brady was harsh, suprisingly harsh on the players considering he worked with a good few of them not long ago but he was speaking sense.

Dunphy is and always has been a spoofer!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

There was an issue with Reid when he was with Blackburn was it?,sure didnt Trap say he was "finished" on the back of the injury he got?,big sam came out and had a go at Trap over it and reid is still playing!,he was one of the first of many communication problems trap has had with players,you may have just forgotten about it.

I find it funny people having a go at Dunphy after last night,he simply said Del Boque when he meant Bilic,hardly a shooting offence!,he was still correct,a nation in our euro group with a "far superior" team had a manager who earn 20 times less than Trap. He may have muddled the details but the core point he made was correct and valid.

Bradys performance on the other hand was an absolute disgrace and has been for a long time now!,I cant believe theres a 2 pager on Dunphy and not a mention of Brady. Just goes to show how some people can just become a hate figure,bit like Roy Tongue both talk sh*te but what Brady was spouting out of him was borderline treason. What if MON or other potential was listening to him slating the squad,Brady holds a lot of weight in England and to think he was on the FAI's payroll not so long ago.

Treason ffs Dunphy is only concerned about no1. How people listen to him and the utter tripe he spouts is beyond me.
Tell me exactly what was so wrong and so treacherous? Lads we are better than what Trap made out but were certainly not the world beaters that idiot Dunphy makes out. You'd swear Hoolahan was Messi the way he goes in.
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 4:18pm

9fingers : That was Bradys argument against Dunphy,its simply not what he was saying. Yes Dunphy is a bluffer no doubt but I have to say last night he was spot on for taking Brady on. He simply said it is not out of this world to think or believe we can beat teams like Sweden and Austria,they are average teams who we could have beaten. He is in no way saying Hoolahan is Messi,should Hoolahan have gotten game time?

Brady was putting words in Dunphys mouth,he was an absolute disgrace. I cant believe im defending Dunphy LOL

Edited by greengiant - 11 Sep 2013 at 4:19pm
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 4:50pm
its a disgrace that our tv license money pays their wages, but people think its entertaining instead of actually analysing the game

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

but people think its entertaining instead of actually analysing the game

I do analyse and understand the game.
Thats how I know they are entertainment.

Its the gobsh*tes who believe them and Sly Sports are the ones you should worry about.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 8:11pm
a auld c*nt at work today was spouting sh*t about  that Del Bosque(she called him some spainish lad) was only on 50K and we were paying Trap 1.2 million.I pulled her up on it and she said Eamonn Dunphy said it last night and why would lie about it.
Felt like drop kicking her on the door.
Some ****s believe the sh*t he spouts but I think the majority realise he is a bluffer and full of sh*te .

Did he also say the Germany game was in decline ?
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 8:24pm
Dunphy is pantomime, which is fair enough, but the worst thing about him and Rte is their belief that they are superior to all the other pundits in the game. They lambast Trap for not doing his homework, yet they swan into the studio without any research done themselves, for a job that the Irish taxpayer pays for. Then he has the cheek to say that trap is doing us a disservice, take a look in the mirror Eamonn

Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by James1977 James1977 wrote:

In the RTE post-match analysis, Eamon Dunphy used completely inaccurate information to criticise Trapattoni's salary and shoot down Liam Brady's viewpoint.

His assertion was that Vicente Del Bosque earned €50k per annum to manage the European and World Champions.

Eamon was trying to compare Del Bosque's "pittance" with Trapattoni's fortune.  In the end, it was revealed that Del Bosques's salary was actually 30 times greater at €1.5m.

While Trap's salary is indeed generous, surely it is unacceptable to throw about false information on national television?  While he admitted the inaccuracy, the mud sticks! 

Can't we have a discussion on the national airwaves based on facts.... and not Chinese whispers and hearsay. 

"Aw, you can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that."

who cares?..as soon as the programme resumed, he corrected -
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
I came to the conclusion long ago that Dunphy doesn't actually watch a lot of football and the only time he has seen Alaba play is when he is covering a Bayern champions League match.

I also recall his repeated out bursts at how "useless" Ronaldo was and I'll never forget him singing Gareth Bales praises in his Left Back days and that it wouldn't be long before he took over from Ashley Cole in the England team. Bale had about 20 Welsh Caps at that point!

Himself and Giles were extremely disrespectful to Paul Green the other night after it was announced he got man of the match!

And finally, Bilic doesn't need a big salary. Sure the cost of living is much cheaper in Croatia! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic