You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dutch Eredivisie 12/13 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dutch Eredivisie 12/13 season
    Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:23pm
watched AZ Alkmaar and PSV yesterday 3-1 win for the home side ,I know f**k all about this league so looking forward to the new season Big smile

Edited by The Q Man - 16 Sep 2012 at 10:35am
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:29pm
Same

ESPN
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Same

ESPN

TA you watch any of the russia premier league? started watching that aswell Big smile
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Same

ESPN

TA you watch any of the russia premier league? started watching that aswell Big smile
Dunno what it is but cant get into the russian league, watch the MLS on espn a lot. Used to have the Portugese league for a short while last year but aint seen it in ages.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:03am
Cracking goal by Bryan Ruiz last weekend

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:22am
Great goal indeed Philly. Harry Redknapp was apparently at the game to have a look at Ruiz as Spurs have been following him closely. Won't be long before a bid gets in I think.

Any questions about this league lads, let me know Smile
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Great goal indeed Philly. Harry Redknapp was apparently at the game to have a look at Ruiz as Spurs have been following him closely. Won't be long before a bid gets in I think.

Any questions about this league lads, let me know Smile
I've got a question about the Belgian league. Is the 16 year old Genk player Sandy Walsh eligible for Ireland? He's on the bench for their Champions League qualifier today. He's Dutch.

Edited by Sloop John G - 17 Aug 2011 at 2:08pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:35pm
Belgian league not my strongest point, but thankfully I speak Dutch haha. Read some of the Belgian newspaper reports and interviews about him and he's got a Dutch mum, and an English dad. Perhaps there's a trace of Irish on his dads side due to the name, but that could be going back a bit.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:47pm

Also have a question for ya Steve - the ex PSV midfielder Balazs Dzudzsak. Was there any interest from the EPL for him before he cashed in his contract for a move to Anzi? Always thought he was being lined up for a move to Arsenal as his style of play would go down a treat with them and he's a cracking free kick taker. Will certainly miss him in the Eredivisie this year.

And have PSV rebuilt much or are they in for another below par season(only ask from a betting point of view as like to do a selection of the traditionally big clubs in europe at the weekends i.e. Ajax, PSV, Anderlecht, Porto etc Thumbs Up)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:02pm
There was some rumours about it, but nothing major. He was a good threat on the wings though, and I would have expected him to move to England too. But money talks eh.
PSV have had a major financial (and controversial) boost from the city of Eindhoven and have bought in good players. Dsudzak was replaced with the Belgian Dries Mertens and in the back they got talented Dutch international Kevin Strootman. Also got a new goalie Tyton from Roda JC and midfielder Wijnaldum from Feyenoord. Also looking at strikers El Hamdaoui from Ajax or Mataszv from Groningen.

But smart money on Ajax, PSV aren't gelling yet. Ajax looking very solid these first 2 games.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:08pm
Cheers Steve - will keep an eye on their results for the next 3-4 weeks before considering put them in the auld bets. Dont see the attraction in your man El Hamdaoui myself as always flatters to deceive anytime I seen him and would explain why he hasn't made the move to one of the bigger league's yet

Yeah reckon it will be Ajax at the end of the year with possibly Twente being the main challengers
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:19pm
Twente have the added factor of their new coach Adriaanse. He's quality.
Agree with you on El Hamdoui. Played well under Jol at the start of last season and scored some beauties, but his character and discipline are a joke. Glad to see the back of him.Hope he'll be going abroad though. Jol wants him at Fulham haha
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Cracking goal by Bryan Ruiz last weekend

yeah quality finish he looks a good player , Cabral from Feyenoord is the balls two great goals against roda jc. PSV supporters are complete gimps with their white hankies Embarrassed
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 11:48pm
watched den haag/0-3 PSV over the weekend  ,been a novice when it comes to the eredivise and from what games/highlights ive seen so far Dries Mertens is the balls ClapClapClapClap hes been linked to everton

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:52am
Know there has been big talk about him for a while but De Jong is seriously impressing me so far this season. Bergkamp esque goal at the weekend

This young lad Castillion looks to be a great talent for the future and great counter attacking goal set up by the returning Evander Sno - good to see him back Clap

Steve another question for ya - is their more money in the Dutch League these days? As heard the espn commentator saying NEC have turned down a 3mil bid for their keeper from Ajax as they want 6mil. Shocked me on 2 fronts - 1, How can Ajax afford 6mil for a keeper?(even with selling Skeltenberg) and 2, How can a club like NEC afford to turn down 3mil for one of their players?

Was good to see Maguire in the Ajax game get the full 90 too. Hows he liking the move to VVV???
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:08am
Watching the highlights of Twente v VVV venlo and once more De Jong was outstanding. If Wenger is looking for a striker before the deadline he should be going after De Jong. Technically great player

Crap video footage but here's his goals v Venlo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3XEz2GklJM&feature=related (knowing wenger though he would have been more impressed with the young Nigerian lad Musa from Venlo - he's probably faster than Walcott imo)
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:47am
PSV winning 4-1 after a Mertens hat-trick.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 3:51pm
Fecking threw most of my online betting money on Twente -1 today Angry They couldnt miss Ruiz that much ffs

On another note looked like Ajax where lucky today too. Hopefully PSV -1 can save my money tomorrow away to Venlo(thought this game would be on espn but fecking rugby is on instead Angry)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic