Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dunphy and Martin O'Neill bust up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dunphy and Martin O'Neill bust up
    Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:28pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:32pm
Linky no worky
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:45pm
I forgot to mention it was in the dark

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 2:46pm
No for some reason the embedded video fiunction hasn't been working on here for a few months now

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

No for some reason the embedded video fiunction hasn't been working on here for a few months now

Neither have the links when we post them up . Strange
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:34pm
posted correctly now. i fear the horse has bolted though.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 12:14pm
very interesting thanks.  A game we should have won.  
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 7:10pm
Interesting. Remember the game well, should have won alright but was happy with the point.

Few things I noticed.

Martin O'Neill refers to NI as 'they' rather than 'we' throughout unlike the presenter. Dunphy refers to us as 'we'.

Dunphy was still quite enamoured with Jack and Cas back then.

Dunphy had awful taste in jackets even then.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 8:53pm
Annoying the amount of times Martin says "in essence"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 10:56am
He was out of order last night Dunphy

Behaved like a child when Darragh did a rare thing for the RTE panel - produced a well informed stat, about Hoolahan not playing 2 games in 4 days since 2011. A very valid point. 
Dunphy couldnt take it and behaved like a 6 year old. 

Anyone hear his sly dig at half time when talking through the goals. 
"and heres 33 year old Jon Walters putting the penalty away" 

Personally I have no reason not to believe MONs version of events that Hoolahan came to him saying he was sore, in the pre-match interview. It shouldn't have been an issue or a talking point after that. 

I would take those words with more credence than those of a clown in a studio a thousand miles away

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Oct 2015 at 10:58am
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He was out of order last night Dunphy

Behaved like a child when Darragh did a rare thing for the RTE panel - produced a well informed stat, about Hoolahan not playing 2 games in 4 days since 2011. A very valid point. 
Dunphy couldnt take it and behaved like a 6 year old. 

Anyone hear his sly dig at half time when talking through the goals. 
"and heres 33 year old Jon Walters putting the penalty away" 

Personally I have no reason not to believe MONs version of events that Hoolahan came to him saying he was sore, in the pre-match interview. It shouldn't have been an issue or a talking point after that. 

I would take those words with more credence than those of a clown in a studio a thousand miles away

He was over the top and bordering on insulting... Fair play to Darragh to keep the head and not flap. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:01am
everyone knows what dunphy is like, does anyone actually take him serious? darragh's problem is he's not assertive enough. what he should have said last night was martin o'neill wasnt the only manager who hasnt played wes in two games over a 4 day period and shut dunphy up. instead he go flustered and let dunphy walk all over him.  if it wasnt wes with dunphy it would be someone else. did anyone here at the start of the discussion he said wilson was a top premier league player and he should be playing. wilson can't get into the stoke team at the minute.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:02am
TBH, anyone who regards ANYTHING Eamonn Dunphy says about football as somehow serious comment really needs their head examined.

The man is a pantomime villain - his role is to generate hysterical nonsense -he's the Simon Cowell of the panel.

His comments have absolutely NOTHING to do with football knowledge or football intelligence.

Giles and Brady make some intelligent insights.

Eamonn just uses the wooden spoon.

Any facts about Wes and his soreness/injury?

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:23am
I normally really enjoy Dunphy's romantic view of Irish players and football in general. I love listening to him and I feel the same about a lot of points he makes. 

But last night was out of order. He was insinuating that Martin O'Neill was telling lies. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:26am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I normally really enjoy Dunphy's romantic view of Irish players and football in general. I love listening to him and I feel the same about a lot of points he makes. 

But last night was out of order. He was insinuating that Martin O'Neill was telling lies. 

+1

Its normal practice that whatever a manager says in press conferences or before games he is taken on his word for. 
Poor form by the RTE panel continuing to make an issue out of it after MONs pre match interview
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

everyone knows what dunphy is like, does anyone actually take him serious? darragh's problem is he's not assertive enough. what he should have said last night was martin o'neill wasnt the only manager who hasnt played wes in two games over a 4 day period and shut dunphy up. instead he go flustered and let dunphy walk all over him.  if it wasnt wes with dunphy it would be someone else. did anyone here at the start of the discussion he said wilson was a top premier league player and he should be playing. wilson can't get into the stoke team at the minute.

Dunphy loves a cause, before Hoolahan it was McCarthy (who he now doesn't rate) before that it was Andy Reid and so on
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:36am
People are talking about so dunphy I'd doing his job I guess
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:38am
its only a matter of time before he starts crying on the panel....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic