7 [25.93%]
4 [14.81%]
1 [3.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:07am
Cork can play better than tonight, no question, but credit to Dundalk for disrupting their rhythm. I was a bit disappointed with last year`s final, (as a neutral), but if both sides are on top of their game next month in the Aviva then we could be in for a really good final.

As for the title race it`s certainly not over as Cork have the easier run-in. Dundalk are bound to suffer from fixture fatigue sooner or later and their game this Fri night in Tallaght will have a huge bearing on the league. Lose or draw that and it`s game on, assuming Cork win their next fixture.   
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Sponsored Links

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:25am
Maybe the next time Cork could play football and beat us, but yet again they just kick lumps out of us and bottle it again

Rovers not giving us tickets for Friday will result in a home stand full of Dundalk fans, all local bus companies are booked out of buses. Should have near a 1000.
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:33am
Will need to watch the game back but seemed a very weak refereeing performance. Game plan was out the window after the first goal and the City midfield was over-ran at times which I didn't see happening. Gearoid Morrissey was a big loss but Bolger had a very poor game as well. Nothing much in  it really a few decisions our way it's a different night.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:50am
If Dundalk win on Friday then its all over. After yesterdays results a draw wouldn't be too bad.

When you are top and winning you don't get tired so I don't think fatigue will be a problem.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:52am
Gutted i missed it last night, heard the place was rocking, huge win after the disaster on Friday night.

Cork need us to slip up twice in the last 5 games while they have to take maximum points, a win on Friday should be enough to do it hopefully, even with the short turn around to the Longford game i can't see them troubling us

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Maybe the next time Cork could play football and beat us, but yet again they just kick lumps out of us and bottle it again

Rovers not giving us tickets for Friday will result in a home stand full of Dundalk fans, all local bus companies are booked out of buses. Should have near a 1000.

You said all this last year and there were about 40 dundalk fans in the home section
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:42am

Funny, outside of your stupidity I would have no problem with Dundalk. Your players spent the second half diving and moaning, every time there was a challenge there was about 5 players around the ref. Excellent dive by Shields at the end too, even better than Ogbene's.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Funny, outside of your stupidity I would have no problem with Dundalk. Your players spent the second half diving and moaning, every time there was a challenge there was about 5 players around the ref. Excellent dive by Shields at the end too, even better than Ogbene's.

Running down the clock. When your champions and better than anyone you will understand

2nd place 3 years in a row is not a bad feat. Enjoy that Presidents Cup, cause it's only one you are going to win
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

You said all this last year and there were about 40 dundalk fans in the home section

I hope they bring 2,000.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:09pm

Running down the clock. When your champions and better than anyone you will understand

2nd place 3 years in a row is not a bad feat. Enjoy that Presidents Cup, cause it's only one you are going to win
Endorsing cheating, spoken like the classless clown you are.ClapClapClapClap
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:31pm

Disappointed with that. Better team won no doubt.

There's still time with 5 games so you just never know ... Here's hoping I guess

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:49pm

Endorsing cheating, spoken like the classless clown you are.ClapClapClapClap

All the great teams, Barca, Madrid, Munich do it so why be any different? It's upto the refs to spot it! In saying that only for the Ref last night you would have no Bolger Fri night. How he wasn't sent off for 2 yellows is ridiculous.

Caufield looked like a lost man on the sideline, didn't know what to do after 5 mins when it was clear we are better than you!

Enjoy coming 2nd! With all these 2nd placed finishes you think your crowds might dip and financial disaster will mean we have a new Cork City FC Foras FC group in a few years?
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:08pm
Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. I would be one of those neutrals who wanted Dundalk to win. After timing I know but I fancied them to win last night, I think the Sligo result would have focused their minds and taken them out of their comfort zone. Always answer the questions asked of them and did again last night.

Thought they definitely deserved to win. Was surprised by how good Keane was and Gartland/Boyle never gave Maguire a kick. Bolger was shocking for Cork and should have been sent off. The referee was terribly inconsistent all night but I don't think he favoured anyone. Thought Horgan had a very average game apart from his goal which was brilliant.

People saying Dundalk have a more difficult run in? Really don't see it. The fixtures themselves are straight forward enough. They have easily beaten Rovers, Longford and Pats away already this season, Leaving Galway and Bohs at home. The only issue they have is so many games in a short space of time.

Cork are so much better than they were last year, it's scary. Beattie was great for them. Be interesting to see how Caulfield approaches the cup final after O'Sullivan made a big difference last night. Still reckon it will be the same team apart from Morrissey coming back into midfield for Holohan.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. I would be one of those neutrals who wanted Dundalk to win. After timing I know but I fancied them to win last night, I think the Sligo result would have focused their minds and taken them out of their comfort zone. Always answer the questions asked of them and did again last night.

Thought they definitely deserved to win. Was surprised by how good Keane was and Gartland/Boyle never gave Maguire a kick. Bolger was shocking for Cork and should have been sent off. The referee was terribly inconsistent all night but I don't think he favoured anyone. Thought Horgan had a very average game apart from his goal which was brilliant.

People saying Dundalk have a more difficult run in? Really don't see it. The fixtures themselves are straight forward enough. They have easily beaten Rovers, Longford and Pats away already this season, Leaving Galway and Bohs at home. The only issue they have is so many games in a short space of time.

Cork are so much better than they were last year, it's scary. Beattie was great for them. Be interesting to see how Caulfield approaches the cup final after O'Sullivan made a big difference last night. Still reckon it will be the same team apart from Morrissey coming back into midfield for Holohan.

The lack of decent ball into space and into his feet didn't help, how many chances did he get to actually run at either?

Trevor Croly's commentating was shambolic, he has zero personality and should not be commentating. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:20pm
Agree GD. Hamilton is also finished as a commentator. Doesn't know the league well enough,always calling the players the wrong name etc. Croly would be better off in the studio with Kerr as commentator (as someone said earlier). The set up Eir Sport have has really shown up how sh*t the coverage is on RTE.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm

Agree GD. Hamilton is also finished as a commentator. Doesn't know the league well enough,always calling the players the wrong name etc. Croly would be better off in the studio with Kerr as commentator (as someone said earlier). The set up Eir Sport have has really shown up how sh*t the coverage is on RTE.

It's actually laughable, I mean if you hand any football nut a match programme he would offer more than what the likes of Croly, Hamilton etc give the public. 

Giving the domestic league a slot at 11:20 (open to correction) of a Monday evening shows how much they care about the game! 

I can only speak for myself, but the league has gotten under my skin this season (hoping to start going to to a few matches next season) , there is a hell of a lot of potential but when you see the countries main TV operator not giving a f**k there's a serious window of opportunity missing. 

The amount of my friends locally here in Carlow talking about the league is surreal! Never seen it before, not even when FC Carlow were in existence. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:38pm

Croly would be better off working for Dulux talking about the quality of their finishes. Last night was just awful from RTE, tokenism at it's finest.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:43pm

Croly would be better off working for Dulux talking about the quality of their finishes. Last night was just awful from RTE, tokenism at it's finest.

LOL

With all due respect do you not think you could offer some personality or dynamism to a top of the table clash?

I've never commentated before but by heck I'd be confident in upstaging Croly. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic