Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 91>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

If the bar was open to Cork fans it's the only reason as to why I can think there was no security.

That's the first I've heard of security being paid in pints!!! They are volunteers as far as i'm aware.

I thought we were top heavy too but the addition of Cleary just before the transfer window was a great signing from what we have seen so far, and with Shields sitting in front of them it does add a lot of protection especially when Murray and Benson were playing well

There's a big difference between volunteers who have undertaken a course and carry out the stewarding for the year and lads plucked for the bar to do it pre-game which is my point. Maybe this is untrue but this is what I've been told. 

I would doubt the door to the bar was open give that they wouldn't let us out for the usual 10mins or so to "avoid trouble"  I can't confirm that one way or another though. We were just singing songs trying to encourage our players after a poor performance and bad loss. Speculation but I'd imagine the continued singing from away fans long after the final whistle is what provoked the glass throwing. 

Anyway I will wait to see if anything comes from Dundalk's investigation. I'm based in Dublin so mostly attend away games and would hate to knock one off the list, especially as it's usually a good one. 

Told by who?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

If the bar was open to Cork fans it's the only reason as to why I can think there was no security.

That's the first I've heard of security being paid in pints!!! They are volunteers as far as i'm aware.

I thought we were top heavy too but the addition of Cleary just before the transfer window was a great signing from what we have seen so far, and with Shields sitting in front of them it does add a lot of protection especially when Murray and Benson were playing well

There's a big difference between volunteers who have undertaken a course and carry out the stewarding for the year and lads plucked for the bar to do it pre-game which is my point. Maybe this is untrue but this is what I've been told. 

I would doubt the door to the bar was open give that they wouldn't let us out for the usual 10mins or so to "avoid trouble"  I can't confirm that one way or another though. We were just singing songs trying to encourage our players after a poor performance and bad loss. Speculation but I'd imagine the continued singing from away fans long after the final whistle is what provoked the glass throwing. 

Anyway I will wait to see if anything comes from Dundalk's investigation. I'm based in Dublin so mostly attend away games and would hate to knock one off the list, especially as it's usually a good one. 

Told by who?

Other members and fans, I certainly didn't take this as fact which is why I was hoping you could confirm or deny. I asked the those in charge at City if they had any info on this but nothing as I yet.Either way I think it's clear from multiple incidents that it's time to bring the professionals in. This should be a minimum licensing requirement in my opinion. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:46am
Very frustrating night last night, didn't kick on after Friday night, lacked the same intensity, in saying that still should have won the game.

Despite having the best goal difference in the league we have only scored in 2 out of 5 games.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:56pm
Enjoyed that tonight, was a decent game.

The shamrocks put it up to us tonight and a draw wouldn't have been unfair. Though I think at 2-0 we really should have killed it off but we sat back and made a defensive change to soon.

Anyways, back top!

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
Don't think we actually played that well last night and it was 2 keeping howlers that gave us our goals. You can see the team is still gelling however so to be top despite not having O'Donnell and Gartland fit and bringing in half a team is a fine achievement. Connolly has been very poor though. I could actually see him move on mid season.
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:45pm
Just looking at that 'crap' photo in the Shamrock Rovers thread, what did the Dundalk board do with the Europa League money?? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Just looking at that 'crap' photo in the Shamrock Rovers thread, what did the Dundalk board do with the Europa League money?? 

Laid new Astro pitch.
Negotiated access to training centre beside ground.
Remunerated Athletes.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
The irony of the fans of a club that didn't pay their debts telling other clubs how to spend their money 😂

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:35pm

The irony of the fans of a club that didn't pay their debts telling other clubs how to spend their money 😂

Wasn't the fans who didn't pay the bills. And think you'll find now that the fans own the club, bills are getting paid.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Wasn't the fans who didn't pay the bills. And think you'll find now that the fans own the club, bills are getting paid.

Mu point being, given their clubs history, they are in no position to tell other clubs how to spend their money

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:18am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Mu point being, given their clubs history, they are in no position to tell other clubs how to spend their money
I think that is because of their history, as well as the present, that they are in one of the best positions to do exactly that.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:41am
Bar UCD I don't think there has been an LOI club that has not been in financial ruin at some point, some clubs even 2 or 3 times.  Dundalk still have plenty of the UEFA money I believe.  They made around €6m on the run but about €3m of that was spent whilst on the run.  A plane had to be chartered for the Tel Aviv game for example and they missed their take off slot for leaving so had to extend the rental time of the plane and stay for an extra night.  These things were not cheap. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Bar UCD I don't think there has been an LOI club that has not been in financial ruin at some point, some clubs even 2 or 3 times.  Dundalk still have plenty of the UEFA money I believe.  They made around €6m on the run but about €3m of that was spent whilst on the run.  A plane had to be chartered for the Tel Aviv game for example and they missed their take off slot for leaving so had to extend the rental time of the plane and stay for an extra night.  These things were not cheap. 

UCDFAN posted this

Laid new Astro pitch.
Negotiated access to training centre beside ground.
Remunerated Athletes.

how the money was spent?
If there is money left over how it should be spent?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:35pm
Happy with how it has been spent, the puddle behind the goal is gone now too!  The new owners want to keep money in the bank and spend gradually as opposed to blowing it all which is sensible.  We are seeded for the first 2 Europa rounds so stand a decent chance of having another run and dare I dream the group stages again.  Stadium upgrades will come through grants and major financial windfalls like another European run. 
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Happy with how it has been spent, the puddle behind the goal is gone now too!  The new owners want to keep money in the bank and spend gradually as opposed to blowing it all which is sensible.  We are seeded for the first 2 Europa rounds so stand a decent chance of having another run and dare I dream the group stages again.  Stadium upgrades will come through grants and major financial windfalls like another European run. 
The only way any LOI club can make the EL group stages is by parachuting in having been knocked out out of the CL. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of Dundalk making the groups this year.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:03pm
Why not?

Their scoring goals and only conceded 1 goal in 9 games, that is an excellent record.

If I were a Dundalk fan, I'd be very optimistic about doing well.

All depends on the draw too.

Edited by horsebox - 10 Apr 2018 at 5:04pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why not?

Because it would mean winning four rounds on the trot, some of them against teams from far, far stronger leagues. When was the last time an Irish club won three rounds on the trot?

The league does an excellent job in ensuring that teams are in the best possible shape for European competition and that has helped our teams in games against those in and around us and made us competitive and capable of beating teams that are better, catching them cold as it were. If Dundalk make the play-off round it would be the greatest performance of any Irish club in Europe, by some distance, including the two efforts at making the groups. 
The only team who have a remote hope of making the EL groups is the the one that starts in the CL. You can't be lucky with the draw four times.

Edited by pre Madonna - 10 Apr 2018 at 5:14pm
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why not?

Because it would mean winning four rounds on the trot, some of them against teams from far, far stronger leagues. When was the last time an Irish club won three rounds on the trot?

The league does an excellent job in ensuring that teams are in the best possible shape for European competition and that has helped our teams in games against those in and around us and made us competitive and capable of beating teams that are better, catching them cold as it were. If Dundalk make the play-off round it would be the greatest performance of any Irish club in Europe, by some distance, including the two efforts at making the groups. 
The only team who have a remote hope of making the EL groups is the the one that starts in the CL. You can't be lucky with the draw four times.

Totally agree, only way to get Europa League for an Irish team is through the CL. 

Is it true Cork will not even be seeded for their 1st round game in CL this year?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 91>
  Share Topic