Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 91>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Dano Cleary signed there apparently after an unimpressive but successful Rovers trial

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Dano Cleary signed there apparently after an unimpressive but successful Rovers trial

Maybe he was sh1te but Rovers wanted to sign him? 
El Puto Amo
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe he was sh1te but Rovers wanted to sign him? 

Precisely.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:19am
Super day here, really looking forward to tonight's game.

Bit early to say it's a must win game but it's one i'd really rather not lose, if we were to be 7 points behind already it would be a bit of an ask to try and pull it back.

it's on eir sports

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 10:00pm
Hoban's hold up and link play was excellent at times. The 2 CB's had a very good game. Duffy should have put away one of his chances. Benson had a very good 2nd half, peno miss aside.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:27pm
Hammered them 1-0 as RTID used to say.

Made all the sweeter with the goal coming from that classless prick mcnultys mistake. We played all the football and always looked like we would create a chance every time we went forward. Should have won by more.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:05pm
Just listened to caulfields interview, he's some boy, his comments about intimidation were particularly funny considering he spent most of the match in the 4th officials area!!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm

What's that Dundalk statement about? Was there trouble at the game on Friday?
El Puto Amo
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 4:30pm

What's that Dundalk statement about? Was there trouble at the game on Friday?

Yes sadly there was. A small number of Dundalk fans came through the bar into the away end and began launching bottles and glasses into the crowd which included plenty of children. The organiser of the family bus who goes everywhere has said he will not go to oriel anymore as its completely unsafe. This is on top of the incident in 2014 after which many fans won't return to oriel.

I should add that I never feel unsafe in Kennedys with city colours and usually have good craic with the locals before and after regardless of the result. This business of handing out jackets to lads in the bar to do security is a disgrace though and dundalk need to take responsibility and get professionals in. A statement isn't good enough it should be an apology. Oriel Park is the only place where this kind of thing happens in the ground and they need to accept responsibility for the safety of supporters.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 4:41pm

Jaysis that's not good to hear. Was there any action taken against those responsible on the night? We all go to LOI games and it's not like the crowds are so vast that the perpetrators can't be easily identified if there is a will to do so.
El Puto Amo
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 4:52pm

Jaysis that's not good to hear. Was there any action taken against those responsible on the night? We all go to LOI games and it's not like the crowds are so vast that the perpetrators can't be easily identified if there is a will to do so.

Don't know to be honest but appeared to me they returned to bar unimpeded. Given that the security is allegedly paid in pints from the same bar I wouldn't have thought a genuine investigation wouldn't be too hard to complete.

The ridiculous irony of being held back to avoid trouble only for fans to have missles launched at them by Dundalk supporters on two occasions only makes this worse. You shouldnt get a license without professional security. The FAI are to blame for their inaction after previous incidents and Dundalk are to blame for their amateur approach to ensuring the safety of paying customers.

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 11 Mar 2018 at 5:03pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:41pm
Dundalk have apologised privately to the City GM for the incident. Publicly they have changed their statement from "incident involving Dundalk fans" to an "incident involving Dundalk and Cork fans". Poor form from the club. There was an informal suggestion on our forum that Dundalk fans be banned from Turners Cross. At the time I thought this was excessive but I will be supporting this until we can be satisfied Dundalk have met minimum care standards.

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 11 Mar 2018 at 11:07pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm
Very disappointing to read about this after what was a great game.

I've been on the receiving end of bottles and glasses been thrown at us in talla before and it's not a pleasant experience.

If away fans are being held back after the game then the smoking area should be closed off until they have left the ground. I assume there is cctv in the bar so hopefully the people who went to the smoking area can be identified, whether or not they can identify who threw what is another thing.

Was the bar open to Cork fans the other night?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Very disappointing to read about this after what was a great game.

I've been on the receiving end of bottles and glasses been thrown at us in talla before and it's not a pleasant experience.

If away fans are being held back after the game then the smoking area should be closed off until they have left the ground. I assume there is cctv in the bar so hopefully the people who went to the smoking area can be identified, whether or not they can identify who threw what is another thing.

Was the bar open to Cork fans the other night?

Yes hopefully the issue is resolved and we can all move on. 

I don't know about the bar on Friday, I know their were City fans in there for the PC so I'd assume it was allowed for this match too, perhaps not. 

The only way I can see that this can be put to bed is by Dundalk taking security seriously and hiring a professional security firm. The league was reduced to 10 teams in an effort to increase standards and achieve a certain level of professionalism but one of the top teams and pre-season favourites allegedly (can you confirm or deny this part Shoco?) picks it's stewards from the bar and pays them in pints to meet licencing requirements. This to me is unacceptable. 

Also while I'm sure you enjoyed the game on Friday our lads were very poor Cry Dundalk looking very solid at the back which I didn't foresee this season, I thought ye were looking top heavy if anything. I'll be heading to Richmond tonight where hopefully ye might have a tougher time Wink

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 12 Mar 2018 at 12:38pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:46pm
If the bar was open to Cork fans it's the only reason as to why I can think there was no security.

That's the first I've heard of security being paid in pints!!! They are volunteers as far as i'm aware.

I thought we were top heavy too but the addition of Cleary just before the transfer window was a great signing from what we have seen so far, and with Shields sitting in front of them it does add a lot of protection especially when Murray and Benson were playing well

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

If the bar was open to Cork fans it's the only reason as to why I can think there was no security.

That's the first I've heard of security being paid in pints!!! They are volunteers as far as i'm aware.

I thought we were top heavy too but the addition of Cleary just before the transfer window was a great signing from what we have seen so far, and with Shields sitting in front of them it does add a lot of protection especially when Murray and Benson were playing well

There's a big difference between volunteers who have undertaken a course and carry out the stewarding for the year and lads plucked for the bar to do it pre-game which is my point. Maybe this is untrue but this is what I've been told. 

I would doubt the door to the bar was open give that they wouldn't let us out for the usual 10mins or so to "avoid trouble"  I can't confirm that one way or another though. We were just singing songs trying to encourage our players after a poor performance and bad loss. Speculation but I'd imagine the continued singing from away fans long after the final whistle is what provoked the glass throwing. 

Anyway I will wait to see if anything comes from Dundalk's investigation. I'm based in Dublin so mostly attend away games and would hate to knock one off the list, especially as it's usually a good one. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

I'll be heading to Richmond tonight where hopefully ye might have a tougher time Wink

Just to set your expectations accordingly, Dundalk rarely get a tough time from Saints. I do not hold out much hope for this game. 
El Puto Amo
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

I'll be heading to Richmond tonight where hopefully ye might have a tougher time Wink

Just to set your expectations accordingly, Dundalk rarely get a tough time from Saints. I do not hold out much hope for this game. 

Neither do I, I predicted 1-3 in the other thread LOL Always a good night on the Camac Terrace though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 91>
  Share Topic