Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Qman i heard your interested in investing??? is this true?Tongue
Yer I wonder if he can pay for it in hookie badges Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 2:44pm

Current owner and CEO of Dundalk FC Gerry Matthews, has confirmed his intention to transfer the ownership of the club into the hands of the people of the town and to become a Supporter-Owned and operated football club within the coming year.Because of the pressing requirements of Club Licencing for the 2012 season and the legal complexities of finalising this transfer, it is intended to manage the ownership transfer on a transitional basis with completion of the formalities targeted for 2012. A new board of management including supporter, business and community representation is to be constituted with a view to managing and guiding the club towards completing this smooth transition to a Supporter Owned model.

Gerry Matthews said “It has always been my desire and intention to handover the ownership of the club to the supporters and community of Dundalk, and I share the view of the Dundalk FC Trust that the clubs long term interests will be best served by the club being supporter / community owned and operated as opposed to the private ownership alternative”

“My wish is to step down as CEO and from the management board when the new board is fully operational and to hand over full day-to-day executive powers to this group which will consist of supporters and community members. I have had very positive discussions with the DFC Trust group who I envisage having a pivotal role to play in both the immediate and long term success of the club. With the deadline for licensing applications fast approaching and with many other footballing matters an immediate priority, it is important that we create stability and a clear vision for the immediate future. I hope to be in a position to be able to provide more details and the specifics of the transition plan within the coming days. With the club being placed directly into the hands of the supporters and community of the town , I feel a strong enthusiasm and optimism about the future of the football club”

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 4:32pm

Following discussions held in Oriel Park on Friday morning between Dundalk FC, representatives of a local consortium and the Dundalk FC Community Trust – an agreement in principle has been reached on the transfer of ownership of Dundalk Football Club.

While there are a number of legal issues that need to be finalised, all parties are now confident that all the major obstacles have been successfully negotiated.

Consortium representative Ciaran Bond stated: “Our immediate plan is to stabilise the club’s finances. This will be achieved through a three-year sponsorship package that will be factored around current sponsorship frameworks. The due-diligence process has revealed that the financial situation at the club is much more serious than anticipated.”

“The successful conclusion to these negotiations, while bringing stability to the club, does not solve all the club’s problems. We have already this morning addressed a very serious creditor that demanded immediate attention. A major concerted effort will be required between now and the end of the season”.

The consortium and the Trust have been working closely together in recent weeks to put in place a long-term plan to safeguard the club’s future. Trust representative Colm Murphy stated: “The Dundalk FC Community Trust is now working with the consortium to put together a short and long-term plan to secure a sustainable future for the club. Both the Trust and the Consortium are working towards implementing a supporter-orientated community owned model that we believe we will bring both short-term stability and long-term growth to Dundalk FC.

“The next few months will be very busy as we seek support from supporters and the community so that we can put the club on a firm footing. Upcoming matches and fundraisers are hugely important and we encourage everybody to give their support to these events”.

Current Dundalk FC Owner Gerry Matthews stated: “This deal will save the club as it was likely that the club would have closed if agreement had not been reached. This will bring stability to Dundalk FC and I wish everybody who will bring the football club forward every success. I support them 100% in their endeavours”.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic