You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:40pm
People who sh*te on about Guinness quality can f**k off. Bet they would fail the Pepsi callenge every day
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:30pm
Anyone familiar with the royal oak in Kilmainham? 

First time in here for 4 years and they've turned it from a proper locals type boozer into a hipster craft beer sh*tbox. There used to be two grumpy gah head auld fellas behind the counter  who took no sh*te and theyre gone. They're advertising some Tinder 3D sh*te whatever that is. Dead

And a fookin Australian is after landing in to top it all off DeadLOL

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Aug 2019 at 6:34pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:46pm
Walsh’s in stoneybatter has lovely Guinness and a big fan of
The Swan too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

First time in here for 4 years and they've turned it from a proper locals type boozer into a hipster craft beer sh*tbox. There used to be two grumpy gah head auld fellas behind the counter  who took no sh*te and theyre gone. They're advertising some Tinder 3D sh*te whatever that is. Dead

Ah, it's still a decent spot. The landlady and loclas still have the seat in the corner boxed off, had a couple of great chats in that corner with them on the odd occasion there was a seat spare in the vicinity. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 7:00pm
Yeah

Button it just be thankful these cultural icons of Dublin let muck savages like you in 😀

I do know it’s a tipp pub 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Aug 2019 at 7:01pm
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm
Ah it's a grand pub still. The "3D tinder" thing is just a chalkboard outside the door; it doesn't mean anything.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah

Button it just be thankful these cultural icons of Dublin let muck savages like you in 😀

I do know it’s a tipp pub 

Made the mistake of asking the two gah head Tipp grumps to put on a champions League match one evening. 

Never asked again LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 17 Aug 2019 at 1:50pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah it's a grand pub still. The "3D tinder" thing is just a chalkboard outside the door; it doesn't mean anything.

Does 3D Tinder not just mean that you're meeting people in person?!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Glad I didn't enquire about it. LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Glad I didn't enquire about it. LOL
What is it though?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:05pm
A chance to meet people is exactly what it means. What it means is that "this is a pub where you can meet people" as opposed to being an app. It is basically just advertising the fact it is a pub with people, as opposed to a dating app.

Yeah, it's a sh*t joke, but I wouldn't use it as a reason not to drink in what is otherwise a great wee boozer.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 17 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:08pm

A chance to meet people is exactly what it means. What it means is that "this is a pub where you can meet people" as opposed to being an app. It is basically just advertising the fact it is a pub with people, as opposed to a dating app.

Yeah, it's a sh*t joke, but I wouldn't use it as a reason not to drink in what is otherwise a great wee boozer.
Cheers, that makes sense.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm
If you meet these real people and go on a date should you bring more than a tanner with you
AKA pedantic kunt
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:03am
Never been in Mulligans but was in Chaplins at the weekend. Decent Guinness but that's about it
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Never been in Mulligans but was in Chaplins at the weekend. Decent Guinness but that's about it

I think it has a lot more to it than the Guinness.

Good barmen, plenty of seating, no tourist prices despite being spitting distance to college green, comedy club upstairs and decent punters. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:57pm
Don't get me wrong, a good pub, just I was told it was one of the best pints of Guinness in Dublin and was very disappointed.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
Dillon's on Parkgate Street. 

Think it's only recently opened but a nice little boozer.

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Nov 2019 at 1:21pm
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:33pm
Anyone been in Mc Gettigans on the Swords Rd yet? Wondering if it's any use, as meant to go to a Christmas party in there soon. 

Edited by cardwizzard - 02 Dec 2019 at 5:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 49>
  Share Topic