You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dublin hotels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

If you have a season ticket you get a discount in the D4 hotel (formerly Jurys) in Ballsbridge!

It's €89 a room there on the official website so even with the discount it's only 10% off isnt it? Not sure about what the discount is anymore.
If you go to onhotels.com, the same room is only €52 so if you are staying there, book it using that site or something similar like booking.com, lastminute, octopus travel, etc.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

If you have a season ticket you get a discount in the D4 hotel (formerly Jurys) in Ballsbridge!

It's €89 a room there on the official website so even with the discount it's only 10% off isnt it? Not sure about what the discount is anymore.
If you go to onhotels.com, the same room is only €52 so if you are staying there, book it using that site or something similar like booking.com, lastminute, octopus travel, etc.

took a look at hotels last night and they are more expensive than any other game the coonts!!
we booked coppers for the que jumping and drink smugglingBig smile
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

lads ive been given the responsability to book a hotel for the estonia game for 4 of us. Max budget is 25 each.

Any recomondations?

Was looking at the harcourt hotel as its dirt cheap. This any use?

Nothing wrong with it for a group of lads. Stayed there a few times

Check out this site

directrooms.com

Best site out there for Dublin hotel imo!

Got it recommended on here, and haven’t used any other site  since (id stay in Dublin a few times a year and go with the cheapest half decent hotel on here!!)

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 4:51am
stayed in the harcourt for the christmas doo last year,
nothin to write home about, but grand for 1 nite
Defo wouldent say its a kip, its clean, its beside coopers and cheap

walkin distance to the ground as well

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:26am
A twin room in The Harcourt is 69 on Booking.com, I can get it for you for 52 per room, so 26 each per night.

Send me a PM if you want it Hulkster
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:56am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

took a look at hotels last night and they are more expensive than any other game the coonts!!
we booked coppers for the que jumping and drink smugglingBig smile

We booked coppers for the armenia game and i walked in after the game and your man goes, 'we're not open yet' to which I replies I don't give a sh*t I'm staying here, give a bucket of ice and a bottle of coke, and off I trotted up to the room to chill the buckie in the ice bucket, when down a treat I tell ya!!  Hug
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

A twin room in The Harcourt is 69 on Booking.com, I can get it for you for 52 per room, so 26 each per night.

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

how come you can get better prices Steve?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:23am

I can buy them in at wholesale rate as a travel agent. And for fellow fans I keep things nice and fair, instead of the large margins Booking.com etc stick on it.

Can get pretty much get hotels all over the world in most cities. You find any rate on booking.com, quote it to me, and I can nearly always cut under it Smile Sometimes a few euro's, sometimes more. Depends on the margin they have stuck on it for themselves.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:25am

I can buy them in at wholesale rate as a travel agent  Gangster And for fellow fans I keep things nice and fair, instead of the large margins Booking.com etc stick on it.

Can get pretty much get hotels all over the world in most cities. You find any rate on booking.com, quote it to me, and I can nearly always cut under it Smile Sometimes a few euro's, sometimes more. Depends on the margin they have stuck on it for themselves.

Fixed
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:27am

I can buy them in at wholesale rate as a travel agent. And for fellow fans I keep things nice and fair, instead of the large margins Booking.com etc stick on it.

Thumbs Up
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:49am

so the difference is what booking.com make?! no idea they were making that big a margin if they are... need some shares in them! how much crowne plaza northwood in dublin working out at outta interest?? just booked a room with on booking.com for a ball
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:46am
What date Vidic? As rates vary per season, depending on availability etc. But a random Saturday night in November I see Booking.com charge 92 for a non-refundable room, 102 for a refundable room.
I have it for 84 on those same dates.

And yeah, the difference is what they make.

PM me if you want it.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:54am

What date Vidic? As rates vary per season, depending on availability etc. But a random Saturday night in November I see Booking.com charge 92 for a non-refundable room, 102 for a refundable room.
I have it for 84 on those same dates.

And yeah, the difference is what they make.

PM me if you want it.

Steve - do you ever get bumped if your hotels are overbooked.

Had a sat night booked with OTEL for the Scotland game months in advance ( had the fri booked as the game was originally fri so decided to make a weekend of it) about 10 dys before they informed me the 'hotel' cant/wont honour it and offered me an alterntive ( which I neither wanted nor took)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 8:19am
It happens very very seldomly with us Newry. It's kinda out of any agents hands, and down to the hotels themselves.
Hotels (like airlines) always overbook as they know there is always an x percentage of no-shows/delays etc. Overbooking creates extra revenue for them, and makes sure rates stay lower for other clients as they can sometime offer low deals. But sometimes everyone shows up, or they've overbooked too many rooms, and they then have to offer alternatives.
However, in my 5 years dealing with hotels in this company, I might've had 3 or 4 cases where it actually turned out to be really overbooked. And the alternatives at that time were perfect though, and an upgrade to a higher class service.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 8:29am

It happens very very seldomly with us Newry. It's kinda out of any agents hands, and down to the hotels themselves.
Hotels (like airlines) always overbook as they know there is always an x percentage of no-shows/delays etc. Overbooking creates extra revenue for them, and makes sure rates stay lower for other clients as they can sometime offer low deals. But sometimes everyone shows up, or they've overbooked too many rooms, and they then have to offer alternatives.
However, in my 5 years dealing with hotels in this company, I might've had 3 or 4 cases where it actually turned out to be really overbooked. And the alternatives at that time were perfect though, and an upgrade to a higher class service.

No worries always stay in Jurys custom house if the game is on a friday or make a wekend out of it. Will give you a shout when the WC fixtures come out next month

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 10:12am

Cheers Steve. Got a quad room there for 89 though??

any deals on coppers or jurys inn custom house bud?Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 10:46am
Will PM ya a few options there Hulkster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic