You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin County FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Who is it a money making exercise for? Where would their home games be? And what area do they represent? 

The owners, whole plan is to sell players on at a profit. 

North Dublin I guess, looks like they'll play in Santry. Don't think they're too concerned about getting fans in. 

@BSM, they have the licence but whether they'll be asked to join the league is another story 
oh really?

Yeah, talk this morning that only Treaty will be invited. Knowing the fai they'll go for all three, including Rovers. Will be a wildly unpopular decision. 
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would much prefer to see one of the Limerick clubs back. You could argue a North County Dublin or West County Dublin could cover a populated area but it sounds like this would be purely plugged in as a money making exercise. Club will be out of business in about 5 years time!

In the south-east there is real momentum/talk about this potential new club in Wexford gathering pace in the next year or two.

If the FAI show genuine interest in growing the game outside of the Dublin and help regional clubs in their pursuit of becoming LOI clubs at senior level in the coming years we could well see Kerry, Carlow/Kilkenny, Mayo and Cavan/Monaghan all having men's teams in the top two divisions.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:55pm
It was always inevitable that a club with the history, tradition and support of Sporting Fingal would pop back up in reincarnated form

Or is it Dublin City

I know nothing about this new zombie club, but I imagine they have a high powered team of marketers and strategists whose master plan is that by calling themselves "Dublin" and playing in sky blue shirts and navy shorts with a crest incorporating three castles, they will create an irresistible PRODUCT to the Dublin sporting public, at least when crowds eventually return in 2033

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:13pm
come on county! Come on county! Come on county!!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:22pm

Where are their players coming from? The big question is; Am I getting a game?
El Puto Amo
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

In the south-east there is real momentum/talk about this potential new club in Wexford gathering pace in the next year or two.

If the FAI show genuine interest in growing the game outside of the Dublin and help regional clubs in their pursuit of becoming LOI clubs at senior level in the coming years we could well see Kerry, Carlow/Kilkenny, Mayo and Cavan/Monaghan all having men's teams in the top two divisions.

This is what’s needed for the game to grow throughout the country. I know Carlow/Kilkenny are planning my on applying for a license in the next few years. Tax the bookies and share the money out to all clubs to spend on facilities. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

May pick up unattached players to get going in their first season. Maybe some top end LSL and junior players?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:32pm
Garbage ...................................
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It was always inevitable that a club with the history, tradition and support of Sporting Fingal would pop back up in reincarnated form

Or is it Dublin City

I know nothing about this new zombie club, but I imagine they have a high powered team of marketers and strategists whose master plan is that by calling themselves "Dublin" and playing in sky blue shirts and navy shorts with a crest incorporating three castles, they will create an irresistible PRODUCT to the Dublin sporting public, at least when crowds eventually return in 2033

Someone needs to split this team in four before they have even begun 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 1:47pm

May pick up unattached players to get going in their first season. Maybe some top end LSL and junior players?

Very likely seeing as they won't be able to play any games in the LSL for the foreseeable. 

Which is similar to what's happened with clubs in the IL signing LSL players IIRC?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:18pm
I’d much rather see Rovers 2nd team in the first division than Dublin county. There’s a massive gap to be filled between senior and u19 football in this country at the minute. Does it give Rovers an extra advantage? Yes but if it means players like Kevin Zefi and others can develop in this country then brilliant. If other clubs like Dundalk were able to enter a second team it would give younger players more of an opportunity especially with the Brexit rules coming into place player development in Ireland needs to be seriously improved.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:29pm

In all seriousness, this is a joke. The league needs improved stadia, general facilities and infrastructure for underage player development. What is Dublin County bringing to the table? 
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:00pm
Bizzare decision to launch a team this year. All the costs of a team with zero income. Why would ya not just wait a year and start it next year
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:04pm
The return of Sporting Fingal another franchise because there simply isn't other clubs around the country with the Insensitive to come into the league. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:22pm

In all seriousness, this is a joke. The league needs improved stadia, general facilities and infrastructure for underage player development. What is Dublin County bringing to the table? 

Assuming it's Morton Stadium, it's an awful place to watch a LSL game, never mind a LoI game. Not fit for purpose for football matches. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:07pm

If their plans are to get players in and sell them on and if the manager is Ukrainian, I would take a punt it's getting young players from that region. Pure speculation based on nothing Big smile
It would damage this forums' reputation
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:58pm
manager is an American.Looks like it’s 10 team league with dc not even getting a licence and rovers b not in it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

manager is an American.Looks like it’s 10 team league with dc not even getting a licence and rovers b not in it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thought they got the license?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic