You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:06pm
The Metro to the airport really should be brought forward. Utter nonsense to announce it and then say delivery of 2027! Road traffic is getting increasingly busy around the airport. That whole route of north Dublin that the metro is planned for needs better public transport too.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:04pm
Scanned over comments so apologies if it missed much! Used to work in the airport in the dept that deals with development

Few points

The runway should see us as Heathrow's third runway but I wouldn't expect a while heap of new routes either, definitely a few us cities and one or two Asia but would be surprised if there's loads. Transfer pax have been growing hugely and this will definitely help that even more.

T2 is full/over capacity in the mornings up until 11am which is when most airlines want to go, especially to the US, a lot of long haul airlines won't use t1 and won't fly another time, this does lose routes

The airport as a whole isn't far off capacity either, hence some airlines now need to use buses to get to their planes

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

A second runaway is a huge boost for Dublin, particularly IAG (The owners of Aer Lingus) Aer Lingus have a number of new A350's coming in to their line I'm sure they'll be delighted by the news. 

DAA should of been on Norwegian Air's case earlier, they're expanding in a serious way particularly to the USA with a rake of new 787 Dreamliners on the way it would of been ideal for them. They can't get enough pilots right now, but then with their terms and conditions i can see why no one is jumping for joy to sign for them. 

As for new routes, supply and demand, I don't believe a daily flight from Dublin to Houston would be cost effective DI another few come to mind would fit into that category, DAA would be safer aiming at the likes of the budget airlines to use it as a hub like Ryanair currently do. Gatwick is a prime example its bursting with budget airlines, Easy, Norwegian, Wizz, Ryanair. Norwegian would of been ideal with our prime location to the USA. 

Don't be surprised if Mr O'Leary decides he wants a few 787s in a few years and starts heading transatlantic from Dublin, to add to his already expansive european network, he'd nearly be able to connect the whole of Europe to the USA/Mexico via Dublin. 

Horse sh*t, the 350s won't be Used by Aer Lingus firstly, they've been assumed by the group and look like going to iberia

Daa have been proactively working with Norwegian for years, sure they rent a whole office block out there

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:08pm
If I wasn't bound by confidentiality I could shred that post even more
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
Wonder will IAG lauch flights to Vancouver or will the fact Air Canada Rouge are going to be flying it put them off. They may look at Montreal instead
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

so what your saying is that ybig's makebelieve pilot is talking pony?
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

so what your saying is that ybig's makebelieve pilot is talking pony?

No way
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wonder will IAG lauch flights to Vancouver or will the fact Air Canada Rouge are going to be flying it put them off. They may look at Montreal instead

Rouge only have six flights on that route I think, would be a candidate, they've done well in Toronto, miami and texas would be certs I'd imagine, Hong Kong or Beijing, one India as well, can't imagine then being greater than thrice weekly
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm
Make believe pilot LOL I'm getting fed of reading that sh*t, much more of it and i'll be retiring from YBIG due to twats like yourself. 

Please, enlighten what I'm incorrect on. They worked that well with Norwegian that they set up one of their long haul bases in Gatwick where there is more competition in the city, great work by DAA alright. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 08 Apr 2016 at 3:37pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:02pm
You're incorrect that they've not been working with Norwegian, you're incorrect they should have been there early, they were at them from the start, Norwegian have been there for years

You're incorrect Aer Lingus will be getting a350s, anyone who worked for iag would know this

Your level of understanding of why Gatwick and Dublin don't compare and don't compete for Norwegian long haul routes could be exposed by a 15 year old

Several airlines have tried and failed to compete with Ryanair in dublin, all have failed, none will hub there, it is far from safe to chase that end and would almost definitely fail

Your post has a huge lack of understanding of the economics of airlines and airports, how and why airlines choose routes and what's needed for a hub, and I've zero doubt you don't work for an airline (shock horror) as you wouldn't have made such a post working for one for a week

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:04pm
To be clear, I worked in that area of daa and know exactly what I'm talking about
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:05pm
Ooofffttt that's gotta hurt

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:08pm
School in progress

Nvidic
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:08pm
Smackdown LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:10pm

To be clear, I worked in that area of daa and know exactly what I'm talking about
remember heading on an away trip, cant remember which one now and there you were strolling through the terminal looking dapper in your tin but sick a as small hospital at all the fans heading off and you stuck in work
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:13pm
Remember it well! Was cologne away and I'd only just started there, Was sickened when I seen ye all, was trying awful hard to avoid the terminal that day!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:20pm

You're incorrect that they've not been working with Norwegian, you're incorrect they should have been there early, they were at them from the start, Norwegian have been there for years

You're incorrect Aer Lingus will be getting a350s, anyone who worked for iag would know this

Your level of understanding of why Gatwick and Dublin don't compare and don't compete for Norwegian long haul routes could be exposed by a 15 year old

Several airlines have tried and failed to compete with Ryanair in dublin, all have failed, none will hub there, it is far from safe to chase that end and would almost definitely fail

Your post has a huge lack of understanding of the economics of airlines and airports, how and why airlines choose routes and what's needed for a hub, and I've zero doubt you don't work for an airline (shock horror) as you wouldn't have made such a post working for one for a week

My post was concise. This is not Pprune or BALPA, the second of which you won't be on.

Aer Lingus will get A350's once they've upgraded the Iberia fleet as they've done with A330's and the NEO it makes sense upgrade the Iberia fleet first, I'm well IAG took control off that order of the A350's as I'm aware of a lot of things I'm not going to post on an Ireland football forum.

Dublin/Gatwick are comparable due to the one runway, Gatwick has roughly 15million more passengers and a far greater range of options in terms of carriers and destinations. Now, Ryanair has been unchallenged in Dublin, Easyjet never came back in 2002 they turned it down. 

I'm 7 years at a legacy carrier airline with thousands of hours to my name in 777's, A320s', D42'. To be clear, (quoting yourself) I fly the aircraft. Could you tell me what procedures you carry out at 35,000ft with a double engine failure in a triple 7? The answer will be No. 

I'm fed up reading this thrash from fools. I'm done here. 

Edited by SByrne24 - 08 Apr 2016 at 4:24pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 4:23pm
Nvidic Clap

Retirement party soon LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic