You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

You wouldn’t want to be waiting on a taxi - probably about 60 in the queue at the rank 

Queuing up to get in a car with a racist sh*te talker
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:33am

You wouldn’t want to be waiting on a taxi - probably about 60 in the queue at the rank 

Try use Uber or Free Now and just meet the taxi driver around the corner Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Try use Uber or Free Now and just meet the taxi driver around the corner Thumbs Up

Wasnt for me i walked past it on the way to the car park bus pick up and thought its a pretty poor reflection on Airport/Ireland that there arent taxis at the airport

A tourist lands in ireland after a long trip and has to stand outside  in a queue for likely 40mins for a taxi  - its not a good look 

Nearly every foreign airport you land at there are taxis lined up 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:31am

Wasnt for me i walked past it on the way to the car park bus pick up and thought its a pretty poor reflection on Airport/Ireland that there arent taxis at the airport

A tourist lands in ireland after a long trip and has to stand outside  in a queue for likely 40mins for a taxi  - its not a good look 

Glasgow was just as bad last Friday, queue for taxis was over an hour so ended up Ubering.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:33am

Most are fairly bad these days, airport wants their pound of flesh from pickups, FreeNow/Uber drivers don't ant to pay, so they end up in some far off pickup spot. If you're used to the apps it's fairly handy, order a taxi and the app directs you through the airport/carparks.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 11:15am

Ireland dont have Uber Embarrassed
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 11:17am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

We do have Uber. It’s a taxi service. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 11:21am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Correct - I use the Uber app in Ireland all the time. Only registered Taxis are allowed use it though.

I find it way quicker than Free Now and more reliable
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 11:53am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Correct - I use the Uber app in Ireland all the time. Only registered Taxis are allowed use it though.

I find it way quicker than Free Now and more reliable
Yeah exactly, all their cars are pretty decent too. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:27pm

Looked worse tonight 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:53am
Driving from Cork to Dublin airport for an 8am flight tomorrow. Need to collect someone in Rathmines first so wondering what's best time to be leaving as worried about morning traffic in Dublin.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:57am
Well that's an absolute pain in the hole for you. Would be telling the person in Rathmines to find their way to the airport themselves.
Coming from m50 into Rathmines and then through city centre to airport mind add an extra 45/60 minutes, and if Cork to Dublin is 2 hours(could be more) I'd be leaving at 3, hoping to be at the airport for 6.30. But then you have to park up and get a bus probably. Wouldn't bother going to bed basically.
The dark side.. And the light
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
Walk from Rathmines to Harolds Cross is 10 mins and the 16 will bring them straight to the airport
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Driving from Cork to Dublin airport for an 8am flight tomorrow. Need to collect someone in Rathmines first so wondering what's best time to be leaving as worried about morning traffic in Dublin.

You don't need to be going through Rathmines anytime after 7am. There's no handy way to get there from the motorway without having to pass through a heap of busy villages. Tell your pal to get the bus. Its dead handy and will save you some grief.

Edited by MC Hammered - 31 Jan 2023 at 10:12am
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Walk from Rathmines to Harolds Cross is 10 mins and the 16 will bring them straight to the airport

Or 10 minutes the opposite direction to Leeson St and get the Aircoach, 16 takes too long stopping at every stop in peak hours.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:29pm

If he plans on making his flight I wouldn’t suggest this option
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

If he plans on making his flight I wouldn’t suggest this option

LOL

Had to get the 16 bus when Aircoach was suspended during covid. Never again. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:22pm
Taxi would only be a score from Rathmines 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic