You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport Security Monday morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin Airport Security Monday morning
    Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:05pm
folks

How much time to allow going through security Dublin airport Monday morning 0900 flight ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:08pm
37 mins
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:17pm
Should be ok from my experience at that time as it's usually a lot much busier on the earlier flights. The express pass is handy for 6€ (i think) if you have low tolerance for window lickers.

Edited by drog addict - 16 Jan 2017 at 4:19pm
Chips don't bounce
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:18pm
Out of all the airports I've ever been in Dublin security is one of the fastest even at it's busiest. Clap

I think a lot of the airports on the continent, people wait until the very last second to remove their belongings and get them ready. Angry
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Wallet, keys, phone either in the coat pocket (winter) or inside your bag (summer).

Liquids next to ipad / laptop in the bag so they can be easily removed all at once.

Light, slip on shoes that don't need to be removed (or, if they do, it's easy).

And no belts. Unless you absolutely need one every day.

It's not *that* difficult to do it easily.

But chumps get it wrong.

Every time.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 16 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:55pm
What you mean I can't bring this 1 litre bottle of water through with me?

I know the label says it's got 200mls in it but it's only half full so that's 100mls

These people drive me nuts. The changes have been in for years and still they are f**king thick as sh*t
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I know the label says it's got 200mls in it but it's only half full so that's 100mls

These people drive me nuts. The changes have been in for years and still they are f**king thick as sh*t

ThTs why i usually pay the express or whatever you call it to avoid these morons
Chips don't bounce
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:27pm
It is idiotic and they are annoying but they are technically correct. It is all unnecessary, you are allowed bring everything you need to bring down a plane onto a plane. I read a great article by a former head of security at Ben Gurion airport highlighting how bad the TSA were in America and the layers of unnecessary security. I am no fan of the Israelis butthis is one area they appear to have down to a fine art, that and killing children.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:38pm
6 replies and only 1 answer the other 5 just bitching
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:53pm
I dont think I have ever been anything more than 10-15 minutes in Dublin. And I am usually on an early flight. (Although I have never been in T2)

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Out of all the airports I've ever been in Dublin security is one of the fastest even at it's busiest. Clap

I think a lot of the airports on the continent, people wait until the very last second to remove their belongings and get them ready. Angry

Yes, Dublin has been by far the best I have been to. And when I leave Dubin it is in the morning and come home late from the foreign ones. I would hate to see what they are like at peak times.

I remember being in Paris Beauvais and some burd had a full make-up kit with her that would barely make the carry-on luggage criteria.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 16 Jan 2017 at 5:54pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:44pm
The difference between Dublin airport and others is phenomenal. It takes less than five minutes in other Irish airports.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

The difference between Dublin airport and others is phenomenal. It takes less than five minutes in other Irish airports.

Probably because people can't wait to get the fcuk out of the one in Cork

Tongue
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:33am

Probably because the other Irish airports are tiny in comparison. They'd have a fraction of the volume of passengers to deal with it. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:55am

Mostly 12 seaters, once an hour.

The only things confiscated are chickens and sheep.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Probably because the other Irish airports are tiny in comparison. They'd have a fraction of the volume of passengers to deal with it. 

Exactly. It's a ridiculous comparison comparing Dublin with any airport on this island.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:53pm
When ever I fly through Dublin I get there 1 hour or less before my flight, I generally get annoyed as I've to sit around for 30 mins. 

Quickest airport to get through security, I've had a huge queue layers back and thought I'd no chance of egtting the flight and the queue was sorted really quickly

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:58pm
YEah Dublin is fantastic these days. From my gaff in Drumcondra - drive to Red Carpark - bus to terminal - through security took me 26 minutes on a Saturday 10am a few weeks before Christmas
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

plus wan
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic