You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Watching too much of it on the BBC managed to totally put me off athletics and the olympics. I just don't watch it.

Fanatically jingoistic,hypocritical lunatics.

Watched the Lympics on American tv once.
Million times worse.
Only showed events that Americans won.
Were gutted when the Russian swimmer beat the American favourite.

Shocking that US Olympic coverage is geared towards a US audience
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:20pm
The whole coverage.

There wasnt even a oh by the way some little Kenyan just won the 5000m LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So dare I ask, are we suspecting that everyone these days is on PEDs, including Mageean?
Seems an average enough runner in terms of world level, doubt she’d be winning world gold if she’d been born 6 years earlier?

Its not far off that, and ya would feel sorry for those that aren't using them. Some athletics correspondent, might have been Ian O'Riordan or Cathal Dennehy, made the point yesterday that we may have seen the genuinely fastest ever clean time for a womens 1500 metres last night, but we just don't know which one of them it was. That kind of sums up modern athletics. And cycling, and tennis, and a whole host of other sports. 

Storing blood passports in the eventuality that the testing will eventually catch up with the cheats is a good thing, but tis of little consolation to some athlete who gets awarded a medal a decade later when they should have been celebrating on a podium on the night. 

Even that isn't foolproof, as this happened in cycling recently where the Vuelta winner of 2014 was stripped of his title for drugs. The title was then awarded to Chris Froome............

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:10pm
Agreed its not about getting a medal ten years later its about the loss of earnings as a medal winner.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So dare I ask, are we suspecting that everyone these days is on PEDs, including Mageean?
Seems an average enough runner in terms of world level, doubt she’d be winning world gold if she’d been born 6 years earlier?

Its not far off that, and ya would feel sorry for those that aren't using them. Some athletics correspondent, might have been Ian O'Riordan or Cathal Dennehy, made the point yesterday that we may have seen the genuinely fastest ever clean time for a womens 1500 metres last night, but we just don't know which one of them it was. That kind of sums up modern athletics. And cycling, and tennis, and a whole host of other sports. 

Storing blood passports in the eventuality that the testing will eventually catch up with the cheats is a good thing, but tis of little consolation to some athlete who gets awarded a medal a decade later when they should have been celebrating on a podium on the night. 

Even that isn't foolproof, as this happened in cycling recently where the Vuelta winner of 2014 was stripped of his title for drugs. The title was then awarded to Chris Froome............

AFAIK there is only suspicion around Hassan who is a NOP athlete.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Watching too much of it on the BBC managed to totally put me off athletics and the olympics. I just don't watch it.

Watched the Lympics on American tv once.
Million times worse.
Only showed events that Americans won.
Were gutted when the Russian swimmer beat the American favourite.

Shocking that US Olympic coverage is geared towards a US audience
My mate lives in Spain. I was in his gaff during the Rio olympics. Shockingly the coverage focused on Spanish athletes.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:21pm

They've no credibility. Radcliffe sues whoever asks her the difficult questions. It's the colonial mindset.
Yep, exactly the same as those other well-known colonising bastards, the Jamaicans. And the Kenyans. The Cubans. The Nigerians, too. And all this lot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics

P.S. What manner of Brit was Michaela Walsh? Sean Kelly? Cian O'Connor? Stephen Roche? Michael O'Reilly?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 11:22pm

Aye, and that Michael Johnson is the worst of them...
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:29am
I think it's more the manner of 'nothing to see here' when they are involved but if it's the russians, germans, chinese etc then of course they're guilty Disapprove
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

They've no credibility. Radcliffe sues whoever asks her the difficult questions. It's the colonial mindset.
Yep, exactly the same as those other well-known colonising bastards, the Jamaicans. And the Kenyans. The Cubans. The Nigerians, too. And all this lot:

P.S. What manner of Brit was Michaela Walsh? Sean Kelly? Cian O'Connor? Stephen Roche? Michael O'Reilly?

Absolutely raging
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:00am
LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

I think it's more the manner of 'nothing to see here' when they are involved but if it's the russians, germans, chinese etc then of course they're guilty Disapprove

Actually, it is a collaboration between the Sunday Times and ARD/WRD (Germany) which has blown the lid off long-suppressed drug cheating in athletics, when the media in other countries were silent:

And the BBC has also been on the case for some years now, eg via Horizon: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p041l16x  and Panorama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xyC3s4MiT0
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Absolutely raging

Are you?

Why is that?

Edited by Territorial - 07 Oct 2019 at 12:13pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 2:13pm
angry nordie defending colonial master shocker LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

angry nordie defending colonial master shocker LOL
Ah right, I thought I was in the "Drugs in Sport" thread, not the "Lazy Sterotypes Thread For Ignorant Fools With Nothing Useful To Contribute" one.

I'll leave you to it then, while I try to educate myself elsewhere:
That Alberto Salazar - one of the world's most famous athletics coaches - has been found guilty of doping violations will send shockwaves through the sport. Here, Mark Daly - the BBC reporter whose Panorama programme sparked the United States Anti-Doping Agency investigations - reveals the inside story of Salazar's downfall.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:01am
It’s racism that’s the problem now, says the Uncle Tom of modern Britain! He is a **** in every possible way.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It’s racism that’s the problem now, says the Uncle Tom of modern Britain! He is a **** in every possible way.

Edited by Il Principe - 12 Oct 2019 at 12:47pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 6:53pm
Protesting innocence is often the trait of liars Mo.

Can't believe the amount of fawning being done over Kipchoge's time. If ever there was evidence that drugs are rampant in sport, that's the finest example.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
  Share Topic