You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:06am
So I’ll put you down as a maybe then?

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Man City in 2018

First half goals
For 21
Against 6

Second half goals
For 14
Against 13

Does Pep need a better quality of drug for next season Shoco?

Digging up old threads after midnight to try and point score after a European humiliation, feeling a bit precious baggio are we?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Man City in 2018

First half goals
For 21
Against 6

Second half goals
For 14
Against 13

Does Pep need a better quality of drug for next season Shoco?

Digging up old threads after midnight to try and point score after a European humiliation, feeling a bit precious baggio are we?

What's that got to do with anything? Do you want a tracker on me as well now too?
Was watching the championship goals on Sky Sports News and that stat came up. Thought of you and your "City are doped to the eyeballs" sh*te you've been pedalling all season, particularly when they were on that winning run.
Made a light hearted quip about it which ironically you are getting all precious about now.

If you can't take a question on your ridiculous theory, don't spout the sh*te on it.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:41am
ooohhhh touchy

PS,
It's not a theory that PEP got banned for drugs
It's not a theory that City got fined for multiple anti doping violations since pep took over
It's not a theory that pep has worked with doctors that have been banned for life from cycling for doping offences....

Edited by Shoco - 11 Apr 2018 at 9:43am

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:48am
LOLLOL

Very touchy indeed. How dare Shoco bring in things like facts that raise questions. The absolute nerve of him Shocked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:51am
When they're on a winning run - its the drugs man, the drugs!!

When they lose a few games and I make a joke at your previous reasoning for this winning run - ooohhh very touchy.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:53am
Calm down RB don't be upsetting yourself
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:55am
Methinks Shoco and Deise need to calm down a little and stop taking every tongue in cheek comment on their precious whatever section so serious.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Image result for why cant we all just get along gif
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:50pm

So I’ll put you down as a maybe then?

I'd actually say it's very unlikely they are doing anything outright illegal, there is too much to lose for everyone involved, the individual players, Pep, the club itself.

What I would think they are at, and most likely most top & even middling clubs are at, is something along the lines of cycling and their quasi legal drugs, stuff like the actovegin used to treat numerous athletes and footballers by Muller Wolfhart, which is legal (and a powerful performance enhancer, according to Victor Conte of Balco, who knows a lot about these things) if you only receive a certain amount of it, but illegal if injected above a certain amount of it. Much like the stuff Bradley Wiggins is being investigated for taking before he won the TDF. 

There are a lot of grey areas in doping, and when you think of the money involved in football, particularly among the top clubs, it dwarfs most other sports. From what is known about doping in sport, it would nearly be more surprising if clubs weren't trying to exploit these grey areas, given the money and titles at stake. 

What might be possible in the Man City missed tests scenario is that they had a few players being treated at the time for something or other, maybe the Docs were not 100% as to whether some of them might be over a limit for a legal substance, so they disappear the whole squad instead, reasoning that it is unlikely that the whole lot of them will be banned, unlike Rio Ferdinand, who was singled out when he missed a test. I doubt the fine created much of a financial stir in Abu Dhabi. It doesn't make any real big news because as far as the public are concerned, there is no doping in football, so everyone's a winner. 

As regards this section, I'm not in the slightest bit precious about it, I'm just bored of reading childish drivel & whataboutery as I've said before. If you have a point to make about doping in sport, or doping at Man City, by all means make it here, but there are enough other threads in the childrens section to indulge in point scoring, and plenty of other like minded 25-35 year old kids there who will engage with you and respond in similar fashion (which I can only presume is your objective).

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:15pm
I watched the highlights of the Roma game, looking at some of Roma's players after they scored looked like they had just taken one hell of a line.

Roma 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:51pm
I'm always amazed at the lack of footballers caught doping considering the money, fame and what they're surrounded by non stop and I'm not just talking about PED's.

The pressure players are under and clubs also, to succeed or be successful, they 100% have to be bending the rules with regards doping.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I'm always amazed at the lack of footballers caught doping considering the money, fame and what they're surrounded by non stop and I'm not just talking about PED's.

The pressure players are under and clubs also, to succeed or be successful, they 100% have to be bending the rules with regards doping.

Also at the lower end of the scale. Imagine being a L1/L2 level player who with the use of PED's could potentially become a Championship/ lower EPL player. That would make some difference to your lifestyle. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 12 Apr 2018 at 1:56pm
El Puto Amo
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:34pm
Yeah but there's next to no testing at that level, is there? I imagine the testing, where it exists, is more at the higher level.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/31/drug-testing-fa-premier-league-players

39% of EFL players not tested over the course of a season. Plus I imagine it's almost all urine tests - there are things that urine tests don't find.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
I see Mr Armstrong has settled with the US government. A cool 5 million. Landis set to get 25% of that as he filed the lawsuit. 

Great to see the yanks go after him to this extent, pity it didnt go to court and watch the sleazebag squirm, but a victory none the less. 

Edited by cardwizzard - 19 Apr 2018 at 10:17pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:48am

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:37am
Good article. I'd say Graham Hunter regrets his comments.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Good article. I'd say Graham Hunter regrets his comments.
Hunter is a knob. Les Guignols have always been great though. Good article aright.

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 May 2018 at 10:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
  Share Topic