You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drugs in Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

One of his excuse was "I didn't hear the doorbell"

Doesn't help when the testers say they knocked!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:21pm
Well no wonder he couldn't hear it!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 2:27pm
Loads of people miss drug tests, it means feck all really, as he would have been tested at his next race.

Missing these tests though will not help his cause though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:24pm
Would love it if their Olympic here turned out tob be a drug cheat!
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Loads of people miss drug tests, it means feck all really, as he would have been tested at his next race.

depending on what you take it could be out of his system by his next race

any drug users should be doping out of competition, not during

and didnt rio ferdinand get an 8 month ban for missing a test

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 3:58pm
The boys at Quorn are sweating
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Yes,

In athletics you have to make your whereabouts known to the drug testing folks, and if you miss 3 tests you are banned.

I am not sure if the same rule set applies to footballers. in that if you miss 1 test you are banned, as in Ferdinand case, surely there would have been a lot more footballers who would have missed tests?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:30pm

Correct Shoco, this is known as microdosing, where lads take small amounts of banned drugs, carefully calibrated with the aid of dieuretics (also usually banned) to make sure they are clean before a race. The trick isn't to overload on the drugs, or peak at a certain time, it is keeping it just the bare minimum below the legal amount, and maintaining it at that level, so that any improvement will probably be small and can be explained by a remarkable consistency when the accusations start flying. 

Farah, probably guilty, but sure even if he isn't, one or 2 of his competitors will be soon, as they can't beat him as things stand, and somebody will get fed up of it & go for the next step. I don't really know or care much about Farah, but the whole Gatlin thing is just a massive piss take, athletics version of cycling's Chris Horner. Losing battle I'm afraid & always will be, but we could really do without the piss takers if we want to be someway convincing that the competition is even. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm

Yes,

In athletics you have to make your whereabouts known to the drug testing folks, and if you miss 3 tests you are banned.

I am not sure if the same rule set applies to footballers. in that if you miss 1 test you are banned, as in Ferdinand case, surely there would have been a lot more footballers who would have missed tests?

In a lot of sports you must provide the testers with your travel details, but if you feel you have something in your system and can afford to miss a test then why not?

Doping when you are training is what has you ready for competition these days. If done properly there is no need to dope during competition when you are much more likely to be tested.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Correct Shoco, this is known as microdosing, where lads take small amounts of banned drugs, carefully calibrated with the aid of dieuretics (also usually banned) to make sure they are clean before a race. The trick isn't to overload on the drugs, or peak at a certain time, it is keeping it just the bare minimum below the legal amount, and maintaining it at that level, so that any improvement will probably be small and can be explained by a remarkable consistency when the accusations start flying. 

Farah, probably guilty, but sure even if he isn't, one or 2 of his competitors will be soon, as they can't beat him as things stand, and somebody will get fed up of it & go for the next step. I don't really know or care much about Farah, but the whole Gatlin thing is just a massive piss take, athletics version of cycling's Chris Horner. Losing battle I'm afraid & always will be, but we could really do without the piss takers if we want to be someway convincing that the competition is even. 

some people call it marginal gains

nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 5:00pm
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/18/mo-farah-fresh-questions-missed-drug-tests

"Graham Arthur, Ukad’s legal director, said the agency followed a “detailed protocol” if an athlete did not answer the door to a doping control officer immediately at the prescribed hour.
“They are required to make reasonable efforts to locate the athlete. Ringing the doorbell every 10 or 15 minutes, knocking and staying for the full hour,” he said. “We often ask them to stay just past the hour on the off-chance the athlete is running late. We want to collect the sample, we don’t want them to miss the test.”

Didn't hear the doorbell my eye!! 
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 5:07pm
Would anyone like to see the juiced up Olympics top athletes juiced up competing against each other.

9second 100m races etc.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Would anyone like to see the juiced up Olympics top athletes juiced up competing against each other.

9second 100m races etc.

👍

Have said this on a number of occasions
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 5:38pm

Yes,

In a lot of sports you must provide the testers with your travel details, but if you feel you have something in your system and can afford to miss a test then why not?

Doping when you are training is what has you ready for competition these days. If done properly there is no need to dope during competition when you are much more likely to be tested.

The doping tests in Athletics is usually done out of competition and done at random, how often this is done depends on what level the athlete is at, obviously some slip through the net.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 6:34pm
I'm surprised Paul Kimmage isn't all over this like Jimmy Saville at a girl scouts convention
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

9second 100m races etc.

👍

Have said this on a number of occasions

Do ye think this hasn't already happened LOL?? 

Start by taking a look at the line up from the 1992 100M mens final in Barcelona, not that is it the only single race of obvious dopers in history or anything, but it firmly resides in the piss taking category of drug taking. A bunch of lads who wouldn't look out of place in the WWE running sub 10 second times. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 8:36pm

some people call it marginal gains

Yer getting as cynical as I am LOL

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm surprised Paul Kimmage isn't all over this like Jimmy Saville at a girl scouts convention

He's too busy getting sued at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 44>
  Share Topic