You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driving in Europe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving in Europe?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 7:48pm
For anyone that plans on driving in Europe in June be it, in a car/truck or campervan, just wondering what you plan is on going home? Head for Kiev on the 19th for a Q/F or make your way back to Ireland? Just wondering as I wont be driving myself, If we get knocked out I have 12days from the 18th to the 30th of June to kill before I catch my flight. Anyone planning on travelling a bit of Europe if we get knocked out or anything like that?
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
Sponsored Links

c90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

For anyone that plans on driving in Europe in June be it, in a car/truck or campervan, just wondering what you plan is on going home? Head for Kiev on the 19th for a Q/F or make your way back to Ireland? Just wondering as I wont be driving myself, If we get knocked out I have 12days from the 18th to the 30th of June to kill before I catch my flight. Anyone planning on travelling a bit of Europe if we get knocked out or anything like that?
few travel ideas for when qualify here.
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 8:09pm
We're setting off from Rosslare in a minibus/campervan/hilton on wheels  on Tuesday 5th of June, will be in Holland Wednesday evening. Probably gonna do a couple of nights out in Germany on the way to Poland. After that there is no plan. If we qualify for the next round obviously we'll be driving to wherever it is and I'll end up in trouble with work whenever I get back. If we don't get through I might go to one of the quarter-finals in Poland and then fly home.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:10pm
Cheers Ciaran didnt spot that, nice plan connor, hoping to do a bit of travelling if we get knocked out before i catch my flight, or else if we get through its off to Kiev... Just wondering about other peoples plans on coming home/ heading to kiev for a q/f and if anyone else plans on doing a bit of travelling through Germany, Holland Belgium if were knocked out.. . .
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
i think this is what people mean when the say the roi section gone to sh*te dont think there is a need to open a thread on drving in poland ffs
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Leesidejim View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leesidejim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
We're flying from Cork to Amsterdam on the 13th renting a mini bus and driving straight to Germany and spending a night in a place called Lauenau for the night which is just off the autobahn than up nice and early and driving straight to Gdansk for the Spanish match, for the rest off the stay were basing ourselves in a place called ciechocinek just down the road from ToruĊ„
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:15pm
No but there is reason for suggesting and helping fans with how they plan on travelling in Europe before during and after the finals 'ffs'.
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

No but there is reason for suggesting and helping fans with how they plan on travelling in Europe before during and after the finals 'ffs'.

aint arguing with that i do think its prob better to keep it all in the one thread, open up a thread on what pocket to keep your phone in too while your at it.
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:34pm
Not having a pop here but this is perfect example of why we need a new section until after the euro's, to lump in all the travel threads, accom threads, ticket threads etc
vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:39pm
need a lift from berlin to gdansk anybody headin that way let me knowBig smile
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:48pm
Agree Nvidic, and I do  be annoyed by pointless threads aswell but dont think this is a pointless one, type of thread to help fans get lifts from venue to venue/city to city where there are free seats etc...
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:53pm
Leaving poznan on the 19th and heading for Prague then onto Munich on the 20th and flying home on the 21stThumbs Up
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:36pm
Have ya room? Would love ta join if ye had?
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by vinny 2012 vinny 2012 wrote:

need a lift from berlin to gdansk anybody headin that way let me knowBig smile

Might be able to sort ya out there buddy,8 of us heading to Gdansk from Salzburg  via Berlin!ill send you a Pm!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:13am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not having a pop here but this is perfect example of why we need a new section until after the euro's, to lump in all the travel threads, accom threads, ticket threads etc

someone heard you Smile
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 4:03pm
Someone from this thread looks to have been sorted for a lift, so there is a point to this thread..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic