You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doping in sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:39pm
Supposed to be recreational drug that the sample got.What a f**king idiot if true.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
Absolute f**king clown.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:43pm
While stupid if true, he shouldn't be banned for something that did his training more harm than good.
I also offer up twenty quid towards Landy asking that question to his face.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 7:00pm
Seem's he can have a B sample taken over in Rio and see what that throws up if he want's to challenge the A sample.
@ PM that spineless little **** would not be able to tear himself away from coming all over his keyboard to pose that question to the lad
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 7:53pm
He tweeted there earlier saying he is fighting on the 12th
https://twitter.com/michaeloreillyb/status/761265792067461121
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
B sample. 

Wonder how that will go ? 

Seems like the lad was an idiot if tis a recreational drug he is being done for, the IABA released a very strongly anti drugs statement this evening, between that & the fact the competition even within Irish boxing (never mind the Olympic qualifiers after the National championships) to go to the Olympics is so strong, he may have already blown his only chance, which would be a pity. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:02pm
What a f**king prick, the IOC should take him to court and sue him for every cent they put into him.

It's a bigger kick in the teeth to the IOC that this was a recreational drug rather than a PED, show he couldn't give a f**k

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:11pm
Lizzie Armitstead interviewed on sky there.  Her excuses seemed dodgy I thought.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Lizzie Armitstead interviewed on sky there.  Her excuses seemed dodgy I thought.

British Media lapping it up as as well. She didn't appeal the 1st missed test until it looked like she'd miss Rio FFS
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Supposed to be recreational drug that the sample got.What a f**king idiot if true.
Any link to this allegation ?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Seem's he can have a B sample taken over in Rio and see what that throws up if he want's to challenge the A sample.
@ PM that spineless little **** would not be able to tear himself away from coming all over his keyboard to pose that question to the lad

The B sample is taken the same time as the A sample, it's just kept sealed until the test is requested. It's a control for the A sample to cover for possible lab condition errors etc. Far as I'm aware anyway.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:09pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/04/rio-olympics-2016-irish-boxer-michael-oreilly-failed-doping-test/
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:12pm
UK Times saying Brazil 'stopped doping tests' for a few months before the Olympics. Wonder why ?

Other news , CAS says banning previously doped athletes isn't enforceable. 

It actually is, but that isn't the point I suppose, the point is that it would make the whole house of cards fall down, which would make sponsors very uncomfortable, if they started withdrawing, this would lead to IOC lads having to cut back on hotels & big dinners & flying business class, and maybe Nike wouldn't sell as many shoes and so on & so on. 

The oul Russians have nearly been forgotten about already & the thing hasn't even started yet. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The B sample is taken the same time as the A sample, it's just kept sealed until the test is requested. It's a control for the A sample to cover for possible lab condition errors etc. Far as I'm aware anyway.
Was not aware of this so he is most likely fcked so
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/04/rio-olympics-2016-irish-boxer-michael-oreilly-failed-doping-test/
Thumbs Up
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:28pm
First thing I said when I heard this on the radio earlier: "That lad's from Portlaoise. I bet anything it's probably weed or coke he's after testing positive for!" LOL

I know he's a dope for being at that (if true obviously, we don't know the details yet) but it's hardly performance enhancing is it? I'd consider him more of an eejit than a cheat.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

First thing I said when I heard this on the radio earlier: "That lad's from Portlaoise. I bet anything it's probably weed or coke he's after testing positive for!" LOL

I know he's a dope for being at that (if true obviously, we don't know the details yet) but it's hardly performance enhancing is it? I'd consider him more of an eejit than a cheat.

Well actually it can be, you have a big event, you take something to take take the pressure off, let you relax a bit more, take away the nerves. Thats giving you an advantage

Downhill mountain bikers are tested for weed for these reasons

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:01am
Front page of the papers Confused 

Seriously - drugs in sport is so rampant - is it really worth this much coverage 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic