You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doping in sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:03pm
Nope, it's a farce

I think many people would agree that the show piece of the Olympics is the mens 100m sprint, but when Justin Gatlin is one of the favourites running times better than he was when twice suspended for doping, well it just make a mockery of the whole event, especially with the Russians been banned.

In saying that i will watch the mens road race at the weekend, but i couldn't care for the rest

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Does anyone give a sh*t about the Olympics anymore? Stopped watching it a long long time ago. 
A lot of pharmacists do.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Supposedly you must give a 1 hour slot each day that you will be available to be tested,

I assume the 6am time was given as you kinda know where you will be in advance, bed!!

it should be noted that she did pass an in competition test the next day

All that would suggest to me is microdosing. 

It should also be noted that she didn't appeal the first missed whereabouts test at the time, seemingly all an athlete has to do there is appeal & give an excuse, it is then either accepted or it isn't. If you are a clean athlete, I would imagine these aren't the type of things you would want hanging over ya, and you would think, clean or not, the last thing you would want to be doing is miss another 2 after the first one. 

And this first (uncontested at the time) test was only beaten by a legal technicality ? 

Aye, right, clean as a whistle, away ya go. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:12am
Do the women have fake piss flaps? Like the men have fake flutes when cheating on the drugs testing?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Do the women have fake piss flaps? Like the men have fake flutes when cheating on the drugs testing?
They just produce a sample from a whiskey bottle 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:00am
Lizzie didn't challenge her missed tests until her place in Rio became under threat......
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:43am
On the other side of the coin here, has anyone that has actively missed tests challenged the missed tests or do they take it on the chin and move on?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:58am
People were a lot less sympathetic towards Rio Ferdinand when he missed 1 drugs test and got banned for 8 months. He also passed a test the day after.
Theres only one sport that matters..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:59am
He was hung out to dry on that for sure.

Is there anything more to his ban that the public are not aware of? Seems awfully harsh.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

People were a lot less sympathetic towards Rio Ferdinand when he missed 1 drugs test and got banned for 8 months. He also passed a test the day after.

That certainly wasn't an IQ test

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

That certainly wasn't an IQ test

LOLLOL

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:15am
LOLLOL
Theres only one sport that matters..
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 1:20pm
She's tweeted her reasons for the missed tests

https://twitter.com/L_ArmiTstead/status/760776866437496832
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

She's tweeted her reasons for the missed tests

https://twitter.com/L_ArmiTstead/status/760776866437496832

She can say what she likes but its just going to cloud over her Olympics and she may as well just pull out now. Tough luck if she is innocent but a series of unfortunate incidents she should just take on the chin.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:05pm
Looks like one of our olympic boxers  has tested positive just before they left for Rio

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Looks like one of our olympic boxers  has tested positive just before they left for Rio
According to a report in the Irish Examiner, an unnamed Irish male boxer has allegedly tested positive for a banned substance.

It is understood that the test was done in Ireland before the Olympic team left for Rio in recent days, with the result only emerging today.

There hasn’t yet been any confirmation of the alleged positive sample from Sport Ireland or the Olympic Council of Ireland.

There are seven Irish men boxing at the Games.

A spokesman for Sport Ireland told the Irish Examiner it is precluded from making any comment on any anti-doping matters because of the quasi-judicial nature of how the system is managed. It has never commented on any matters of this nature and would not be doing so in this instance, the spokesman said.

The world amateur Boxing Federation, the AIBA, has said it cannot confirm that an Irish boxer has failed a drugs test, despite reports. They say it's currently a matter for the Irish authority.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:00pm
Named as Michael o Reilly from Portlaoise, will be interesting to see what effect it has on the boxing team now
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm
Is he a them-un or one of our lot?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic