You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentaries on the web

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:41am
Hoop Dreams. Just watched it. Only heard about it on Off The Ball the other night. Best sports documentary ever. Do yourselves a favour and watch this lads.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:28am
Deliver Us From Evil

An Oscar nominated documentary from a few years back about a paedophile Irish priest in California.  When the church elders found out about him, he was simply moved on to another parish.

There's a scene in the movie where the father of one of the victims breaks down in tears because he knows he facilitated the abuse of his daughter by inviting the priest to stay at their home.  Truly he is a picture of a broken man.  It makes you ashamed to be Catholic.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

watched the war on democracy - top drawer stuff
have the death of yugoslavia readyto go now

Great documentary. Richard Holbrooke only died recently.

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:22am
Anyone seen any good ones recently?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 5:02pm
anyone seen this one, about the corrib gas pipe?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-pipe

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 2:55pm
have it on record on the digibox count - on more 4 tomorrow night
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Gem View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 3:14pm
Have you seen Senna? Great documentary more like an action film at times, thrilling but heartbreaking stuff. Few links on letmewatchthis.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

anyone seen this one, about the corrib gas pipe?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-pipe

anyone watch it earlier?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by boywonder boywonder wrote:

Hoop Dreams. Just watched it. Only heard about it on Off The Ball the other night. Best sports documentary ever. Do yourselves a favour and watch this lads.
seen that a while back top classClap

other excellent docs

'A funny thing happened on the way to the moon' -

best doc i ever seen 'paradise lost' - about 3 goth kids in redneck america framed for the murder of 3 young boys, amazing documentary...must watch.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 3:25am
i watched catfish last week very good if it wasn't staged

inside job was the balls aswell deserved its oscar
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:01pm
anyone got any good documentaries they've watched? saw one on the civil war in sri lanka which reached boiling point in 2008. It was prepared by channel 4 and provides conclusive evidence of war crimes in that country. not sure if any people are being prosecuted but raises serious questions not only to the sri lankan goverment but also the UN's handling of the whole situation (as usual, a complete f**k up).

Edited by The Drifter - 21 Dec 2011 at 9:02pm
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Ciano316 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciano316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:28pm
You might want to have a look at a few of these... The two Escobars is what brought me to them Thumbs Up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30
I Love Loft.
twitter - @Ciano316
superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:40pm
watched this today very good if your interested in the army's side of the troubles  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-UuwnX7Zs&feature=related

and if your very intrested here is like a 5hour long documentary  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmbWuaTJvE&feature=related

Btw people who are planning a day on the coach and like history of the troubles i just made your day.

Edited by superdfc - 21 Dec 2011 at 9:46pm
superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by superdfc superdfc wrote:

watched this today very good if your interested in the army's side of the troubles  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-UuwnX7Zs&feature=related

and if your very intrested here is like a 5hour long documentary  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmbWuaTJvE&feature=related

Btw people who are planning a day on the coach and like history of the troubles i just made your day.

And sort but sweet. The best day of my childhood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg9CbAoD8Dw

Edited by superdfc - 21 Dec 2011 at 9:54pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:52am
Who Killed the Electric Car was on the other night. Only caught part of it but from what i saw it was extremely interesting  http://vimeo.com/19863733
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 6:18pm
Trailer for a great documentary.

boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:58am
Cuban Punch Up- the boys who fought for castro. Its a good one about young kids boxing in Cuba. worth a look.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 3:03pm
As suggested earlier in the thread

The Death of Yugoslavia (Part 1)

Excellent 6 part documentary about the wars in Yugoslavia in the early to mid 90's
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic