You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you pay the tv licence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Poll Question: Do you cough up?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
50 [58.82%]
35 [41.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 12:40pm
My missus paid it in January without me knowing. Tbf, I probably would have just paid it anyway. 

Local property tax is a bigger scam IMO.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

We’re also seeing the check on RTE playing out at the moment. In real banana republics the state run broadcaster is unanswerable.

With the bailout RTE will need, along with the emerging scandal of bogus self-employment, you can argue that RTE are as indebted to the current government more than ever. 

Edited by The Huntacha - 16 Feb 2024 at 3:52am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 9:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

We’re also seeing the check on RTE playing out at the moment. In real banana republics the state run broadcaster is unanswerable.

With the bailout RTE will need, along with the emerging scandal of bogus self-employment, you can argue that RTE are as indebted to the current government more than ever. 
But the government spend people's money, not their own.
Leo's not paying this out of his own pocket!

Edited by Borussia - 16 Feb 2024 at 9:15am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

My missus paid it in January without me knowing. Tbf, I probably would have just paid it anyway. 

Personally I think the LPT is too low.  Would prefer if work was taxed less and financed by a tax on high value assets that is stable and not transactional and went into local councils as much as possible to let them control their budget more.  The removal of rates in 1977 was not a good decision imo. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Personally I think the LPT is too low.  Would prefer if work was taxed less and financed by a tax on high value assets that is stable and not transactional and went into local councils as much as possible to let them control their budget more.  The removal of rates in 1977 was not a good decision imo. 

My LPT is very high. At least 3 times the amount of the TV license.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 11:01am

Even though I was 10 I concurThumbs Up Liverpool should of done the treble that season too, Manure ***tsAngry and the Dirty Dubs won the AIThumbs Down
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 11:08am

My LPT is very high. At least 3 times the amount of the TV license.

In European terms that is pretty low for a property tax/rates/council tax

Less than 500 per year, I think less tax on work and multiply that by 5 would be a better system.  

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Feb 2024 at 11:08am
AKA pedantic kunt
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 2:35pm
Don't pay the tv license nor do I pay property tax. Built a new house, paid development charge to council, paid for my ESB connection, have my own well and septic tank. It's double taxation and pure greed. I know they will come get it eventfully. 

USC is another load of bollox. Cost 4.4b to abolish it while the rainy day fund has multiples of that. Keep attacking the working the middle class and keep building up the rainy day fund to bail the boys out again. 

Edited by Mush Cassidys Donkey - 16 Feb 2024 at 2:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic