You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you miss the pub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Poll Question: Do you miss the pub?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [46.88%]
14 [21.88%]
20 [31.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:25pm
always liked the stags head...but it’s a sweatbox when full.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

It looks like restaurants only next week. I think this was always coming because every local pub in the country was more or less doing nacks with their regulars to avoid food. The new rule appears to be that you must have a chef.
Yep, the anti pub crusade continuing. They'll drag it out as long as they can to get as many pubs possible to go bust and not reopen. The sooner the better vaccines are available and the  eu put a stop to the cheap money. I was reading earlier that the Global Alcohol Policy Conference went ahead in Dublin in March on the week after the government forced the postponement of the Ireland Italy 6N match. Funny that.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It looks like restaurants only next week. I think this was always coming because every local pub in the country was more or less doing nacks with their regulars to avoid food. The new rule appears to be that you must have a chef.
Yep, the anti pub crusade continuing. They'll drag it out as long as they can to get as many pubs possible to go bust and not reopen. The sooner the better vaccines are available and the  eu put a stop to the cheap money. I was reading earlier that the Global Alcohol Policy Conference went ahead in Dublin in March on the week after the government forced the postponement of the Ireland Italy 6N match. Funny that.
I'm very suspicious that the government want us to carry on like Europeans. One bottle of alcohol or a cup of coffee and away home.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 11:03pm

I'm very suspicious that the government want us to carry on like Europeans. One bottle of alcohol or a cup of coffee and away home.

The Europeans get to drink coffee and have a bottle of beer outdoors for most of the year basking in sunshine.

We live in the rain. Drink and a few pints are our compromise. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 11:53pm

Ya open every pub coming up to xmas. Mmmmm wonder why that would be a bad idea? We all have been in pubs we know the score what goes on. I like all of us want to get out of this mess as soon as we can and if that means we have sacrifice the pubs then so be it.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:46am
Anti pub crusade. FFS.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya open every pub coming up to xmas. Mmmmm wonder why that would be a bad idea? We all have been in pubs we know the score what goes on. I like all of us want to get out of this mess as soon as we can and if that means we have sacrifice the pubs then so be it.

Every pub I was in during the summer obeyed the rules (well maybe not the 105 minutes) with seating only and table service. I don't know why this can't be done again for Christmas. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Every pub I was in during the summer obeyed the rules (well maybe not the 105 minutes) with seating only and table service. I don't know why this can't be done again for Christmas. 
I was in one pub which seemed a bit loose with the rules on seating. I don't know do some people think what goes on in Diceys or Coppers is what all bars are like?

Most people just go into pubs and have a drink or a chat with friends. I'm not one to get annoyed with government decisions but some of the decision making over the last year has been very odd. It seems like they come up with something, leak some of it to the media and then they thinker with it depending on the reaction.

Have the county levels been thrown out too?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The Dice Bar announced it was closing for good today.

I thought they were loaded

Given the owner has said he plans to head to Cuba I'd say yeah. 

Interview here he comes across as a right prick

I don't get that from the interview why do you say that? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Celt on talbot street is my favourite pub for a session - can’t wait to get back into it for a session 
Went in with great expectations, and had good craic, but operated IMO due to the tourists at the times I was there. 

There’s usually a good mix of locals, culchies, nordies and tourists. You can get the odd day where it can be “tourist heavy” to be fair. Regardless, have been going there 20 years now and love it!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:30am
https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1332119453568540672?s=19

So open pubs will lead too house parties and closed pubs won't , jesus you couldn't make it up

The return of the meal and 105 mins is upon us for the festive season 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 5:53pm
No pubs for Christmas. However, you can sit down in the bookies and watch a match.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 7:38pm

No pubs for Christmas. However, you can sit down in the bookies and watch a match.

You can bet on whether you get coronavirus
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

So open pubs will lead too house parties and closed pubs won't , jesus you couldn't make it up

No, they can.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

No, they can.

Course they can. Joe blogs  meet up with a few friends in town in a restaurant or gastropub, they have meal and few drinks, when meal is over they don't want to stop and get a bag of cans on the way home and go back to Joe's. 
However, I think its x10 times more likely that same bunch of friends don't even go to restaurant and just organise the session in Joe's house anyway.

People that are going to flaunt the rules are doing it anyway. As long as restaurants are enforcing the 2 metre rule then I dont think you are going to be increase the infection rate too much higher by facilitating people to meet socially in a restaurant versus not enforcing the household guidelines and people are meeting up in groups anyway. Having restaurants and gastropubs open has a big social and economic benefit.

Hopefully this is it to stay now. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:19am
Without looking for the info too much, I cannot seem to see it reported anywhere about the time rule.. will the time limit still be a thing? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:45am
yes if they can’t do the 2m distance which was the rule the last time too but nobody seemed to know so they just did the time limit for some reason. 
AKA pedantic kunt
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 7:58pm
So there is no time limit if the tables are 2m or more apart?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic