You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you miss the pub?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Poll Question: Do you miss the pub?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [46.88%]
14 [21.88%]
20 [31.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

So there is no time limit if the tables are 2m or more apart?
There never was. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

No pubs for Christmas. However, you can sit down in the bookies and watch a match.

Presumably you would have to wear a mask in the bookies and your not getting pissed
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

No pubs for Christmas. However, you can sit down in the bookies and watch a match.

Presumably you would have to wear a mask in the bookies and your not getting pissed
You are not obliged to get pissed in a pub. It is more than possible to go to a pub, have a few and keep a reasonable distance. I would feel much safer in a pub, certainly ones that I know are well run,  than most other businesses, especially a bookies at home. My experience of them, especially from the few months I worked in one, was personal space was not something you were allowed as some fella tried to read a newspaper tacked to the wall.

The laws over here are so contradictory and confusing that many people are getting frustrated. A lot of pubs aren't reopening as they are forced to be restaurants in tier 2. I know one that spent ten grand on opening last time, only to be closed again. It feels like these well run places are being punished unfairly, especially as I can go and get a hair cut or join the fun at Primark and, most bizarre of all, you can go to a gym and swap every fluid imaginable with a stranger. 
When you can do the above, I don't see why I can't sit at the opposite side of a table from someone and have a pint with him.
Either have a lockdown, or don't. Trying to keep everyone happy, with stupid rules for Christmas and the like, is just stupidity.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:08pm

I found the enforcement of masks to be hit or miss in bookies.Have ya ever seen fellas rush to the counter before a race? That didn't stop the last time anyway.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You are not obliged to get pissed in a pub. It is more than possible to go to a pub, have a few and keep a reasonable distance. I would feel much safer in a pub, certainly ones that I know are well run,  than most other businesses, especially a bookies at home. My experience of them, especially from the few months I worked in one, was personal space was not something you were allowed as some fella tried to read a newspaper tacked to the wall.

The laws over here are so contradictory and confusing that many people are getting frustrated. A lot of pubs aren't reopening as they are forced to be restaurants in tier 2. I know one that spent ten grand on opening last time, only to be closed again. It feels like these well run places are being punished unfairly, especially as I can go and get a hair cut or join the fun at Primark and, most bizarre of all, you can go to a gym and swap every fluid imaginable with a stranger. 
When you can do the above, I don't see why I can't sit at the opposite side of a table from someone and have a pint with him.
Either have a lockdown, or don't. Trying to keep everyone happy, with stupid rules for Christmas and the like, is just stupidity.

Covid is taking a christmas break and going home to Wuhan to its parents for the festive period but promises to return inJanuary hence why it is perfectly safe to reopen pubs, gyms, restaurants and bookies.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:18pm
No takeaway pints were allowed last night. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Covid is taking a christmas break and going home to Wuhan to its parents for the festive period but promises to return inJanuary hence why it is perfectly safe to reopen pubs, gyms, restaurants and bookies.

Don’t think anyone has who is not a lobbyist said it’s perfectly safe to re open the places you mention above. 

The safest thing from a covid point of view is to lockdown completely.  Whether that’s the best thing to do from an economic and health (in its totality) perspective is a slightly different thing.  

It’s about balance I suppose and Ireland isn’t doing as bad as many people on both side of
The argument would suggest via social media whether they are the zero covid island group or
The let’s open the whole place up group.  
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:41am
Very hard to find an evening booking on a Friday or Saturday night. 

Anyone know what places are doing walk-ins and have tables spaced more than 2m apart?
I think the Camden is one but are there others?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:05am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
I heard trap and sid booked them all under their various aliases and plan to do a no show in a cunning plan to give a two fingers to those who have a life.

Edited by Baldrick - 04 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone know what places are doing walk-ins and have tables spaced more than 2m apart?

Ah Andy come on, very naïve to be looking for something last minute after a 6 week drought. Will your local not look after regulars? 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Ah Andy come on, very naïve to be looking for something last minute after a 6 week drought. Will your local not look after regulars? 

I’m looking for next Saturday. 

I’ve no local since the belgard closed down so I’m a regular nowhere anyway!
Aim to change that when things open back up!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I heard trap and sid booked them all under their various aliases and plan to do a no show in a cunning plan to give a two fingers to those who have a life.

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:55am

LOL
Don't know how common it is in Dublin, but a lot of places are taking a deposit here to prevent this. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 10:57am
I'm presuming that the pubs will still be closing early like they were last time. In light of this I think an afternoon start is the only way to get good value for your stint in the boozer. Think I'll leave the office at 3 today.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:08am

I’m looking for next Saturday. 

I’ve no local since the belgard closed down so I’m a regular nowhere anyway!
Aim to change that when things open back up!
Devitts do walk ins.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:09am

I'm presuming that the pubs will still be closing early like they were last time. In light of this I think an afternoon start is the only way to get good value for your stint in the boozer. Think I'll leave the office at 3 today.
11 30 closing i 5think 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 11:18am

LOL
Don't know how common it is in Dublin, but a lot of places are taking a deposit here to prevent this. 

Dont worry nothing gets past the Happy Pair, they have set up revolut aliases for Rangers Billy and the rest. 

I plan to have a good day of it myself on Sunday.  

Starting with a trip to Penny's for essential kids clothes and some Jack Charlton t shirts which are also essential.  Then off to dixons for a mouse and a keyboard followed by a trip to Walkinstown roundabout to mark the passing of Maurice Setters and to shake an inflatable shamrock.  Masked and socially distanced of course.  

Finally end up with a feed of pints and 9 euro chicken wings.   

Ole ole ole 

Edited by Baldrick - 04 Dec 2020 at 11:32am
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic