You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: They have had their man for weeks but cant name him for legal reasons
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [20.51%]
62 [79.49%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'm looking forward to hearing why this contractual issue precluded them from naming Mr.X
That’s explain it, you’ll ignore it and then move on to the next thing e.g. The Sammie Szmodics thread.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:24pm
Can't vote but a big NO from me . 

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Inkennywetrust View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkennywetrust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:24pm
I believe they had an arrangement to appoint Sagnol in April but neither party expected Georgia to qualify for the Euro's so now it's either scuppered or delayed. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'm looking forward to hearing why this contractual issue precluded them from naming Mr.X
That’s explain it, you’ll ignore it and then move on to the next thing e.g. The Sammie Szmodics thread.

I'd respect your opinion if you weren't so far up the FAI's hole.  I'm sure you are on their payroll.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Well ya see now ya see this is what i think. Unless they were to run into a wild blind bit of luck if they hadnt someone lined up then how could they possibly explain it all away? They couldnt could they? And they cant appoint JOS cause they said they had the negotiations almost wrapped up weeks ago. Unless Carsley let them down big style at the end but i doubt it cause if they were that far along he wouldnt back out at that stage. Who this mystery man is tho we will have to wait and see. Richard Kimble is out there somewhere. 

Carsley should have had the decency to rule himself out publicly alot earlier if he wasn’t going to take it.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Well ya see now ya see this is what i think. Unless they were to run into a wild blind bit of luck if they hadnt someone lined up then how could they possibly explain it all away? They couldnt could they? And they cant appoint JOS cause they said they had the negotiations almost wrapped up weeks ago. Unless Carsley let them down big style at the end but i doubt it cause if they were that far along he wouldnt back out at that stage. Who this mystery man is tho we will have to wait and see. Richard Kimble is out there somewhere. 

Carsley should have had the decency to rule himself out publicly alot earlier if he wasn’t going to take it.

Why? He did nothing wrong. He wasn’t the one creating the headlines so why should he out himself in that position?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:56pm
I agree Carsley was taking the piss and should have ruled himself out.  Just like Alonso is ending speculation by stating he is staying put.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:09pm

I agree Carsley was taking the piss and should have ruled himself out.  Just like Alonso is ending speculation by stating he is staying put.

Taking the piss how? Carsley is an u21s manager who hadn't a game since last November, hes completely out of the limelight in England. He wasn't before any media until this month when the u21s had their first fixture of 2024 when the question was finally put to him and he put it to bed quick enough.

Sure all the doubting thomases like yourself would probably refuse to believe him anyway even with it coming from the horses mouth.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:52pm
I'm not sure what's going on, if they were waiting on poyet or sagnol how would they know which one will be available coz if Greece qualified then surely poyet would stay and same with sagnol so they couldn't have an agreement in place with either of them.... 
If they do pull a rabbit out of the hat and produce a manager that has been totally off the radar then fair play to them but I can't see it. 
Have they been caught now with carsley declaring he's out maybe..i feel poyet is the last man standing here ......
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:02pm
100% no. I would be absolutely shocked if they announced someone in the next two weeks who this applied to. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Taking the piss how? Carsley is an u21s manager who hadn't a game since last November, hes completely out of the limelight in England. He wasn't before any media until this month when the u21s had their first fixture of 2024 when the question was finally put to him and he put it to bed quick enough.

Sure all the doubting thomases like yourself would probably refuse to believe him anyway even with it coming from the horses mouth.

He knew the FAI were after him for at least 18 months back.  I dont believe a word out of his mouth that he met them for a coffee in November and that was it.  Probably haggling for more money for months dragging it out.  He was only ever a half hearted Plastic Padddy anyway. 

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Why? He did nothing wrong. He wasn’t the one creating the headlines so why should he out himself in that position?

I agree, “technically” he did nothing wrong - from a decency point of view, he did. 

I’m like a broken record now, but delighted he’s not going to be the next Ireland manager. Wish him the best with England and he’d have been mad to leave that gig for the Ireland job)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:31am
Just give Roy the job and end the speculation. And play the matches in Cork, Dublin is a sithole.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:34am
Bad spelling, Dublin is a sihthole
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:02pm
They had a panel looking for a manager after Staunton's departure. However, Trapattoni became available and everybody forgot about the panel and all the interviews it had conducted. It became irrelevant.

Something similar may happen here. The FAI announce someone, and it's an acceptable choice. Previous statements about experience, contracts, etc, won't matter.

However, if the FAI announce John O'Shea it will leave them totally exposed. It would go beyond the bullsh*tting you expect into the realms of deliberate lying.

There'd have to be consequences for that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

They had a panel looking for a manager after Staunton's departure. However, Trapattoni became available and everybody forgot about the panel and all the interviews it had conducted. It became irrelevant.

Something similar may happen here. The FAI announce someone, and it's an acceptable choice. Previous statements about experience, contracts, etc, won't matter.

However, if the FAI announce John O'Shea it will leave them totally exposed. It would go beyond the bullsh*tting you expect into the realms of deliberate lying.

There'd have to be consequences for that.

The 3 wise men were fooking useless.

Do you know who put them in touch with Trapattoni? 

Eddie Jordan

Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm
The 3 wise men played their role well. They acted as a shield for John Delaney. He had put his own neck on the line with the Staunton appointment. But they would take the flak for a bad choice.

In the end, Trap came in and Delaney took the credit.

Now we are left to wonder who will come in and save Canham.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

The 3 wise men played their role well. They acted as a shield for John Delaney. He had put his own neck on the line with the Staunton appointment. But they would take the flak for a bad choice.

In the end, Trap came in and Delaney took the credit.

Now we are left to wonder who will come in and save Canham.

Fabio Capello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic