You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:47pm
Surely they are at an advantage on the pitch?

I'm convinced oriel was worth 10 points a season to Dundalk during their good years.

Edited by Saint Tom - 23 May 2023 at 12:47pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 1:05pm
Their away record was better last season than their home record (Dropped 4 more points at home)

Same this season, they haven't lost away and have lost 3 times at home already
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I was talking to a former Derry City player about this and he believes the pitch is a nightmare for the team, some of them say it cost them the league last year and they all want to play on grass. Ownership by the Council is the problem, that and the fact that it is over-used.
Would say Higgins tactics/approach are a bigger point loser than the pitch.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Surely they are at an advantage on the pitch?

I'm convinced oriel was worth 10 points a season to Dundalk during their good years.

If possible, Oriel is probably in worse condition now.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I was talking to a former Derry City player about this and he believes the pitch is a nightmare for the team, some of them say it cost them the league last year and they all want to play on grass. Ownership by the Council is the problem, that and the fact that it is over-used.

On a side note to this, I see Larne's synthetic pitch failed UEFA testing and they have to nominate another ground. Rumoured that the over use of the pitch contributed to it failing. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 10:00pm
At lot of smug fellas on social media last night have a lot egg on their faces now.....KOH
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 11:57pm
Bad performance tonight bar the first 10mins. Silly mistake and Gaffney took full advantage. We never looked like breaking them down and fair play Rovers defended v well. I know we're missing a few of our better players through injury but badly need a striker too. Maybe the Seanie Maguire rumours are true 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:29pm
Slow again tonight, serious lack of creativity and pace up top. Only a wonder stike got us back in it. 1-1 about right. Shels are awful to play. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 7:27am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Slow again tonight, serious lack of creativity and pace up top. Only a wonder stike got us back in it. 1-1 about right. Shels are awful to play. 
Nothing to do with Shels. Derry are like that every match. Higgins an awful coach who got lucky last season. Poor league overall. Rovers coasting in 2nd gear.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:51am
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:10am
Are there any plans to upgrade the stadium? It's fairly outdated. Something behind the goals is needed.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Are there any plans to upgrade the stadium? It's fairly outdated. Something behind the goals is needed.

That was the upgradeLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That was the upgradeLOL

Ah I know they had an upgrade but more needs to be done. Would look much better. Even small terraces behind the goal.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That was the upgradeLOL

Ah I know they had an upgrade but more needs to be done. Would look much better. Even small terraces behind the goal.
Planning permission in for a standing terrace at brandywell road end(next to away fans). On a football note. Barnsley in for Higgins . Wont be many sorry to see him go despite last years cup win. Puke football is an understatement.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:16pm
Im a little surprised at the Barnsley link. He has hardly set the world on fire with Derry. Where has that come out of?
I love beer gardens
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Im a little surprised at the Barnsley link. He has hardly set the world on fire with Derry. Where has that come out of?
You and me both. Lot of chat locally about it. Could be an agent thing. You are lucky to have ruari, he’s in demand! 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 1:38pm
Derry fans should be delighted if he’s off to Barnsley, he must have a good agent 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Derry fans should be delighted if he’s off to Barnsley, he must have a good agent 
Be good to get him out the door without a payoff. Although that would be peanuts to the owner. Same agent as Kenny I believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
  Share Topic