You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 41>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What was the fall out between King and Jim about??
There was only going to be one King of the Brandywell and it wasnt Noel.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:18am
It was very well done i must say , just loved the bit where the old lad ( about my age ) was watching the FAI Cup Final on the tablet then welled up , that's the passion i love .

If anyone missed it please watch it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:48am
Was a great show
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:50am
I enjoyed it despite some inaccuracies only a LOI fan would have picked up on. 19,000 to Cork for a cup match, had to laugh at that. Dont think Flower Lodge held more than 14,000 and in the clip of the game there were thousands of Cork fans there.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 20 Apr 2021 at 9:53am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I enjoyed it despite some inaccuracies only a LOI fan would have picked up on. 19,000 to Cork for a cup match, had to laugh at that. Dont think Flower Lodge held more than 14,000 and in the clip of the game there were thousands of Cork fans there.
Had a laugh at that alright. Wouldn't be the first time the numbers didn't add up in DerryTongue
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 5:31pm

Was thinking that was a bit OTT. Thought they may have had a good few down for the day that didn't turn up for the match. 

It seemed to tail off very quickly after the treble. I was at the 88/89 League Cup final against Dundalk in Oriel (it was in late 88) and it was absolutely thronged with a huge travelling support. Derry were unplayable, hammered Dundalk 4-0. Brilliant atmosphere. 

Following season it was the same final (Dundalk won on pens after a 1-1 draw) but not even half the crowd at it. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 5:32pm
maybe it was just a little white lie...still a bumper crowd by the looks of the footage.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:07am
Devine gone as manager. 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Devine gone as manager. 
No surprise. Shouldn’t have got back in. His main attribute was waving his arms manically on the sideline. Paddy McCourt must be coming under scrutiny soon.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:57am
That's 2 managers out of 10 gone within weeks of season starting. For whom does the bell tell for next ? If Bohs get a hiding tomorrow night ? Derry must have somebody in mind to replace Deccy. Any ideas ? Shane Keegan, Ollie Horgan Horgan perhaps, or maybe Paul Doolin ?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 11:11am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 11:12am

That's 2 managers out of 10 gone within weeks of season starting. For whom does the bell tell for next ? If Bohs get a hiding tomorrow night ? Derry must have somebody in mind to replace Deccy. Any ideas ? Shane Keegan, Ollie Horgan Horgan perhaps, or maybe Paul Doolin ?
Higgins has been mentioned. Does he see his Ireland post lasting past the autumn?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 11:47am

LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
Clap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:26am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Higgins has been mentioned. Does he see his Ireland post lasting past the autumn?
Ruadhri Higgins new manager. 3.5 year deal. Must have left the Ireland post. Don’t think he will be able to do both.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 12:06am
good start by Higgins, overtake the sheep with a comprehensive win on Monday?
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 10:13pm
Delighted for Harps and their twitter 😂😂😂
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 12:24am
Higgins got them playing very well. Whispers Duffy is coming home, add him with Mc Elhinney and makings of a decent squad. Maybe a certain Donegal man with bohs also, who knows.

Fair play to chairman Phil O'Doherty, trying to get the centre of excellence in the town also. That be a real plus. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 41>
  Share Topic