You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 41>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

[QUOTE=pre Madonna]I was just informed that there's a documentary on Derry on BBC on Monday night. 
 https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56770908[/QUOTE

Sounds good I'll watch that.

Cool]
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 7:58pm
Yep looking forward to that also 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
Excellent so far!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm
Very enjoyable programme.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:18pm
Great documentary. Look at the crowds back then. Amazing and wouldn't it be great to see those again. Some dedication to get Derry into the league of Ireland from the 4 men and im sure countless more. Also isnt it amazing that the IFA basically said we don't want you go on down South. We dont care. Amazing really. Great seeing the old footage.

Edited by doherty - 19 Apr 2021 at 10:19pm
I love beer gardens
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm
Great stroll down Memory Lane. Really good documentary.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Great documentary. Look at the crowds back then. Amazing and wouldn't it be great to see those again. Some dedication to get Derry into the league of Ireland from the 4 men and im sure countless more. Also isnt it amazing that the IFA basically said we don't want you go on down South. We dont care. Amazing really. Great seeing the old footage.

Derry taking 19k fans to Cork for a cup match.

Cool
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:25pm
pubs were shut in the north on sundays so it was a great day out as well as the football.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Derry taking 19k fans to Cork for a cup match.

Cool

Imagine. How class would that be to have now in the league. Prob wudnt fit in the grounds now but still. 
I love beer gardens
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:51pm
Good watch alright. Started going to the Brandy bout 87/88 with my bigger brother and had forgotten some of the games. Getting beat 1-0 by EMFA i remember as it was baltic! 

Couple finals and Benfica games were great. I went down to local ticket shop, Jobbys, for a kids ticket for benfica game, no juvenile left so got the adult, think it was 4 pound, Jesus my Ma went mental at the price of it LOL

Kristic was better than Da Gama too. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Good watch alright. Started going to the Brandy bout 87/88 with my bigger brother and had forgotten some of the games. Getting beat 1-0 by EMFA i remember as it was baltic! 

Couple finals and Benfica games were great. I went down to local ticket shop, Jobbys, for a kids ticket for benfica game, no juvenile left so got the adult, think it was 4 pound, Jesus my Ma went mental at the price of it LOL

I know he was only at Derry for a season but did you or your family have any memories of Dennis Tueart?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:56pm
Who were EMFA?
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 10:57pm

Who were EMFA?

It was Kilkenny City's original name. They Changed it to Kilkenny in the late 80s

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Apr 2021 at 10:58pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

I know he was only at Derry for a season but did you or your family have any memories of Dennis Tueart?

Not sure DM, i was only young 10 or so, so cant remember him sorry. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Who were EMFA?

It was Kilkenny City's original name. They Changed it to Kilkenny in the late 80s

Ah right i didnt know who they were LOL 
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:25pm

Who were EMFA?
Emmet & Fatima I think...and the core of that treble team were from the Rovers 1984-87 team. Coady,  Doolin, Larkin, Neville, Brady. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 19 Apr 2021 at 11:31pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:46pm
Being shown on Thursday night on BBC2 for anyone that missed it. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 12:13am
What was the fall out between King and Jim about??
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 41>
  Share Topic