Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 41>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 1:00pm
Another loss, a prolonged sticky Patch after a good start to the season. Lucky they’re guaranteed 12 points a season against Bohs! 
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:33pm
Brandywell being renamed after their late captain Ryan Mc Bride 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:49pm
A lovely gesture Clap
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:29pm
It's not though, is it?

It's being forced through after a well funded political campaign by a charity, and the outsourcing by councillors of their duties to an internet poll.
Pathetic stuff, that essentially creates a hierarchy of tragedy.

I'll never use that new term.
City Till I Die
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:57am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Brandywell being renamed after their late captain Ryan Mc Bride 
Super idea I must say the only down side of it is I hope they don't aberate his name like calling it the RMS  ( stadium ) like they have done in Galway EDP .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

It's not though, is it?

It's being forced through after a well funded political campaign by a charity, and the outsourcing by councillors of their duties to an internet poll.

Do you think a sizable proportion of Derry City fans agree with you ? I don't think any LOI fan will ever call it anything other than the Brandywell . Nice gesture but perhaps a section of the stand would have being a better idea.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

It's not though, is it?

Do you think a sizable proportion of Derry City fans agree with you ? I don't think any LOI fan will ever call it anything other than the Brandywell . Nice gesture but perhaps a section of the stand would have being a better idea.

Yeah naming one of the stands after him is probably the best thing. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:23pm
Shiels gone, no loss to the league anyway the whingey prick 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Thank God to see the back of him. He talked some power of sh*te the last few weeks in particular.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I'd say even the Derry fans would agree with that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:55pm
Jim Mcguiness linked with the job.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Jim Mcguiness linked with the job.

Can't see it. Word is Darren Kelly is liked by the board, he is managing Hyde United in England at the minute.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 31 Oct 2018 at 12:17pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 12:22pm
I hear Sir Clive is interested
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:44am
Declan Devine rumored to be appointed this week with Rhuari Higgins as his assistant.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:30pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:43pm
Supposedly Devine/Higgins have been offered it. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/gary-hamilton-is-perfect-fit-for-derry-city-job-mccallion-1-8699004?fbclid=IwAR3wphb2cbIohcMMUeee5djvn4I6mPlJNgEDJ--m9rPu3_eUDaeF-kr1h_Y

Contracted until 2022 so highly unlikely Derry would buy his contract out. It is Declan Devine's if he wants it. Apparantly he does and it's just  matter now of sorting backroom staff which isn't far away.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 8:01pm
How are you boys with that appointment? Did well last spell didn’t he, remember being impressed with your style of play at the final v pats and your league games v us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 41>
  Share Topic