Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 41>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:16pm

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

7 wins on the spin for Derry. Looking like a real classy outfit at the minute. The experience of Patterson, Doherty and Peers is essential. The Hale brothers look brilliant prospects, McEneff, McDermott and Curtis are the three who could really push to get a move across the water. Eoin Toal at centre back as well, young man just 19 big future ahead. Great run at the minute but huge test on Friday night now away to Dundalk.

Fair play to Derry but of the 6 wins in the league 5 were at home and one away to Sligo. The next two games will give us a decent indication of where Derry are. If you're lucky Bradley's project might still be in action Friday week. 

Of course there is that caveat but it is always important to have good home form. So far it has been flawless, granted we haven't played the top two yet at home. Friday night will be a good indicator but I don't think we will get anywhere near winning the league so victories over Rovers, Waterford and Pat's are what we should be aiming for to push for Europe. Bradley is way out of his depth, I can't see him lasting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:02pm
Great to see Derry doing well esp after the sad events of last year 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:40pm
Saw a post on Twitter about the proposal to rename the stadium after Ryan McBride. Totally agree with it that while McBride is a very worthy person to name the stadium after, from the outside Mark Farren is every bit as much a Derry legend. Naming a stand after each seems more appropriate.

What do the locals think>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:46pm

Saw a post on Twitter about the proposal to rename the stadium after Ryan McBride. Totally agree with it that while McBride is a very worthy person to name the stadium after, from the outside Mark Farren is every bit as much a Derry legend. Naming a stand after each seems more appropriate.

Not sure it seems pretty popular amongst a lot of people but at a few public meetings over it things did get rather heated. I would say the majority I have spoken too are against it. However I stress that is just my experience and I know especially online amongst younger people it has support. On another note good result for Derry tonight. No Patterson, Ronan Hale or Conor McDermott tonight but still managed to grab a point.
cardwizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 12:08am

I hear what your saying, and agree to an extent. Difference is Ryan was from the Brandywell, one club man and Derry through and through. 

It got my vote, would be surprised if it didnt go through. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 4:46pm
Ronan Curtis being linked with a move to Portsmouth. Would be a huge loss but he should be sold for a big fee.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:32pm
3-0 away to Limerick tonight. McEneff with another double. Going very well at the minute though Limerick could have equalised shortly before we got the 2nd goal. Onwards to Bray on Friday and hopefully break into the top three.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:15am
Ye were very very poor last night. Was surprised given the run you were on. 

What's the craic with Shiels playing the clown and trying to wind up the fans  players etc all the time? It's hilarious but wouldn't have thought it'd help ye win a game.

Won four of our last five against you now. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:13pm

What's the craic with Shiels playing the clown and trying to wind up the fans  players etc all the time? It's hilarious but wouldn't have thought it'd help ye win a game.

By all accounts the players took the game lightly strolling around in the first half as if they only had to show up and you just can't do that against any opposition at any level really. Bray seem to have the midas touch over us at the minute though and it sounded like you played very well so fair play. I would say though that despite our excellent run there have been a few games where we were lucky not to lose. St.Pats and Shamrock at home stand out. 

Not sure what Kenny was doing, was he gesturing at the fans? He is a really passionate man though so maybe he was getting too passionate. Absolutely no doubt he will be livid about last night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

By all accounts the players took the game lightly strolling around in the first half as if they only had to show up and you just can't do that against any opposition at any level really. Bray seem to have the midas touch over us at the minute though and it sounded like you played very well so fair play. I would say though that despite our excellent run there have been a few games where we were lucky not to lose. St.Pats and Shamrock at home stand out. 

Not sure what Kenny was doing, was he gesturing at the fans? He is a really passionate man though so maybe he was getting too passionate. Absolutely no doubt he will be livid about last night.

Somebody else said that to me about them just having to turn up and win, would agree with it. Play you again in a few weeks, be very different that day I'd say. 

Few times our players went down after fouls and he kept shouting they were diving and play acting, they weren't, crowd was laughing at him so he started to turn around and shout to the crowd our players were play acting etc., as opposed to shouting at the ref. Linesman and fourth official told him to shut up a few times. 

Now he wasn't malicious or anything, just very odd when you're losing to the basement team in the league. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:58am
well tanked at home last night!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:19pm

well tanked at home last night!

It has been coming. A few home games we were very lucky to either get the win (vs St.Pats) or draw (vs Shamrock). Both teams didn't take their chances. Dundalk did. Just lacking a wee bit of extra quality and know how. No wins in three league games now. 2 losses and a draw. Massive game on Friday and Ronan Curtis sold today as well. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:58pm
2nd heavy defeat of the week for Derry. 9 goals conceded in 2 games. Starting to look like the squad is nowhere near strong enough as many of the players are looking jaded. Fair play to Pats tonight but again we were outplayed. 3 at the back was a disaster againjust like the Shamrock game. Genuinely think it is fatigue with the players at the minute. A few carrying knocks as well. League cup semi-final not far away so a possible final to look forward to so not all bad byt need to start winning again starting monday ngt vs Bray.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:33pm
Thinking of going to the Derry v Sligo game at the Brandywell week Friday anyone off here going?  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:12pm
good man DM, football tourism in reverse eh? Derby in Dublin next week Bohs have sold tickets in Sweden 10+, Germany25 , England 30, wales 20 and a couple of Portuguese plus a dozen or so ooop north, wish we could pique the interest of the “greatest fans in the world”......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:43am

Ronan Curtis has offically signed for Pompey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:14pm
I see the fee was disclosed, but anyone in the know, know how much he went for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:55pm

Thinking of going to the Derry v Sligo game at the Brandywell week Friday anyone off here going?  

Yes DM I will be there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 41>