Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 41>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Lovely message SHH

If you are still looking for Rte contact for old footage let me know

Cheers Ger, freewheeler put me in touch with Darren F at rte - he needs a list of the games so I'm trying to pull it together for him
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 8:30pm
Emotional stuff SHH I'm sure all the heartfelt tributes to Ryan reflect on what a great man he was and help comfort the family at such a difficult time feeling for you all.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Lads,

Just a wee note to say thank you for the messages over the past week, the banners at the loi grounds, the banners at the Wales game and to all those who came up to derry or sent cards/flowers. I am sure ybig and it's members had a hand in a lot of this.

The loi is a close knit community and we pull together fantastically when needed. I am sure every club had someone in attendance at the wake and funeral but personally I had a good chat with Dave Robertson and Mr O'sullivan from limerick fc. It was a great effort from him to drive from limerick to the wake on thursday and I think he set off in the middle of the night. He spent a lot of time with Ryan's dad and has invited us to limerick as their guests when we play them. Finn harps turned out in force and Linfield's chairman also spent a couple of hours chatting with us. We received a delivery of flowers from Robbie Keane as ever showing his class

Ryan's family saved every picture from every loi ground and the tributes have been a great comfort. We have taken great solace on how much he was respected across the league which is amazing given how fierce a competitor he was. Ryan was one of a kind and turned down a deal to leave derry which would have trebled his wages.

As usual Mr Delaney has disgraced the office of CEO of our football association but I'd prefer to concentrate on all the positive reaction and support we have received.

Below is a tribute to ryAn that I posted yesterday through the tears. Not as eloquent as Kenny Shields but straight from the heart nonetheless;

Thank you to everyone who has sent messages to me and Colleen over the past week - there are so many that we haven't been able to respond to all but we have read them all and appreciate the kind words.

As has been said, Ryan was a warrior and leader on the pitch but off it he had a soft side particularly when it came to his sisters and nieces. I have only known him 10 years but in that time he has matured into a lovely young man who had a great future ahead of him. Only a couple of weeks ago I was having a disaster when trying to move office until Ryan landed with a van that he got a lend of and spent the whole day shifting desks and boxes for me.

He gave us all so much pride when he played and particularly when he captained Derry - he has left a hole in so many people's lives that just cannot be filled. What Ryan achieved - going from D&D football to Derry City to the first team to become captain and then the best defender in this country is a fairytale story and I don't think it will ever happen again. Unfortunately the fairytale didn't have a happy ending on this occasion.

Nothing anyone can do will ease the loss but if the people of derry want to honour Ryan then get behind Kenny and the team and whilst it's easy to fill maginn park - honour Ryan by filling the brandywell next year and every year after that - he loved the club, the players and the fans so it is what he would want.

In truth, Ryan was a hero to me for how he played the game and all that he achieved and I loved him like he was my own brother. We will in the coming months find a way of honouring him and keeping his name alive.

RIP Bunge

Fantastic post. Stay strong
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 5:42pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:12pm
Planning on going to the Derry v Dundalk game, can I pay in at the gate?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yep, €12.
City Till I Die
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Yep, €12.
Shocked Well there is a first time for everything, someone from Darndale looking to pay for something
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:50am
Some tickets have been sent down to Dundalk actually. Are ye's expecting a big crowd?

Also on sale here: http://www.derrycityfc.net/page/online-ticketing.html
City Till I Die
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:41pm
Nine points from ye this season, 11-4 on aggregate

Shame we f**ked up the easier games
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:39am
What has happened to Derry?

I watched them at home to Dundalk and even though they lost 4-0 they still passed the ball around well, the scoreline was very flattering.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:36pm

What has happened to Derry?

I watched them at home to Dundalk and even though they lost 4-0 they still passed the ball around well, the scoreline was very flattering.

Pass the ball around all they want, lost 2-1 there next game to Galway and then stuffed at home 0-6 to Bray missing the Brandywell big time!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:07pm
No doubt they'll find their form again for the derby
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 11:51am
#BackToBrandy

Who has the dearest and cheapest ST in the LOI?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 5:28pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:49pm
Signed Jamie McDonagh from Sligo today. We were in need of a winger so hopefully he can add some spark. Comes with a very good reputation.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 18 Dec 2017 at 9:54pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Signed Jamie McDonagh from Sligo today. We were in need of a winger so hopefully he can add some spark. Comes with a very good reputation.

Disappointed to lose him.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Disappointed to lose him.

I hear he is a quality player but don't know much more about him. He was said to be excellent for you guys 2nd half of the season. Look forward to seeing him play. Do you think he will be good enough to slot in straight away to the first 11 up here?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 9:54pm
He was very good in patches for us. Would have liked to have seen what he would have been like this season coming. TBH don't know if he would get into yere team from last year but I think there's great potential there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 41>
  Share Topic