You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dentist Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Coffee stains my teeth fairly bad. Seems to impact some people more than others. I just get them cleaned 3 times a year. No way am I knocking coffee on the head. 

What do you mean by cleaned? With the dental hygienist?

Anytime i go they seem to spend half an hour scraping the back of my teeth, doesn't really make much difference to any potential stains on the front

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 11:26am
i always go to Thailand to get my teeth cleaned and end up coming home with a huge smile Big smileWink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:23pm
My advice would be to simply ignore the medical professional and his stupid advice. What the f**k does he know anyway. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:29pm

There are really simple solutions to allow you to get your coffee fix and also protect your teeth from further staining.

You could use a straw to drink the coffee.

Or, and I think you'll agree that this is the better method, you could get into the bicycle position on your back with funnel inserted into your balloon knot. Then simply ask a friend or family member to pour the coffee into your rectum at a nice steady pace.

El Puto Amo
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:13pm
Life would be very grim without coffee. I'd rather keep drinking coffee and not have a tooth in my head than give it up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:14pm
LOLa real family activity there as well 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Does vaping stain the teeth?

No. And it's about 20 times safer then smoking real cigarettes. It's still unhealthy and your feeding a habit but it's the better option. I have friends that were smoking 20-40 cigarettes a day, some have switched to vaping and they feel way better for it.  
It would damage this forums' reputation
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Anytime i go they seem to spend half an hour scraping the back of my teeth, doesn't really make much difference to any potential stains on the front

The scraping is only to remove the calculus, my hygienist always gives them a polish at the end with a soft brush.

I drink a load of tea and used smoke so stained a good bit too. Pearl drops whitening is good, or baking soda in a pinch
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

The scraping is only to remove the calculus, my hygienist always gives them a polish at the end with a soft brush.

I drink a load of tea and used smoke so stained a good bit too. Pearl drops whitening is good, or baking soda in a pinch

Yeah mine does that too, was just curios as i've never noticed that it whitens your teeth that much tbh. 
I use those strips sometimes that you can buy in chemists
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Does vaping stain the teeth?

No. And it's about 20 times safer then smoking real cigarettes. It's still unhealthy and your feeding a habit but it's the better option. I have friends that were smoking 20-40 cigarettes a day, some have switched to vaping and they feel way better for it.  
Ah now I'm going to have to go into one of those money laundering shops frequented by people half my age like an awkward bollox and ask them what I buy as a beginner and how much it costs. Unless anyone wants to help me out? Just want to do the same puffing on a cigarette to occupy myself in the evenings. Is it an ordeal putting a vape pen together and putting the juices in it or can a mental midget like me even do it?

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Dec 2022 at 4:31pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Yeah mine does that too, was just curios as i've never noticed that it whitens your teeth that much tbh. 
I use those strips sometimes that you can buy in chemists
Yeah same, never notice much when i leave dentist.

The strips we get in Ireland are fairly tame compared to the rest of the world. If you're ever in the states the same brand have twice the cleaning power. I'm sure there's good reason the EU don't like them but they give your teeth a proper whitening
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:05pm
Yeah my brother brings me some home from the US when he’s home 
Tried the ones from here and they don’t do much 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 5:19pm
Thats hydrogen peroxide, the governement dialled it down to a max of 5 or 6% about 10 years ago.

There is a phillips system that is supposed to be very good but probably very expensive
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:30pm
I bought a water flosser earlier in the year. Magic yoke. Admittedly have stopped using it but must get back to it. That’s sort the coffee I reckon but the spray can go everywhere. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:31pm
Ps lads, you can’t whiten over stained teeth. They need to be cleaned first.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I bought a water flosser earlier in the year. Magic yoke. Admittedly have stopped using it but must get back to it. That’s sort the coffee I reckon but the spray can go everywhere. 
A bidet? Sick **** 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:51pm
Guy I work with does be chewing on cloves a lot. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 7:21am

Yeah my brother brings me some home from the US when he’s home 
Tried the ones from here and they don’t do much 

I've used Crest ones before and didn't think they made much difference. 

Spotlight ones do a far better job.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic