You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dentist Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atletico madrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:46pm
Is he the dentist in lovehate kim?Wink
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 10:37pm
Can recommend Smiles also by the way. Don forget the tax on these can be claimed back via the Med2 form which brings down the costs a lot (hopefully thats still the case).
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Need to get a root canal and porcelain crown and got it priced at €1,400 in my regular dentist Shocked

Is that the going rate down here, and is there that much of a difference up north?
Move to the UK for a month. Get it done on the NHS.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Twice in twenty years?
I go twice a year n was contemplating upping it to three!teeth and hair first thing people notice

Why should I go regularly when the dentist said my teeth are fine, if it aint broke I'm not gonna pay someone to tell me what I already know.

It's like going to the doctor when your not sick.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Need to get a root canal and porcelain crown and got it priced at €1,400 in my regular dentist Shocked

Is that the going rate down here, and is there that much of a difference up north?

If only it worked like that. The NHS dentist is becoming a thing of the past and a waiting list longer than thon wall in China to get near one.

the new thing up here is dentists charging a few of 10 to 20 quid a month just to remain on their service. that covers 2 check ups per year and maybe a hygienist appointment. Very few free rides left that way.
@AntrimMan85
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:42am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Cost of going to the dentist here in Ireland is crazy. Was charged €93 for that which was hard to pay when on the dole.

The PRSI subsidy was removed in the 2010 Budget. The Government said it would be just for one year. In 2014, it is still removed, everyone is treated as a private patient, the cost is double what it used to be, and nobody goes to dentists now unless absolutely necessary.
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by flow flow wrote:

Twice in twenty years?
I go twice a year n was contemplating upping it to three!teeth and hair first thing people notice

Why should I go regularly when the dentist said my teeth are fine, if it aint broke I'm not gonna pay someone to tell me what I already know.

It's like going to the doctor when your not sick.

you need to have them cleaned regularly they clean your gums too which flossing does but not to the same extent and a check up in a doctors every now and again is no harm prevention is the best cure!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:34am
What is the going rate for implants ? ( the dental variety obviously)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Probably £750 a tooth upwards I would think. That'd be cheap as well.
@AntrimMan85
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

£750 is that with Doctor Nic Riviera ? have heard E2000 a tooth

Mmm might have to hope the toothless simpleton look makes a comeback
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:28pm

£750 is that with Doctor Nic Riviera ? have heard E2000 a tooth

Mmm might have to hope the toothless simpleton look makes a comeback

That'd be on the pricey end. Mate had a fancy Lisburn Road denist quote him £1,100. I assumed that'd be nearer the top end of the scale. I could be wrong.
@AntrimMan85
cass123456 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cass123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:53pm

If only it worked like that. The NHS dentist is becoming a thing of the past and a waiting list longer than thon wall in China to get near one.

the new thing up here is dentists charging a few of 10 to 20 quid a month just to remain on their service. that covers 2 check ups per year and maybe a hygienist appointment. Very few free rides left that way.

I'm an NHS dentist in Belfast and there are plenty of dentists taking new NHS patients on, myself included. You just have to look around to find one.
A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. An implant is about £2000 per tooth.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by cass123456 cass123456 wrote:

I'm an NHS dentist in Belfast and there are plenty of dentists taking new NHS patients on, myself included. You just have to look around to find one.
A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. [B}An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

YBIG discount ? any reduction for more than 1 tooth ?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm

A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

Interesting. I'm in the market for a new Dentist as my old wan was in Ballymena and is doing this stupid £120 quid a year to remain on his service craic.

Where you based?
@AntrimMan85
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:24pm
Went to smiles today. Turns out my regular dentist was one of the Love/Hate variety. Your one in Smiles in blanch said I don't need a new root canal treatment, just a removal of the crown and then a porcelain one put in, should be around the €700 mark - exactly half of what my original bastard priced me.

Since there's such a big difference might just throw in a whitening as well Cool
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:24pm

Twice in 20 years are you actually messing? Cleaned twice a year at least. I have a serious issue with teeth. I am obsessed with them being perfect. My braces cost 5,000 prob the best money ever spent. Teeth are the FIRST thing people notice - FACT and as flow said prevention is better than a cure. They dont tell you to get a check up every year for the laugh.

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:25pm
Im going to get my bad boys whitened soon too Clap
cass123456 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cass123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 2:43pm

A private root treatment and crown would cost around £600-£800, though prices really vary depending on the dentist. [B}An implant is about £2000 per tooth.

YBIG discount ? any reduction for more than 1 tooth ?

If you're working/living in Newry, you could be treated as an NHS patient
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic