You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dentist Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dentist Prices
    Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:04pm
Need to get a root canal and porcelain crown and got it priced at €1,400 in my regular dentist Shocked

Is that the going rate down here, and is there that much of a difference up north?
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:09pm
Bother got a crown done in the north a year ago for cheap enough,he was in a world of pain over the Christmas period,went to his dentist in Dublin who discovered there was a dead tooth under the crown,he said when it was removed the smell was unbearable!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:09pm
Is there any way you can just get it taken out instead? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:33pm
Try smiles. They're usually quite decent
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:40pm
Now did the root bit last year and going for the crown in a month or so €1200 i think is the total cost in Galway Pinch
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:43pm
Cost of going to the dentist here in Ireland is crazy. Went to mine last week and was charged €70 for a checkup and was then told I needed 1 tooth removed and 2 fillings. Total cost was €343 for that so I told him to forget about the fillings to just remove the 1 tooth. Was charged €93 for that which was hard to pay when on the dole.

Only good thing about our dentist is he will let you pay in instalments for the work needs doing and will actually do it without being paid on the day
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:45pm
Go to Poland and get a weekend over there plus treatment for about half that price (or so I believe)
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:49pm

Budapest is great for dental holidays

shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:53pm
I got root canal done up here last year for under 100quid
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 3:53pm
A filling I had chipped out recently and my dentist replaced it for free.

Cork dentists Thumbs Up
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:00pm
go to MYDental beside slaterys pub near aviva
got mine done at same price i was quoted by a crowd from budapest

i can recommend the work also
Getting old and intolerant
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Try smiles. They're usually quite decent

I've sent them in a query, just waiting for them to get back. Thought about Budapest/Poland etc but it's time off and a lot of effort so if the saving isnt big I wouldn't bother. 

The tricky part about what I need done is there's a temporary root canal and crown that need removing before they put the new lot in so it's gonna be fairly expensive either way I'd say and if I was to go foreign for it, it might involve 2 trips. f**king horrible to think of handing over a grand and a half for it Dead

Edited by Max Power - 15 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:45pm
Fairly sure there was a thread on this before - places in Armagh doing dental work for a fraction of the price.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

+1

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

go to MYDental beside slaterys pub near aviva
got mine done at same price i was quoted by a crowd from budapest

i can recommend the work also

Thanks for the tip know a friend that needs work done. I have been to the dentist twice in the last 20 years, teeth are all good could do with a withening all the same
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:22pm
Twice in twenty years?
I go twice a year n was contemplating upping it to three!teeth and hair first thing people notice
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

+1

No unfortunately it's the front tooth so they only way it won't look out of place is with a crown. When I got the temporary one in they purposely left a small part of the tooth for a crown
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:10pm
One of my best mates is a dentist,will never take any money from me and has done a lot of work over the years for me (I've stopped trying to pay him at this stage) just get him beers.

He told me horror stories of people doing the dental tourist bit.He has had to do loads of repairs on jobs that were done abroad.He is an honest guy and has no reason to exaggerate these stories.The patient ends up paying a lot more and often is in a world of pain as well.

I'm sure there's loads of people happy with the work they got done as well though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic