You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dentist/ Doctor check ups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dentist/ Doctor check ups
    Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:26am
whats the views on annual check ups?

Was at the dentist for the first time in 5years last week, not good, was there again today and now have a hole in my gum, where a tooth once wasCry

Definitely wont leave so long next time  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:27am
Got my teeth polished at a checkup yesterday and he cost me €55 - I thought that was extremely excessive?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:38am
2 fillings and 1 tooth removed, €280 plus another €50 next friday for polishing, so it would seem that price you were charged would be the norm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:38am
Think it's a bit of a money racket myself. Unless your teeth are killing you then i say don't bother.

Last time i went to the dentist i was told i needed 10 fillings, i went to another and they said my teeth we fine Confused
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:49am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Got my teeth polished at a checkup yesterday and he cost me €55 - I thought that was extremely excessive?

yeah thats the price, free checkup but then a shakedown for a cleaning. worth it once a year though
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 8:49am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Think it's a bit of a money racket myself. Unless your teeth are killing you then i say don't bother.

Last time i went to the dentist i was told i needed 10 fillings, i went to another and they said my teeth we fine Confused

you can tell you dont go to the dentist in fairness Dead
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 9:02am
I have started going to Newry now, much cheaper than Dublin...about 40% cheaper.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

yeah thats the price, free checkup but then a shakedown for a cleaning. worth it once a year though

was €80/85 when i got it done last month, couldn't believe it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

was €80/85 when i got it done last month, couldn't believe it

I believe it.
That's what it costs when you have a mouth like Shane McGowan LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 9:46am

You can tell you don't even brush yours 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:22am

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:51am
went the dentist during the week for a check up and an extensive clean with the hygenist, cost 80 europeans and i still have to go back for two fillings.

"Just put it up there..."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:54am
Go once at year at least and always head down the country as the dentist in Clontarf was ripping me off.  
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:56am
if you have a good hygenistdont bother with the check up,  if they see anything wrong when they are cleaning they usually get the dentist to have a quick look at it, happened me this year, saved 30 quid on the cost of a check up

dont really go to the doctor unless i have to, tho it was health and safety week at work  this week so got a free quick check up for blood pressure, cholesterol and other stuff

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:01am
£17 for a check up, including an x-ray and a white filling is £80 in London. God bless the NHS.

Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:12am
With work we get 3 free visits to a local doctor a year. Only found this out a few months ago and used it last week. Saves ye spendin 50/60 euro for them to look at ye for 3 minutes and prescribe somethin. Haven't been to the dentist in quite a while mind you.... 
Ahh heya!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 11:15am
I still have a baby tooth Embarrassed  f**kin public dentists!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 12:03pm
i went to smiles in blanch village tis a nice place, busy little spot and the open plan layout is a bit funky.

baby tooth reallly McG?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic